Page 2375 of 2375 FirstFirst ... 13751875227523252365237323742375
Results 35,611 to 35,614 of 35614

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Moped
    Hi we use powerjet to cool the piston when you get off throttle/overrev. (I have with duty cycle) then we use reduced number of sparks at high revs with closed throttle.think it is called TCT
    this has been shown to create an combustion in exhaust that so far has not shown any downsides except that I was lazy when I did stinger reductions and made some in aluminum which I have done many times before. This does not work with this setup
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Question Muhr: I've never exerted that level of control over pj, but on closed throttle would be great. If it would flow. So wouldn't you have to have a pj tube at the bottom of the carb where the closed slide didn't obscure it? Can you measure effect with egt on closed with and without? Would have thought that would be a bit murky?

My egt setup 15 years ago was terrible and I abandoned it without learning anything and angry how expensive it was..

Did someone say ktm had played with suplimentary injector to do this in case or did I dream that?
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

Bike
    TZ400
    F5 , IMHO its impossible to tune a 2T to the edge , consistantly , without having the best power EGT from the dyno and then be able to
    replicate that on the track , in changing weather.
    KTM had an injector in the intake , that supplied fuel on the overun. They had trouble early on with riders who insisted on crashing down 4 gears , then dropping the clutch so the revs instantly shot past 15,000.
    The injector could add fuel/oil in this case - a carb cant.
    Funny I seem to have heard that scenario about the Aprilia breaking the rear RV drive shaft for the same reason.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha fino
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    F5 , IMHO its impossible to tune a 2T to the edge , consistantly , without having the best power EGT from the dyno and then be able to
    replicate that on the track , in changing weather.
    KTM had an injector in the intake , that supplied fuel on the overun. They had trouble early on with riders who insisted on crashing down 4 gears , then dropping the clutch so the revs instantly shot past 15,000.
    The injector could add fuel/oil in this case - a carb cant.
    Funny I seem to have heard that scenario about the Aprilia breaking the rear RV drive shaft for the same reason.
    The revs shot past 17000......
    And one rider I particularly dislike did a complete lap at Imola with a 250:
    With one broken conrod! cutting the engine nearly in 2 pieces!!!
    Also destroyed the gearbox
    He should have been hanged.....

Thread Information