Page 2186 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1186168620862136217621842185218621872188219622362286 ... LastLast
Results 32,776 to 32,790 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    First up, sorry for it being sooo long since my last post.
    My YouTube channel kinda blew up and I'm having a hard time keeping up with just the mails, messages etc.
    I know there's a few pm's I haven't gotten to here also.

With my limited experience in diy plating most epoxies, suitable for cylinder work or not, would survive a strip+replate pretty well.

Anyways.
    Currently at the airport in Denver Colorado, on my way back from my first attempt at racing at Bonneville Speedway(event got canceled, rain)
    We had a great time regardless, and now I have time to build a proper engine with my 100% width exhaust port cylinder on it.
    Going to run on nitromethanol, efi, throttle slide part of the rotary valve cover.
    Variator transmission electronically controlled.
    Need to read up on the do's and don'ts with fuel injection.
    what a shame "rain stopped play", seems like you were having to rush with the build i thought, but with a longer period to build again i would have more confidence that you could come away with something...

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Mmmmm, throttle slide on the RV housing, EFI, good choices.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350

reed valve sizing

Want your advice.
    Is there any recomendations or simplified calculator to design reed valve and its housing size?
    Says what best to use for big bore Yamaha YZ85?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiplane View Post
    Want your advice.
    Is there any recomendations or simplified calculator to design reed valve and its housing size?
    A cadge designed for a RZ350 is bigger area with same bolt holes.
    But YZ85 cadges are rather nice. They are also not ribbed for your pleasure
    the engmod sim likely allows you do trial reed valves. People use the YZ85 reed valves on RD400's
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Want your advice.
    Rd 125 lc fits with aminimum of work, tzr 125 require more grinding. Yz 85 reeds ought to stay in their itty bitty engines.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    As we speak..
    Pipe is in progress.
    Since my crankfailure i have modified some things.
    I turned the cylinder 180 degrees just to open up some possibilities, easier pipe build, and easier forcing air from the front to an airbox i´ll build later, it might help topspeed some mph.

Later on i also plan to convert the engine to rotating disc inlet placed in front above the engine mount, i´ll just make a drivesystem a lot like the RSA from the balanceshaft.
    I will also make the aerodynamics somewhat better when not having the pipe hanging on the side.
    And more protected from airflow will help it keep the heat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bygga.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	428.3 KB 
ID:	343309

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    My YouTube channel kinda blew up and I'm having a hard time keeping up with just the mails, messages etc.

Currently at the airport in Denver Colorado, on my way back from my first attempt at racing at Bonneville Speedway(event got canceled, rain)
    I am sorry rain spoiled play. I have been following your two stroke stuffing thread with interest........ next time. ..

Check out YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Jan, Frits, or anyone else who would know :

Jan once said 1.5mm was the minimum bridge width between transfer ports in the RSA, what would be the safe minimum bridge between exhaust ports ?
    between main and auxiliary
    and
    the bridge in the middle of a double main ? I suppose this has to be even wider than main-aux ?

Bike
    variety
    Want your advice.
    you might contact vannik. with engmod it always tells me the reed block is insufficient, even with vf4. so there must be some calculator. perhaps its how much air the engine needs for a given amount of power

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    Jan, Frits, or anyone else who would know :

Jan once said 1.5mm was the minimum bridge width between transfer ports in the RSA, what would be the safe minimum bridge between exhaust ports ?
    between main and auxiliary
    and
    the bridge in the middle of a double main ? I suppose this has to be even wider than main-aux ?
    3 mm aux-main according to this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22089172_2039284956085490_3979309821631317215_n.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	343315  

Bike
    suzuki

FIM Elvington

I know there's a few pm's I haven't gotten to here also.

With my limited experience in diy plating most epoxies, suitable for cylinder work or not, would survive a strip+replate pretty well.

Anyways.
    We had a great time regardless, and now I have time to build a proper engine with my 100% width exhaust port cylinder on it.
    Going to run on nitromethanol, efi, throttle slide part of the rotary valve cover.
    Variator transmission electronically controlled.
    Need to read up on the do's and don'ts with fuel injection.
    For next year it might be worth looking at the FIM sanctioned event at Elvington in the North of England.

http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/spo...ords-attempts/

This event is held late September every year and has FIM and AMA classes just like Bonneville.

