Page 2193 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1193169320932143218321912192219321942195220322432293 ... LastLast
Results 32,881 to 32,895 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jamathi View Post
    Nothing new.
    A description with scientific words about copying a Honda cylinder.....

The reality is that the university of Valencia NEVER contributed ANYTHING to engine development.

I thought the copy was from yamaha (by the exhaust valve)
    It is not from the University of Valencia, it is from the University of Barcelona (greater connection with the factory because it is from the same city)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Derbi tesis GP125 valvula escape.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	343448  

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

Interesting bit of chat with the developer of the first successful TPi fuel injected two stroke:- https://www.drd.co.nz/2-stroke-tpi-conspiracy-theory/

This is the earliest reference that I could find to the original fuel injected Kawasaki BigHorn:- http://www.twostrokemotocross.com/fo...&topic=4884.15

A successful fuel injected YZ250 in 2012 and a VMX Kawasaki two stroke. They sure pre date KTM.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    It is not from the University of Valencia, it is from the University of Barcelona (greater connection with the factory because it is from the same city)
    Really?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tesis Doctoral VDJiménezInPress_Version3.png 
Views:	240 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	343451

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Really?

Name:	Tesis Doctoral VDJiménezInPress_Version3.png 
Views:	240 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	343451
    They are two studies:
    The one you indicate, the first one, is from Valencia and is CFD in an aprilia cylinder.
    The one that indicated, is from Barcelona and is FEM of a derbi cylinder, and was made in the middle of the competition season to improve the union with the cylinder head.

https://upcommons.upc.edu/handle/2099.1/2737

Bike
    variety
    for anyone thats cut in boyesen ports on the yami twin. do you bother welding on any reinforcement to the rear outboard cyl ear to prevent cracking ? or its not a concearn ? maybe i should have reinforced that ear when doing all the other welding but i over looked it. now the final machining is done on the top and bottom decks, gasket thickness and cyl height position is sorted out. . even with bolting the cyl to a heat sink im not confident i could weld any reinforcement and not end up with alittle bottom deck distortion. part of me says go for it and it will be fine

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Maybe someone can give some pointers cause I'm an electrical analfabet. in this Motoplat ignition where is the cdi, does it have a curve? Can I use this coil/cdi with a pick up rotor? Lastly will it work to rotate a pick up ignition the opposite way?

Name:	husq tä.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	343461  

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    They are two studies:
    The one you indicate, the first one, is from Valencia and is CFD in an aprilia cylinder.
    The one that indicated, is from Barcelona and is FEM of a derbi cylinder, and was made in the middle of the competition season to improve the union with the cylinder head.

https://upcommons.upc.edu/handle/2099.1/2737
    PhD Thesis (Valencia)
    Is there an english version, too?

Bike
    TZ400
    Motoplat ignitions are a nightmare to sort out.
    All the early versions were straight line , but later they built in an analogue curve like PVL do by varying the source coil winding number.
    The actual CDI is in the stator plate , unlike a PVL where its in the coil.
    They have an arrow on the stator and only run one direction.
    The coil/stator are a matched pair , for the straight line or retard stator.
    I did have the serial numbers that identified a retard curve setup years ago, but sorry long gone.
    Easy to distinguish though , as only two were made ,dead straight line and a retard curve - so can be strobed .
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Many thank Wobbly.

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    Here in eastern eu, back in the day (pre 1989) many ppl did swap motoplats to their racers and they can be run both sides (did that few years ago with two engines), You just need to time the ignition using strobe light . And the "cdi module " is in coil . Some ppl nowadays used coils with cdi from scooters (as spare part since finding original was hard) and it did worked , although there are differences in cdi schematics comparing motoplat and "ordinary cdi's" (thyristor is reversed the cathode is on current/voltage supply side ).
    Coil inside photo.

Name:	motoplat.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	343470

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post

Interesting bit of chat with the developer of the first successful TPi fuel injected two stroke:- https://www.drd.co.nz/2-stroke-tpi-conspiracy-theory/

This is the earliest reference that I could find to the original fuel injected Kawasaki BigHorn:- http://www.twostrokemotocross.com/fo...&topic=4884.15

A successful fuel injected YZ250 in 2012 and a VMX Kawasaki two stroke. They sure pre date KTM.
    ive just been surfing the net and it seems theirs a lot of 2 strokes making a come back with euro4 compliant engines.. inspired by the excellent development of fuel injection by you know who back in 2012....

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Quote Originally Posted by Muciek View Post
    Here in eastern eu, back in the day (pre 1989) many ppl did swap motoplats to their racers and they can be run both sides (did that few years ago with two engines), You just need to time the ignition using strobe light . And the "cdi module " is in coil . Some ppl nowadays used coils with cdi from scooters (as spare part since finding original was hard) and it did worked , although there are differences in cdi schematics comparing motoplat and "ordinary cdi's" (thyristor is reversed the cathode is on current/voltage supply side ).
    Coil inside photo.

Name:	motoplat.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	343470
    Haha, you had me lost at "the thyristor is reversed". well the plan was to buy a swedish made SEM rotor/stator (outer) that has a light source, and I believe will fit my engine physically, then use my spark coil wich is -91. You think it will be worth a try? The coil looks like the one I posted so it might not be the same.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    ive just been surfing the net and it seems theirs a lot of 2 strokes making a come back with euro4 compliant engines.. inspired by the excellent development of fuel injection by you know who back in 2012....
    Yes, GasGas are next.

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    Haha, you had me lost at "the thyristor is reversed". well the plan was to buy a swedish made SEM rotor/stator (outer) that has a light source, and I believe will fit my engine physically, then use my spark coil wich is -91. You think it will be worth a try? The coil looks like the one I posted so it might not be the same.
    I think it should work , the foto I posted is the same as yours, just different lighting on photo. If You have any questions about cdi You can pm me , will try to help with it.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    Many thank Wobbly.
    pretty sure bells book shows the curve of the motoplat from a Rotax.
    The look cool on a kawa three

Name:	124 rotax.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	343471  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information