Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Metzeler vs Pirelli vs Michelin

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaka14 View Post
    Actually it surprised me quite a lot, It wasn't too bad, there was the inevitable flat spot towards the end of the tyres life, but nothing excessive - esp. considering lots of 2 up riding. Very happy - hated the stock tyres and loved the Avon Viper I tried afterwards (too expensive and short lived), really the PP was the best of the tyres I had on the 14. On the ZX12 I loved the Storms , but never tried them on 14, they would have been the next test if I'd stayed in NZ. Awesome bikes eh, I really miss mine!!!!
    Cheers for that, yeah I really like my Yamaha's but I think i've found pretty much the ideal bike for me, good all rounder for the road I reckon. Goes good, looks good, sounds good. You have to man handle them in the tight stuff but if the road opens up they're a freakin' rocketship if you so desire.

Bike
    07 Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NZsarge View Post
    Cheers for that, yeah I really like my Yamaha's but I think i've found pretty much the ideal bike for me, good all rounder for the road I reckon. Goes good, looks good, sounds good. You have to man handle them in the tight stuff but if the road opens up they're a freakin' rocketship if you so desire.
    Theyre all of that, for sure, part of experimenting with tyres was to see if that made any significant change to the tight stuff, the PP's made a huge difference, but if your big (I'm 6'3" and was around 120kg) then man handling them in the tight stuff is no problems at all, after moving from a ZX12 (which really did need manhandling) theyre very well behaved. I will probably get another one around April when the snow and ice start to disappear from here.

Did you previously ride an FJ1200?
    Has it ever bothered you that Therapist is The Rapist if you break the word in two? It bothers me, especially when they suggest hypnosis.

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Theyre all of that, for sure, part of experimenting with tyres was to see if that made any significant change to the tight stuff, the PP's made a huge difference, but if your big (I'm 6'3" and was around 120kg) then man handling them in the tight stuff is no problems at all, after moving from a ZX12 (which really did need manhandling) theyre very well behaved. I will probably get another one around April when the snow and ice start to disappear from here.

No I think you're thinking of Sarge, I had a '06 FZ1 Fazer previously and a '02 YZF 1000 Thunderace before that.

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    that was me ... still do plus the mighty T'ace
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    NSR 250 mc21 SP
    Dunlop GPR-Alpha tech 10
    this good tire from consider

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farab View Post
    Is anyone here running a Pilot 2ct front with a Road 2 Rear? I'm thinking of going this way. Thought a stickier 2ct front with a longer lasting Road 2 rear could be a good combo. It seems to be the same profile 2ctfront = 2Road front, so can't see any issues. Will the front still disperse water adequately for the rear?
    I did on my ZZR1100 and it is a good combo.
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Thread Information