The runway is 3 km long.

These are the FIM records you can enter.

- the quarter mile with a standing start;
    - the quarter mile with a flying start;
    - the 1 kilometer with a standing start;
    - the 1 kilometer with a flying start
    - the 1 mile with a standing start

Bike
    TZ400
    The latest VeeForce 4 for the Banshee fits all the Yamaha variants such as LC , YPVS etc as well as Blaster with the same bolt pattern..
    It has as much area as can be jammed in , flows more than all the previous versions ( not always the case with newer VF versions ) and has an integral stopper plate.
    What you are being told by EngMod about the port and petal curtain areas is simply the dimensions you have entered.
    In many cases bigger does not translate into better power.

An example is the CPI cylinders for the Banshee .One version has reed boxes to fit the 68mm wide CR250 cages , but to fit these in the box is offset 8mm outward - giving
    tons of port area but asymmetric flow into the case.
    Fitting 60mm CR125 reeds back on the cylinder center line with a spacer down the side ,according to the numbers should have made less power.
    But in fact made far more mid range and equal top end.
    Smaller reeds ( especially VeeForce ) simply stay open longer at high rpm, and the increased velocity in the mid makes better power in many cases.
    This setup was modeled very well in EngMod , but the extra power gained by the symmetric inlet could not be factored in.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    now I have time to build a proper engine with my 100% width exhaust port cylinder on it.
    Variator transmission electronically controlled. Need to read up on the do's and don'ts with fuel injection.
    From my experience with two stroke fuel injection. For a high reeving 2T, staged injection into the B ports and Alpha-N mapping (TPS vis RPM) would be the ticket for drag racing and all out speed events on full throttle. Running Alcohol rich sure helps smooth out mixture requirements. But you could run into trouble trying to feather the throttle like you would Road Racing. Due to unstable pipe resonance/air flow at part throttle.

A thread I started about my 2T EFI adventures:- https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...2T-EFI-Project

My pick is that EFI with Alcohol (need proper Alcohol injectors other wise the rust and internal short circuiting will kill the injector) and Nitro is eminently doable and EFI is much easier to get right for max power at WOT than a carb.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    what a shame "rain stopped play", seems like you were having to rush with the build i thought, but with a longer period to build again i would have more confidence that you could come away with something...
    Yep, was a bummer. Had a great time regardless though.
    Absolutely, was really pressed for time this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Mmmmm, throttle slide on the RV housing, EFI, good choices.
    Wonder where I got the idea from...

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_v View Post
    For next year it might be worth looking at the FIM sanctioned event at Elvington in the North of England.

http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/spo...ords-attempts/

This event is held late September every year and has FIM and AMA classes just like Bonneville.

The runway is 3 km long.

These are the FIM records you can enter.

- the quarter mile with a standing start;
    - the quarter mile with a flying start;
    - the 1 kilometer with a standing start;
    - the 1 kilometer with a flying start
    - the 1 mile with a standing start
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    From my experience with two stroke fuel injection. For a high reeving 2T, staged injection into the B ports and Alpha-N mapping (TPS vis RPM) would be the ticket for drag racing and all out speed events on full throttle. Running Alcohol rich sure helps smooth out mixture requirements. But you could run into trouble trying to feather the throttle like you would Road Racing. Due to unstable pipe resonance/air flow at part throttle.

A thread I started about my 2T EFI adventures:- https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...2T-EFI-Project

My pick is that EFI with Alcohol (need proper Alcohol injectors other wise the rust and internal short circuiting will kill the injector) and Nitro is eminently doable and EFI is much easier to get right for max power at WOT than a carb.
    Thanks, been reading up.
    My variator setup should make things even "easier" as I only need to
    worry about one rpm point at a pretty much constant load.

Question, is there a 16krpm hard limit in the ecotron efi unit?
    Someone sent me a complete kit a few years ago.
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    My variator setup should make things even "easier" as I only need to
    worry about one rpm point at a pretty much constant load.
    a bit simplistic no ?

clutch engages and vario does noting until you reach the rpm of max torque
    vario goes open and keeps the engine at rpm of max torque until the vario is at the end of it's range
    then the rpm rises again to max power rpm.

a very small power-band will cost you a lot of speed. or a lot of clutches

Thread Information