Page 2475 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 1475197523752425246524732474247524762477248525252575 ... LastLast
Results 37,111 to 37,125 of 39408

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    No Neil " the world " doesn't want electric.
    We are being continually force fed an insidious party line of complete bullshit about an EVs environmental impacts that has no basis in actual reality.
    Apart from the huge impact of the millions of tons of mined rare earth metals needed to actually make the batteries ( just another finite resource ) , and some of the dirtyest manufacturing processes of any current industry ,
    the vast majority of EVs power consumed around the world, is supplied via coal and or gas.

Here in NZ the situation is even stupider , we cant keep up the current grid supply ( minimal EV usage ) without spending millions of overseas funds on imported crap coal from Asia to power Huntly, when there is some of
    the best cleanest coal just down the road . That's why it was built there.

But our lip service " green " virtue signaling govt has banned its use. How could they possibly " save the planet " when they are completely off it most of the time.
    How the hell is our infrastructure going to cope with hundreds of thousands of extra KwH being pumped into cars continuously.
    End of off topic rant , sorry.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    We are being continually force fed an insidious party line of complete bullshit about an EVs environmental impacts that has no basis in actual reality.
    Apart from the huge impact of the millions of tons of mined rare earth metals needed to actually make the batteries ( just another finite resource ) , and some of the dirtyest manufacturing processes of any current industry ,
    the vast majority of EVs power consumed around the world, is supplied via coal and or gas.

Here in NZ the situation is even stupider , we cant keep up the current grid supply ( minimal EV usage ) without spending millions of overseas funds on imported crap coal from Asia to power Huntly, when there is some of

But our lip service " green " virtue signaling govt has banned its use. How could they possibly " save the planet " when they are completely off it most of the time.
    How the hell is our infrastructure going to cope with hundreds of thousands of extra KwH being pumped into cars continuously.
    Tell that to the MX crowd. This new Stark Varg MX bike is supposed to be the berries, according to many MX threads. Never mind that they will all need to take petrol generators to keep them running for an event. But its what customers think they want now, whatever the reason. I dont know but I would have thought you would be better off just putting the petrol straight into your bike? More efficent? I get a little sick of the hype and bullshit.
    Google the Jetson 1, same advertising crap, and people belive it. ??? $95,000.00 USD and it wont even fly with me in it. Very limited range and unlike an autogyro / helicopter, in the event of power failure, your fucked.

Dont get me wrong, Im not against "green" technolagy....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210729_133521.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	687.8 KB 
ID:	351360  

Bike
    RZ350, TZR250 3XV, TZR250 3MA, TZR125

So here in Germany it is quite simple: the politicians tell us that we have to build up solar cells on our houses and need to feed our cars with that power. For me it is still not yet clear how that shall be done in a 1 mio people city with that limited space...
    And a friend of mine is not allowed to put his potential new hybrid car in the garage in the basement, as they are affraid of getting a fire what will burn down a 140 family department house... The politicans say, he shall use the public transportation!
    OK, may be I'm influenced on that discussion because I work in the automotive industry for combustion engines, but I think it would be better to use the green fuel setup.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by 41juergen View Post
    OK, may be I'm influenced on that discussion because I work in the automotive industry for combustion engines, but I think it would be better to use the green fuel setup.
    Totaly......

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels Abildgaard View Post
    Neils, I believe (obviously like you) that the piston should not have to bear the weight of the side thrust - that should be taken up by a fully lubricated crosshead, relieving the piston and allowing it to operate with very little lubrication!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    No Neil " the world " doesn't want electric. ..........

