Page 1984 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 9841484188419341974198219831984198519861994203420842484 ... LastLast
Results 29,746 to 29,760 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350

Optimization

Quote Originally Posted by Muhr View Post
    Is that something you use? I have something similar
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lyTULzvHhXw
    Hi Muhr

The software code for optimization of Autodesk and many others is made by Altair.

The other main player in optimization is Ansys.

Each known part can be made lighter using this approach

Bike
    Moped
    48.5g with inserts is what I can handle, would be awesome to test. Where there some tests done with Aprilia?

But i'm a coward, should be able to take 5-8g if you have some balls
    If you try to get away without welding, then you seems lose a lot of weight gain.
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiplane View Post
    Hi Muhr

The software code for optimization of Autodesk and many others is made by Altair.

The other main player in optimization is Ansys.

Each known part can be made lighter using this approach
    Of course, what you wanted is the opportunity to simulate a whole rotation with all oblique loads. but we deadly may have to wait for that opportunity for a while.
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350

SmartEMS

Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    The EMS and tuning software looks good. The plug looks the same as the Ignitec we use but the pin outs are different.

I am interested in your EFI system.

If it can, how does the Aviamechanica deal with this changeable air flow situation below 25% TP in a two stroke engine?
    We used before ecotrons, but had problems with system openess and sometimes it burn out. So we developed our own. We can develop electronics of any level of complexity, if it worth. Says in other my company sharing the same building we make avionics http://uav-siberia.com/en/catalog/avionika/

In our EMS project we decide save on software development. So everything what can be programmed in http://www.tunerstudio.com/index.php/tuner-studio is available. All algorithms and data tables.

The very specific questions should be adressed to our EFI engineer. I will pass your message to him

Ignition part of our system could give you much more tuning options than Ignitech. And using 158 grammes Nissan Denso spark coils give you possibility burn out
    sheet of office paper with spark.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Of course, what you wanted is the opportunity to simulate a whole rotation with all oblique loads. but we deadly may have to wait for that opportunity for a while.
    With Ansys it is already possible. You can give as piston pressure vs angle for each rpm and see stresses picture in each moment. You can google for transient crankshaft analysil in Ansys.

Bike
    Moped
    Awesome i want that.

Bike
    1988, Yamaha RD350 YPVS
    Blog Entries
    Awesome i want that.
    The specs sound good! What is the rough pricing?

I got a question concerning sparkplugs:

I wanted to draw a head for a 50cc engine but the 14mm Sparkplug is very design-restrictive. Has anyone ever tried a smaller thread diameter than 14mm?
    With a smaller plug it would be possible to cool more area of the combustion chamber with water.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ey View Post
    I wanted to draw a head for a 50cc engine but the 14mm Sparkplug is very design-restrictive. Has anyone ever tried a smaller thread diameter than 14mm?
    Emot uses 10 mm plugs on its 50 cc racing sets. KTM uses 10 mm on various MX-models. I intend to use 10 mm plugs wherever possible.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Denso racing spark plug.png 
Views:	216 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	337007 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NGK M10 racing plug.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	337018

Bike
    TZ400
    Rob asked me about the nozzle in the stinger of the GP-NSR 110 that is in the sim.
    Here is the assembly that I use, makes it real easy to change the insert.
    In this case I have drawn the stinger as 25.4 ID - 1.6mm wall tube, with a 23mm ID insert , that is 20 long with a 45*chamfer on the exit.
    This I have tested on the KZ2 engines and seems to work the best.
    You could go to 1.2mm wall stinger tube and test that with a bigger OD insert.
    This would have more effect on the return wave coming back from the muffler,and may make better power.
    A couple of spring hooks and a header spring make the joint flexible and helps prevent weld cracking in this area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Assem1.JPG 
Views:	406 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	337012  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Great, thanks for that Wob.

Bike
    TZ400
    Looking at the spec of that Denso Iridium plug - it does not appear to have a resistor element.
    This will most probably cause issues with noise when using a digital ECU like an Ignitech.
    I have used spiral wound core plug leads with just a resistor cap, and no plug resistance , and this worked with no crashing of the ECU.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350

Ems

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ey View Post
    The specs sound good! What is the rough pricing?
    The SmartEMS light in aluminum milled case start 205 usd
    wire harness with all connectors 68 usd
    5-axis milled throttle body starts 110 usd.
    Remaining sensors possible get from us or from any local shop which sell automotive or ATV components.
    We can prepare complete instalation kit by customer specs.

Bike
    I would love to see more photos of all the bits and pieces available posted here.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I would love to see more photos of all the bits and pieces available posted here.
    Please have a look. At moment we have most of documentation in Russian, but going to translate on English, German and French soon.

40cc model engine

Some components looks rude, but they are more reliable than nice looking parts. We dont tested EFI at higher than 10000 rpm, but dont think it will a problem, espetialy using few nozzles.

Note: O2 sensor can be used in learning mode and disconnected afterwards. If correctly placed survive in 2-strokes for about 150 hours only.

Easiest way to get additional info is push me by e-mail

Valeriy Rutkovskiy
    jbiplane@gmail.com

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiplane View Post
    Please have a look.
    Easiest way to get additional info is push me by e-mail
    Valeriy Rutkovskiy
    jbiplane@gmail.com
    Great looking gear, will be in touch, thanks.

Thread Information