Page 2413 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 1413191323132363240324112412241324142415242324632513 ... LastLast
Results 36,181 to 36,195 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by jfn2 View Post
    Frits
    I thank you for your reply and, as always, look forward to more of your wisdom both said and unsaid. I just have to train myself to read the unsaid parts a little more diligently.
    If I may comment on your 'Leaning Tower of Pisa' treatise. It was the most comprehensive writing I have seen. I have a pretty good little library on 2T engines and none of them could explain the workings of a 2t as well as what you wrote, at least that I could understand. Many thanks.
    wobbly
    Thank you. That info and what Frits said (and didn't say) gives me some parameters to work with in JanBros's excel sheet.
    Jeff, thank you for your kind words. Now I wonder: what is it that I 'didn't say'? Are you perhaps referring to information in pictures ?

EDIT: I think I got it. Were you alluding to "The placement of the intersection point with the bore center line was not mentioned at all in my scavenging concept" ?

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    A slight umbra sheen tells you it's nicasil, as does the lack of a perfectly round separation line.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KN Planning cylinder-2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	350204Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KN Planning cylinder-1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	350205

Thank you Andreas. Anyone else care to comment?

Bike
    TZ400
    It must be a nicasil , as the spigot is fully coated on the end , but the bore edge at the transfer ducts is " ragged ".
    I ssume also they have taken the chrome flash off the top deck as that is only a narrow band.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    It must be a nicasil , as the spigot is fully coated on the end , but the bore edge at the transfer ducts is " ragged ".
    I ssume also they have taken the chrome flash off the top deck as that is only a narrow band.
    Thanks Wobbly.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels Abildgaard View Post
    Can it be explained by friction ?There is a thermodynamical small gain going from 15 to 16 but there is also a at least 6% rize in friction from the piston ring
    I dunno actually.
    But those 6% increase might not be comparable to engines total friction.
    Say the ring stands för 2% of engines total friction.
    And 6% increase of those 2% isn´t much at all, 2.12%

Bike
    1980 Suzuki Gs1100E
    Hello Frits

Now I wonder: what is it that I 'didn't say'? Are you perhaps referring to information in pictures ?
    EDIT: I think I got it. Were you alluding to "The placement of the intersection point with the bore center line was not mentioned at all in my scavenging concept" ?Yes, I was alluding to that. If this intersection point was of no significance why did you place the 'Trailing and Leading Distances' markers on your drawing? I just thought that the placement of the column in the bore would be critical to all the other measurements. I understand that the 'position' angles are very important also to achieve this intersection point but since about 99.6% of us are trying to change existing cylinders it's not always possible to change where the ports are located to the extent needed to achieve the 30* angle. Therefore my question...Which is more important, the angle of the leading edge or the intersection point on the bore center line? I also understand this is about reducing the short circuiting problem. I'm just trying to do the best I can with what I have to work with. Thank you very much for all of your help. We keep plugin away.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I had to draw pictures and high light stuff to get my head around this.

Pic 1. As more power is developed, a hole/dip (Point B) appears in the the power curve just before max output (Point A).

The drivability of the bike is affected by this dip just before max power.

There is a trade off between power and drivability. (as we all know)

The main things that make more power, are, and in order of priority (1) the primary transfer tangental angle, (2) the inner transfer port radius, (3) the main transfer port axial inclination, (4) and main transfer port open size and shape. All high lighted in pic 2.

Pic 3 data from tests that show the trade off between power and drivability for the different variables.

Pic 4 configuration of the better test cylinders.

Get a copy of the paper from here:- http://www.2stroke-tuning.nl/media/pdfjes/porting.pdf

Name:	Ports-1.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	260.1 KB 
ID:	350208Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Power Curve.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	252.7 KB 
ID:	350209Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Best Power-1.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	494.3 KB 
ID:	350206Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Best Power-2.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	364.4 KB 
ID:	350207

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Here is a little technical story for the coming Christmas days. Its official title is Transfer Theory, but I call it

The leaning tower of Pisa

Transfer theory part 1

the central column

Originally posted by Frits

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by jfn2 View Post
    If this intersection point was of no significance why did you place the 'Trailing and Leading Distances' markers on your drawing?
    I did it to show the coherence between the old way and my way (do I sound like Frank Sinatra?), like it says in the Leaning tower of Pisa-treatise:
    Most two-stroke people define radial scavenging directions by quoting the distances where the ports would intersect the center line (the leading distance and trailing distance in the drawing below left). Gordon Blair used that notation in his publications, and 95% of us followed suit. But there is a better, more universally applicable way.

Name:	Pisa-2 FOS scavenging concept.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	350212

Bike
    husaberg

Originally posted by Frits
    some of my best writing
    of my Plagiarised content anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1980 Suzuki Gs1100E
    Frits
    Again thank you very much for your reply and patience. It's finally beat into my head.

Bike
    2Stroke Stuffing's adventures continue. Getting the 24/7 engine running for testing the dyno. https://youtu.be/7ShU3YnFOpw
    This so very much reminds me of what a lot of people at the sharp end go through developing their bikes for "Bucket Racing".

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    2Stroke Stuffing's adventures continue. Getting the 24/7 engine running for testing the dyno.
    This so very much reminds me of what a lot of people at the sharp end go through developing their bikes for "Bucket Racing".
    He is now discovering why most development is incremental, and even then you can get very lost. Making a paradigm shift is sometimes very challenging.

We are all holding thumbs he finds his way!

Bike
    Honda NS1, TM EN144, Simson S51
    Quote Originally Posted by lodgernz View Post
    I'd like some advice please from the more experienced tuners here. Would you say this cylinder has a steel or cast iron sleeve, or is it Nicasil?

Sorry for the poor photos, they are the best I could get, and as it's a Japanese wesite, of course there's no information except what engine it fits.

Attachment 350199Attachment 350200
    This cylinder looks like a alu clone of the nsr75/ns1 (47,5mm bore) cast iron ones. The Bikes were mainly sold in spain.
    Lodgernz, do you have a link to the homepage where I can find these cylinders?

Greets

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ns1Montesa View Post
    This cylinder looks like a alu clone of the nsr75/ns1 (47,5mm bore) cast iron ones. The Bikes were mainly sold in spain.
    Lodgernz, do you have a link to the homepage where I can find these cylinders?

Greets
    Actually made for the NSR80 & CRM80, but will fit perfectly on the NS-1 75cc crankcase. It will require the corresponding 49.5mm piston.

https://japan.webike.net/products/24635158.html

Thread Information