Page 2636 of 2642 FirstFirst ... 1636213625362586262626342635263626372638 ... LastLast
Results 39,526 to 39,540 of 39624

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

  1. #39526
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    20,711
    Blog Entries
    2
    Best check if CDI-2 and Race version if going that way.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

  2. #39527
    Join Date
    20th June 2020 - 07:10
    Bike
    ETEC 800
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    153
    TZ, you are running it total loss I assume? How long does a battery last you? I am setting mine up tomorrow and have not been able to decide if I want a charging system.

  3. #39528
    Join Date
    18th May 2007 - 20:23
    Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10,483
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Best check if CDI-2 and Race version if going that way.
    Yes, pay to check.

    Quote Originally Posted by Condyn View Post
    TZ, you are running it total loss I assume? How long does a battery last you? I am setting mine up tomorrow and have not been able to decide if I want a charging system.
    Our preference is a 12V charging stator/rotor, 12V rectifier/regulator and capacitor (no battery) for a push and go system.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ryobi Battery.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	798.1 KB 
ID:	354768

    Total loss, the 5 Amp hour battery lasts me the whole day.

    Some times a charging system is not possible or practicable so we run total loss. As an experiment I connected the 18Volt 5 amp hour Ryobi battery to the car heater electric water pump that we use on our bikes. It pumped water for two hours before I got bored and went to lunch. With the 18V battery I had to use a 24V temperature gauge. The gauge switches the pump on/off and is very good at keeping the coolant temperature at its pre set target value of 45 deg C. 40 made the most power but 50 carburetted much better. So 45-48 it is. With these cheep Chinese switchable temperature gauges we found we can keep the coolant temperature in a very tight range.

  4. #39529
    Join Date
    20th June 2020 - 07:10
    Bike
    ETEC 800
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    153
    Thank you for the great info!

  5. #39530
    Join Date
    8th February 2007 - 20:42
    Bike
    TZ400
    Location
    tAURANGA
    Posts
    3,944
    TeeZee , when using a high voltage total loss supply, you used a 24V temp controller that is readily available - what effect does this have on the electric pump.
    And secondarily what is that pump commonly used on , so I can get one.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

  6. #39531
    Join Date
    18th March 2004 - 17:38
    Bike
    1971 suzuki T350R,1980 suzuki GSX1100
    Location
    the best island
    Posts
    500
    TZ350, did you ever get that straight cut primary gear conversion done on your GP125?
    Compare Pornography now to 50 years ago.
    Then extrapolate 50 years into the future.
    . . . That shit's Nasty.

  7. #39532
    Join Date
    18th May 2007 - 20:23
    Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10,483
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel pig View Post
    TZ350, did you ever get that straight cut primary gear conversion done on your GP125?
    Yes, but no measurable power gain at the back wheel. Well not any I could measure with the dyno. Total disappointment.

  8. #39533
    Join Date
    18th May 2007 - 20:23
    Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10,483
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    TeeZee , when using a high voltage total loss supply, you used a 24V temp controller that is readily available - what effect does this have on the electric pump.
    And secondarily what is that pump commonly used on , so I can get one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tem Gauge with 10A Relay.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	539.8 KB 
ID:	354771

    The temperature gauge comes in three flavors 12V, 24V and 230V all with a 10A relay. We usually use the 12V version but with the 18V battery I found I needed the 24V one.

    On 18V the 12V temperature gauge would work every time until the motor started then the gauge would switch itself off !!@#$$%????. Started again after I switched the motor off.

    The relay switches out whatever the input voltage is. So 18V in on the red wire and you get 18V out on the yellow wire. Both black wires are common earth.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Water Pump.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	561.7 KB 
ID:	354770

    Universal water pump. All from Aliexpress. Delivery is usually quite quick 2-3 weeks. Also you can setup on Aliexpress a Chinese version of Paypal.

    The 12V water pump seems to handle the 18V Ok. Anyway I have used it running 18V at several race meetings now. Our other bikes use these pumps too but on 12V.

    There are other axillary water pumps that push more water but of course, draw more current too.

  9. #39534
    Join Date
    8th February 2007 - 20:42
    Bike
    TZ400
    Location
    tAURANGA
    Posts
    3,944
    Cool , thankyou , you have a bench power supply, could you apply 15.6V to a 12V controller and see if it shuts down please.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

  10. #39535
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    11,883
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Yes, but no measurable power gain at the back wheel. Well not any I could measure with the dyno. Total disappointment.
    I am guessing you could not float the main bearing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .




    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  11. #39536
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    20,711
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Yes, but no measurable power gain at the back wheel. Well not any I could measure with the dyno. Total disappointment.
    I tried on RG50. No dyno difference back to back.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

  12. #39537
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    20,711
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tem Gauge with 10A Relay.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	539.8 KB 
ID:	354771

    The temperature gauge comes in three flavors 12V, 24V and 230V all with a 10A relay. We usually use the 12V version but with the 18V battery I found I needed the 24V one.

    On 18V the 12V temperature gauge would work every time until the motor started then the gauge would switch itself off !!@#$$%????. Started again after I switched the motor off.

    The relay switches out whatever the input voltage is. So 18V in on the red wire and you get 18V out on the yellow wire. Both black wires are common earth.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Water Pump.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	561.7 KB 
ID:	354770

    Universal water pump. All from Aliexpress. Delivery is usually quite quick 2-3 weeks. Also you can setup on Aliexpress a Chinese version of Paypal.

    The 12V water pump seems to handle the 18V Ok. Anyway I have used it running 18V at several race meetings now. Our other bikes use these pumps too but on 12V.

    There are other axillary water pumps that push more water but of course, draw more current too.
    If you put a scope on the powerail you probably would witness the power rail being shaken up and down enough to cause issues and a reset but too fast to show on a meter.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

  13. #39538
    Join Date
    8th February 2007 - 20:42
    Bike
    TZ400
    Location
    tAURANGA
    Posts
    3,944
    Just of interest if I upload the 3XV head cover model to Craftcloud 3D, the price delivered for two is around 380 USD. This cost the same amount here in NZD to be done in a CNC mill. I could reduce the material volume by about 25% as it was optimized / simplified for CNC , where it costs more to remove more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3XV Head Cover.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	765.8 KB 
ID:	354772  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

  14. #39539
    Join Date
    13th April 2022 - 19:08
    Bike
    None
    Location
    Florence, Italy
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Just of interest if I upload the 3XV head cover model to Craftcloud 3D, the price delivered for two is around 380 USD. This cost the same amount here in NZD to be done in a CNC mill. I could reduce the material volume by about 25% as it was optimized / simplified for CNC , where it costs more to remove more.
    looks nasty wob, but isn't it always cheaper and better from a thickness/weight perspective to cast head covers since they're not too complex shapes?

  15. #39540
    Join Date
    8th February 2007 - 20:42
    Bike
    TZ400
    Location
    tAURANGA
    Posts
    3,944
    If I optimized the shape to be laser sintered ( minimized material volume ), I think that using 3D printed core/mold generation and casting - followed by subsequent CNC finish machining would be an interesting call.
    The cost of CNC for a small part like this would probably be 50/50 CAM and setup Vs machine time, so maybe more cost effective if doing alot more than just 2 prototypes.
    But as it stands it has minimal material removed as machine time is expensive in multi axis CNC.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 13 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 13 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •