Page 2365 of 2623 FirstFirst ... 1365186522652315235523632364236523662367237524152465 ... LastLast
Results 35,461 to 35,475 of 39341

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    A year ago we were analyzing this:

Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    A 2 stroke...….no smoke and no expansion chamber

https://www.facebook.com/StrangeDeve...7816313608614/
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/Stran...mentAndDesign/

https://www.facebook.com/11616091643...69186610461804

What is the difference: which is better the disc valve?

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    Eco Motors ran turbochargers with electric motors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Electric turbo.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	349083

Formula One has a motor/generator in their turbos. I have one of those motors, but I have no idea how it's hooked up. Today there are low cost, high power model motors that could easily spin up a turbocharger. The model turbojets use an electric start system.

Lohring Miller

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    At the intake it is clear that the rotary disc valve wins over the cylindrical rotary valve (only QUB has operated at high levels).
    In the exhaust the same thing or the opposite happens, which of the two solutions is better, Alex with a disc valve or StrangeDevelopment with a cylinder valve.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    At the intake it is clear that the rotary disc valve wins over the cylindrical rotary valve (only QUB has operated at high levels).
    In the exhaust the same thing or the opposite happens, which of the two solutions is better, Alex with a disc valve or StrangeDevelopment with a cylinder valve.
    I would not say that QUB has operated at high levels with the half-speed drum inlet valve in their QUB-250; it produced 42 hp at a time when the disc-valve MZ-250 produced 60 hp, despite the very modest financial possibilities in the German Democratic Republic, compared to the deeper pockets of Queens University Belfast.
    However, for a valve working in hot exhaust gases I would prefer the drum type, like StrangeDevelopment is doing.

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    I would not say that QUB has operated at high levels with the half-speed drum inlet valve in their QUB-250; it produced 42 hp at a time when the disc-valve MZ-250 produced 60 hp, despite the very modest financial possibilities in the German Democratic Republic, compared to the deeper pockets of Queens University Belfast.
    However, for a valve working in hot exhaust gases I would prefer the drum type, like StrangeDevelopment is doing.
    42CV was already delivered by OSSA of SANTIAGO HERRERO and was single cylinder and air-cooled

Bike
    TZ400
    I tend to agree with SwePatrick , the vast majority of people that we see getting into developing a " new " way of operating a 2T , cant manage to build one that operates
    at the currently accepted SOTA levels , so are doomed from the getgo.
    I fear Alex is going to end up like NoLuc - continually making huge promises his ability cant match in reality.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think we share the same choice, we prefer physical barriers to solid barriers for the containment of loss of load due to the exhaust

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    I tend to agree with SwePatrick, the vast majority of people that we see getting into developing a " new " way of operating a 2T , cant manage to build one that operates at the currently accepted SOTA levels , so are doomed from the getgo.
    I fear Alex is going to end up like NoLuc - continually making huge promises his ability cant match in reality.
    There are some issues here. Alex's stated aim is to build the worlds most powerful 50cc two stroke and prove it on the Bonneville salt flats.

Alex has already made a pretty successful conventional 2S. Just some of the things he has done along the way. He has made his own dyno to test his original engine and on going development work. He then moved on to exploring the 24/7 concept. He made his own cylinder plating system to plate his own home made cylinder. A cylinder that has a layout based on the Aprilia RSA and his knowledge of modern two stroke design.

Then super wide exhaust ports to acheve the port time area needed to get to the next level. To get the big ports he had to go to new ideas about ring and piston design. He built his own CNC maching centre to make things for this project. Now he is musing about better ways of improving the BMEP of his creation. Like Burt Munro, maybe Alex will not totaly realise his dream on the salt. But like Burt, Alex's efforts, energy and dedication to the cause are sure a cut above most mortals.

If Alex was a Bucket racer here in New Zealand we would all be in awe of his energy and inventiveness. And is the reasion I post his YouTube clips. Basically he is doing what I wish I could. I guess a lot of us would have loved to do what he is if we had been talented or skilled enough.

Un like secrative NoLuc, all take, boastful, with no generosity at the dinner table. Alex has always been open about his dream, what he is doing, how he is doing it, his progress, his successes and failures and is why he is welcome here. Maybe it all wont work out succesfully for him but he does make an interesting dinner guest.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Unlike secrative NoLuc, all take, boastful, with no generosity at the dinner table, Alex has always been open about his dream, what he is doing, how he is doing it, his progress, his successes and failures and is why he is welcome here. Maybe it all wont work out succesfully for him but he does make an interesting dinner guest.
    Amen to that. I couldn't agree more .

Bike
    TZ400
    I fully agree with you as well TeeZee , I wish him the best of luck - but get frustrated when he bounces around from one tangent to the next instead of fully exploring one avenue
    and proving/disproving its validity.
    The reverse L ring in a 100% bore / port is the best example .
    I know it works perfectly , I was there , and it was me who suggested for Makr to try it in his new two piece piston design.
    But this somehow ended up as a flat ring with a retaining hole that failed instantly - and resulted in the concept being totally dumped.
    In this case it wasnt the concept that was flawed , it was the execution.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia

alex

i really enjoy Alexs you tube 2stroke stuff... hes built up a good bit of kit and learnt how to use it... maybe with supercharging he could have more controlled exhaust ports and more radial transfers in the conventional way.

Bike
    Moped
    Quite an interesting site on compressor on small engines, especially if you like old engines. https://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/supercharging.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5B2369FF-62E3-42D0-937C-6B7AEA3E09DD.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	349086  
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    ETEC 800
    Here is something I whipped up today. My plan is to use it as a tool when changing stroke and rod length to find what piston and or spacer is necessary. It has a slotted hole so the carriage bolt that is brazed to an extra rod pin can slide to adjust the stroke. Similar to Jan Bros killer spreadsheet, the "old" engine can be documented on the tape before increasing the stroke and rod. It is very crude in version 1. The idea is to have a quick visual of the situation. Doubt this is the first of its kind, but I figured I would share with you kind gentlemen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	degree wheel engine.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	306.3 KB 
ID:	349087  

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhr View Post
    Quite an interesting site on compressor on small engines, especially if you like old engines. https://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/supercharging.html
    I don't get the feeling that that author really understands the concept of two stroke supercharging. As I've said many times, you can supercharge a two stroke by raising both the intake and exhaust pressure. A tuned pipe does this as does a turbocharger. Both have limitations. Of course you can do this with a mechanical supercharger and an exhaust valve. I would pick an efficient screw compressor over a Roots blower if you want significant boost. The entire cycle pressure can be raised in this way.

This same issue applies to Stirling engines. There the cycle can be closed in a chamber. At atmospheric pressure, the cycle needs a really big engine for significant power. You need to raise the cycle pressure to thousands of psi in a commercial engine. This creates seal issues, especially when hydrogen is the working fluid. Even so, engines with a generator enclosed in the pressure vessel are being used in several current applications.

Lohring Miller

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    Regarding turbocharging of two stroke engines.

Lennarth Zanders work.

Power up to ~70 hp was seen on dyno (125cc) as I understand reading the paper.

https://www.sae.org/publications/tec...-0642/preview/
    Lennarth Zander, really nice fellow lives close to me, I've visited him a couple of times in educational purpose. It isn't enclosed in the article what performance this engine had, but the engine before was a tzr 125 close to standard and it made 55 hp at the sprocket I think.

Thread Information