Page 2088 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 10881588198820382078208620872088208920902098213821882588 ... LastLast
Results 31,306 to 31,320 of 39423

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    yzf 250
    No 1 Neels

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by Vannik View Post
    DutchPower, I do not fully understand your question:

1. Do you ask why, after a number of simulation runs and development, the best pipe looks like the picture,
    2. Or do you ask why Dat2T always gives the same starting pipe?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchpower View Post
    No 1 Neels
    That is like asking why the optimum is the optimum, I will try:

Our current understanding of the inlet, scavenging, exhaust duct shape and pumping optimums lead us to an engine with a certain type of port layout and size (mostly derived from Jan's work on the RSA125), and this layout requires specific suction and plugging pulses from the pipe with a specific phasing and strength to make it all work together. This basic exhaust layout gives you that.

For a less than optimum engine, for instance the TM KZ10C which has a fixed timing curve prescribed by the rules, we see some deviations from this "optimum" shape, to compensate for the less than optimum condition. I am sure that as scavenging, selective cooling, exhaust ducts etc develops further this optimum shape will drift to a new shape.

Does this answer your question?

Bike
    yzf 250
    Oke Neels

Only asking because it works well by some engines ( ktm 65 '19 ) and others not
    And the port layout of the ktm are not so good ( wobbly )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190119_105101_resized.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	340406  

Bike
    Conti RX356 V3
    out of curiosity - does the program have an optimizer which automatically iterates to the 'best' pipe?

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by koenich View Post
    out of curiosity - does the program have an optimizer which automatically iterates to the 'best' pipe?
    No, it is something that is planned but it will have to follow making the software parallel processing, otherwise it will run for weeks.

Bike
    variety
    just a small update. got a new torch and continued on from when the other one broke. next step now is just a bit of grinding it down and put on the outer shell. seems like its taking along time just to make small progress
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20190119_190807_3045.jpeg 
Views:	180 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	340470  

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    ... seems like its taking along time just to make small progress
    I think most of us can relate to that..... ...... we are looking forward to the result of all your good work.

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moore View Post
    A bit OT, but who (besides Nova) is making 2T race transmissions? Do the shifter kart engine manufacturers do them in house or are there a few "standard" sources that provide them to the OEMs?

It used to be that if you wanted a race transmission you could start with an RD/RZ and drop TZ parts in, or go to your local dealer and buy RS125/TZ125 parts, or maybe pick up something from a 125/250 Rotax race engine. But all those engines have been out of production for 10-25 years now.

I've heard that the NSF250R is basically using the late RS125 box, but I don't know how available bits from something like that would be, especially here in the US where GP racing is pretty much dead.

At one time in Italy you could become a m/c manufacturer by shopping at Minarelli/Franco Morini for engine, Dell'Orto for carb, Verlicchi for a frame, Grimeca for wheels, Marzocchi or several others for suspension, CEV/Aprilia for electrics etc etc and then just assemble the parts. Do the modern 2T race engine makers have a race transmission company they shop at who can supply "off the shelf" turn key primary drives/transmissions?

Many of the modern 4T transmissions have plain bearings and need a pressure oil feed to them (but not Ducati, as used in the Tularis 2T twin special) so they are not suitable for easy grafting in to a DIY project unless an oil pump is added. A transmission/clutch sized for the torque spikes of an 1100 Duc twin seems like it might be overkill (though strong) for a 125-250 2T engine. But the Ducati looks like it is about the main option for a readily available and affordable gearbox clutch for an engine project. I suspect there are other options but I'm looking in the wrong places for them.

cheers,
    Michael
    Search Roberto Micozzi on FB he speaks and types very good English, very nice work , great prices and service

https://www.facebook.com/MicozziIngranaggi

Thanks for letting us know about Johns new book, these days Italy still seems to be the home of beautiful small scale manufacture of engines. Seen many of the RSA type scooter engines married to CVT's which seem to pump out serious hp, all housed in a old Vespa frame

Bike
    whatever I can get running - dirt/track/
    The photos on Micozzi's page look nice, and he seems to do work for a wide variety of marques. Thanks for the tip. I'm still in the early stages of looking at this Ducati gearbox.

cheers,
    Michael

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

Faces of the Isle of Man ......

Bike
    kart

insert cooling

Hi Wobbly
    is modifying the head on a kx10c to allow cooling over the whole insert better than no direct water cooling at all
    great result for you on the weekend at the CIK meeting in hamilton
    cheers Richard

Bike
    TZ400
    Thanks Richard , yea makes me laugh when all our opposition wreak gear by "tuning" on the stand.
    I look at the Density Altitude on my phone and change jets 4 times a day, keeping the egt nailed at 650.
    The C model insert can be cooled above the squish and around the plug only, by cutting a slot from front to rear in the cover.
    If you think about it hard enough , you will see how not to be cooling the back of the chamber by doing this.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I thought that them (we shared race days with buckets and karts) revving them out like crazy and braking on crotch high stands was an attempt to intimidate and distract other teams while their driver sat up in the car listening to Cyndi Lauper.

It's a wonder they are still allowed to do that as I imagine if a kid or careless person walked into a spinning wheel it would just be horrific.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    whatever I can get running - dirt/track/
    Honda did that in the 1960s. They'd line up the bikes on their stands with the exhausts aimed at the Yamaha pits and then start/warm them up. An unmuffled Honda 4/5/6 is quite loud.

Bike
    Anything with 2 wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moore View Post
    Honda did that in the 1960s. They'd line up the bikes on their stands with the exhausts aimed at the Yamaha pits and then start/warm them up. An unmuffled Honda 4/5/6 is quite loud.
    Ho ho ho.

1998 All Jap Championship.......We were at Motegi working in the pit, when the HRC blokes in the pit next door fired up the Honda six for a couple of demo laps on the oval. Blimey!!! I thought an earthquake was upon us!

Thread Information