Page 2225 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1225172521252175221522232224222522262227223522752325 ... LastLast
Results 33,361 to 33,375 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    Yes , two of the channels are inline longitudinally , bottom to top on the angled cylinder , the other two are offset to line up with the rotated water exit.
    The blind holes are offset outward slightly so as to maintain the stock insert step that keeps water away from the chamber area.
    Note also that the top of the step is recessed slightly , to give an air gap for even more heat path insulation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1 Insert Blank Section.JPG 
Views:	649 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	344303  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    So? A cast iron insert in the combustion chamber, only?

Or, why bother with a head anyway, just extra rubbish to cool.

Name:	USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_media_upload2_1537753005001.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	344305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_media_upload1_1537753052633.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	344304  

Bike
    1000 Promod Drag Sled
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Yes , two of the channels are inline longitudinally , bottom to top on the angled cylinder , the other two are offset to line up with the rotated water exit.
    The blind holes are offset outward slightly so as to maintain the stock insert step that keeps water away from the chamber area.
    Note also that the top of the step is recessed slightly , to give an air gap for even more heat path insulation.

Am I correct in thinking the coolant flow path is through the crankcase then entering the cylinder to one side and above the exhaust port and then out through the head? Is the coolant directed around the exhaust duct in any way or is there just a pool of coolant around the whole duct? Asking because I wonder if the coolant below the exhaust duct actually circulates much or is a stagnant pool. I can see from Googled images that the flow through the head cover and insert is biased to flow from the intake side to the exhaust side by the inlets in the cover and then out. I cannot find a cutaway view to tell if any coolant flows over the combustion chamber in a stock setup or if it only flows around the outer diameter of the bore in the head cover.

Bike
    TZ400
    The water below the exhaust duct stops being stagnant if you drill two 3.5mm holes thru the case and thru the dimple recesses in the cylinder on an R1.
    In the C model ( and older ) drill the holes thru the alloy blanking plugs in the case , and knock them out of the cylinder.
    This way a small amount of water is directed out from under the duct - helping to cool it.
    But nowhere near as much as it was done originally with all the water coming out of the case - up under the duct ( where it then became hot ) and overheated the transfers.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    89 KX500

Head Cooling

Is the notion of running coolant close to the sparkplug threads no longer the prefered design?

Bike
    RC51
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wiechman View Post
    Is the notion of running coolant close to the sparkplug threads no longer the prefered design?
    Wobbly - Thanks again for sharing from the bag of tricks! I logged in to ask a question about the insert, but low and behold, I get to the bottom and Larry already asked it. I'm curious about cooling the plug as well.

Bike
    TZ400
    I spent ages trying different methods to get water into the squishband area , without cooling the chamber as well.
    This proved hard enough , but trying to do that as well as cooling the thread area , proved impossible to do efficiently without cooling the back side of the chamber as well.
    Even with the large mass of alloy around the threads , the straight line ignition creates deto in the squishband , well before the plug body overheats and blows a hole thru the piston.
    So in this application ( KZ ) the head makes more power , keeping water away completely from around the rear chamber area.
    In other very high bmep engines with "proper " ignitions overheating the plug body does seem to be the limiting factor and these certainly benefit from thread cooling.

Bike
    1988 cagiva freccia
    Blog Entries
    Hello,

For a project I face a lack of space

is an asymmetry of transfers really harmful ?

Picture for example

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    I spent ages trying different methods to get water into the squishband area , without cooling the chamber as well.
    This proved hard enough , but trying to do that as well as cooling the thread area , proved impossible to do efficiently without cooling the back side of the chamber as well.
    Even with the large mass of alloy around the threads , the straight line ignition creates deto in the squishband , well before the plug body overheats and blows a hole thru the piston.
    So in this application ( KZ ) the head makes more power , keeping water away completely from around the rear chamber area.
    In other very high bmep engines with "proper " ignitions overheating the plug body does seem to be the limiting factor and these certainly benefit from thread cooling.
    Could you use the insulating paint to control the areas exposed to the coolant it will not stop conduction through the aluminium but it might help, Almost like your ceramic coating of the chamber only more easy to do in the inner head cover?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wiechman View Post
    little fins around the root of the sparkplug, all water must pass this route.

Name:	20180925_182311.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	258.7 KB 
ID:	344334  

Bike
    1988 cagiva freccia
    Blog Entries
    You know ?

Selachii 2 stroke carburetor. This obscure piece of 2 stroke history you have never heard of was invented in Vancouver Canada. It doesnt have a float bowl and the entire carb is made from plastic. Manufacturing started in 1978 and it uses a proprietary GE plastic called Valox 420. It has no jets and about 18 parts and that's including the screws that hold it together. One plastic needle inside the emulsion tube is the only thing that adjusts fuel. The slides are on a gear rack and open simultaneously

Bike
    BMW R1200R 2009
    Selachii : https://davestestsandarticles.weebly...arburetors.pdf

The Selachii company was discontinued in 1983

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    That design might be perfect for small (26 cc) engines. It would flow better than the Walbro butterfly and barrel carbs. I could 3D print one.

Lohring

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1962 View Post
    Selachii : https://davestestsandarticles.weebly...arburetors.pdf

The Selachii company was discontinued in 1983
    Very little on the net i have seen thus far just the pics and the PDF
    Plus the patents
    https://patents.google.com/patent/CA1063454A/en

it seems work as a Gardner Lectron Possi Lake etc in that it works of a needle and taper and shape has no float bowl like a lake injetor so will need a vacuum tap or a good memory to turn off the fuel.
    but the venturi and bore opens on both sides this seems pretty cool.

Edit Although in this design it appears the needle runs inside an atomizing tube all the time? not sure why this is needed?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Selachii carb.JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	344384

If looks could win races they would do alright
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1980 Suzuki Gs1100E
    Looks like a combination of the lectron carb and the MJN carb that yoshimura came out with.

Thread Information