Page 2239 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1239173921392189222922372238223922402241224922892339 ... LastLast
Results 33,571 to 33,585 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    use a one way clutch off a tractor they are made for non live drive tractors using mowers so the mower doesn't put you through a fence.
    anyon who has used a TEA feg with a mower will know why its a must have.
    https://www.hoyetractor.com/overrun.htm
    https://www.hoyetractor.com/PROD/or-660.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    All bloody good ideas, but I dont have any such things laying around and Im not waiting another two weeks. If the engine seizes, it will be a catastrophe for sure. Clutch is my saviour for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200409_172210.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	792.0 KB 
ID:	345300  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    All bloody good ideas, but I dont have any such things laying around and Im not waiting another two weeks. If the engine seizes, it will be a catastrophe for sure. Clutch is my saviour for now.
    You have a tractor and Farms are still essential business, you live on a farm, order one it will arrive in the heart of dairy country to your old dairy shed the next day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dtp.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	345306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tea page.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	345307
    bloody things are only $38 USD in USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wiechman View Post
    Frits, what is under the red half-round guard shown in Koene-3 and Koene-4? Break away torque limiter or a clutch of some sort?
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    You gotta have a one way clutch somewhere in a direct driven engine dyno setup. Just imagine the chaos caused by the huge drum inertia , continuing to spin everything , if for some reason the engine seized or the gearbox drive failed. I have discovered that a cheap , small one way clutch used on tractor PTO shaft outputs works perfectly , and is easy to adapt.
    Right. The drawback is: with a one-way clutch in the power line you cannot use the starter motor to start the combustion engine. That red half-round guard is shielding a one-way clutch, lockable for starting purposes.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    . . . . . Clutch is my saviour for now.
    speaking from experience - by the time you get the clutch in all the bits will be rattling around your shed

Bike
    triumph 800xc 2011

Will Dun,you are GAME and lonely in your in quest for a new two stroke.

[QUOTE=WilDun;113115
    te for years!

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by folke View Post
    I have a poppet valve outside the port to try to create a pulse ore a bounce of the gases to help the plugging effect.
    Any chance of a picture or two?

Bike
    triumph 800xc 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Any chance of a picture or two?
    Yes i have some pictures, but i need to work out how to put the on.
    Cant get the grandkids to help at the moment.

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    Our inertial dyno did not have a one way clutch. We used a square key into a centrifugal clutch at the flywheel. We had only one engine seizure in over a thousand tests. The piston seized at over 15000 rpm. The engine was completely destroyed. All that was left was a holed crankcase filled with metal chunks. The key twisted 180 degrees. The good news was this was only a 26 cc engine and was relatively easy to replace. I would seriously consider a one way clutch on a more exotic engine.

Lohring Miller

Name:	CMB 35 on dyno.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	345304

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    What I do need is a one way clutch with a dog clutch over ride for starting purposes.
    Because I need to transmit torque both ways.

Bike
    none
    What I do need is a one way clutch with a dog clutch over ride for starting purposes. Because I need to transmit torque both ways.
    How about this Neil? Slide these two parts partly axially together and you'll have a one-way clutch. Slide them further together and you'll have a dog clutch.
    I once built something like this from kickstarter parts and I guess you'll find some useful stuff in your scrap heaps.

Name:	Dyno clutch.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	345308

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by folke View Post
    I am with you and don't believe the expansionchambers size and bulk will not be acceptable much longer in any new two stroke design.I am from the pre expansionchamber aera, my first two stroke bike had a
    straight pipe.In the early sixties we got to see and copy the first conical pipes with a blank end and a pipe welded into the end,60 years on and we are still cutting and modifying but now in an science way.
    My love was always MX- Enduro so many pipes later I'm sic of them and have started experiating with a straight pipe again.I was always a tinkerer.I have a poppet valve outside the port to try to create a
    pulse ore a bounce of the gases to help the plugging effect.Runns well and sounds good but still very raw in development.
    Is it only Will and myself thinking along this lines ore anyonelse GAME ??

Being locked up might give me to much time on my hands and hence reach out to likeminded.

I have enjoyed this site for years!
    Sorry FOLKE, just fired up the old computer (a bit late today)! - Unlike you, all my tinkering is just done in my mind now and I would be quite happy to see you contribute here or elswhere in this forum.

Firstly I'm not brave, but sometimes a bit rash with my statements, (and I'm getting too old to care about niceties) so, often what I say won't make much impression on the (real) experts we have here, I can live with that, but I just contributed that "proclamition" to provoke some movement amongst contributors - (the thread had almost stalled completely for the first time in years!).

All I'm really trying to do is point out the reality of the dire situation of the two stroke engine - sometimes it takes a dummy who who can actually see the "forest" and whose mind isn't totally focused on the minute details of fine tuning and trying to wring out the dregs from the present day two stroke - and only in the area of competition! - Dont get me wrong! - that's all great fun, but for the future of the two stroke, we need to be able to take a much wider view!
    My belief is that the future lies in world wide sales - generally, competition machines have been a spinoff from bikes designed for transport only!

This ESE thread in the Kiwi Biker forum I think was started by TZ350 specifically for Bucket Racing, which was definitely a fun spinoff from road going motorcycles and I think it should remain so!

I do look in now and again. I'll probably disappear again just as quickly.
    It would be unthinkable to see this thread go down - it's been a fantastic success!

Hope we all survive the Virus! - I think we will!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TZ400
    My hand is shaking as I write this , consumately aware of being stabbed in the eye with one of your intellectual forks by contradicting you Frits , but there is an easy way of incorporating a starter motor
    into a dyno setup as well as a safety sprag overun clutch for the spinning inertia mass.
    The left hand chain comes from the sprocket and direct drives the secondary shaft.This has the starter motor flex plate on the RH end , so when the starter sprag engages it drives the test motor for firing it up.
    The PTO tractor sprag is internally connected to the jack shaft , and its outer is connected to the central sprocket/chain that drops down to direct drive the inertia wheel.
    The inertia wheel shaft also has the disc brake.

When the output sprocket exceeds the secondary shaft speed , the sprag locks and the inertia drum is driven ie allowing acceleration dependant upon input Hp
    Whenever the inertia drum rotational speed exceeds the output sprocket speed , the sprag overuns , in effect allowing the engine to stop instantly , and the disc brake can then be used to independantly halt the inertia wheel.
    This also means the disc brake can be used as a secondary load to prevent the engine from accelerating at all , if needed.

My dyno run number exceeds 1000 , as the computer counter has recently reset itself to zero , and I have saved 3 engines from destruction without even having their clutch cables connected.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4553.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	828.4 KB 
ID:	345309  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    triumph 800xc 2011
    Post no longer wanted
    Last edited by folke; 15th April 2020 at 13:52. Reason: post no longer wanted

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    (When posting a message and want to add photos,) - scroll down further, click on "Manage Attachments" - "Upload Manager" will appear.
    Then click on "add files" then it will say "choose files" - find your file then "upload" - and I think it says insert online click that and I think (from memory) hopefully you're done! - any problems consult the experts! (it won't do PDF files though.).
    Strokers Galore!

Thread Information