Typical, - up here,(Ak.) they are building dozens of 3-4 storey units on all the old quarter acre sites, - nowhere to park cars etc etc and won't be fixed till well after they have built these! (all ass about face!).
    Same with electrification of vehicles, the power supplies soon won't be able to cope and what's the betting they will be offered cheap Nuclear Plants (with plenty of assurances regarding safety) and putting them on these "Shaky Isles" ! - also, they are selling them (EV's) by pointing out just how cheap it is to operate them (that's at today's electricity prices!) - watch electricity prices SOAR!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    Sorry to get this thread even more off topic, but I've had some experience with electric power since 2008. Our 100 mph electric hydro had a lot of batteries to charge. Two big gasoline generators barely supplied enough power to charge the batteries in an hour. Even so it set a 98+ mph kilo record that still stands, but wasn't green in any sense. Ten years later I bought an electric car after 60 years of owning various gas and diesel cars. I bought it for performance, not to save the world. It hasn't been a disappointment. It takes a different way of thinking about how to operate a car. It's more like a smart phone. I need to run on Autopilot most of the time on my commute to avoid becoming friends with the state police. It's still fun to accelerate from 45 to over 90 mph in the length of a semi while passing. Test drive one of the higher performance versions and see what I mean. They aren't gulf carts.

Lohring Miller

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5696.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	768.0 KB 
ID:	351363Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	730.2 KB 
ID:	351364Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4020.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	351365

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    Neils, I believe (obviously like you) that the piston should not have to bear the weight of the side thrust - that should be taken up by a fully lubricated crosshead, relieving the piston and allowing it to operate with very little lubrication!
    Dont need a cross head.
    No doubt, he who makes the most electric power will win, how ever its used, direct to battery or used to make ethanol / synthetic liquid fuel.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/-2AhNvDFNlQ?feature=share

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

Name:	+12Volt Supply Line.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	815.5 KB 
ID:	351367

I recently converted my ignition system to 12Volt total loss. DC power to the Ignitec and temperature gauge.
    And now I have two problems.
    The temperature gauge goes blank after a short while running and the engine has periodic fits of running like a bag of poo.

So I put an oscilloscope across the DC supply lines. In a perfect world it would display a dead flat line but mine has spikes on it when the engine is running.
    There is significant noise on the positive DC supply???

Fitting an 18Volt battery, DC-DC 12Volt converter and 2,200uF capacitor did not help. Nor did just running the 18Volt battery with the capacitor alone and then just the 18Volt battery. Non of this helped.

I did not have this problem when I was running an alternator, 12Volt DC rectifier regulator and capacitor. Which is the standard "push and go" setup.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

Name:	Screenshot (28).jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	351369

2Stroke Stuffing is starting to get enough reliability to be able to start doing un interrupted dyno runs so he can concentrate on tuning adjustments:- https://youtu.be/4Ikt2SIeoic

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Dont need a cross head...........
    How dare you disagree with me! - well, I guess that we won't even need a piston soon! (all compulsory EV remember!)
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TZ400
    Anyone got an RZ350 cylinder lying about I could use to do some measuring for a project.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Not to labour the electric argument, but gotta agree with Lohring re the electric car driving pleasure. Fortunate to be able to charge it at home with solar and it’s generally great.

However, must also agree with many points made here about the stupidity and futility of trying to aggressively force going electric in conjunction with the negative stance on coal, gas and oil production.

What have electric cars and 2 strokes have in common??? NO SUMP..
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Anyone got an RZ350 cylinder lying about I could use to do some measuring for a project.
    Not std, and I couldn't tell you what as I didn't do it. Do want back thou if useful.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1976, Simson S50
    Next week I`m going to make some tests with Nitromethan as fuel. Its 50% Nitro Concentration. Has anybody some good advices?
    All areas wich are passes by fuel need to be bigger to match the new AFR. Ignition needs to be retarded, cause Nitromethan burns faster. The end diameter of the rearcone will be increased an later sized down slowly. What about combustion ratio? On gasolin the engine liked 13,5-13,8:1 most, higher lost power again. By energy round about 50% more power than 102Ultimate should be possible, if I reach 30%+ I`m happy, the 11% on E85 wasn`t enough. Is there a need of another heatrange of the sparkplug or something like that?

Thread Information