A "very" capable chappie gave me some excellent advice on Sunday.

"David," he said, for David is my name, "Every bike and rider combination has strengths and weaknesses. The trick is to identify and strengthen your strengths, while working hard at protecting your weaknesses."

So I went away and thought about that for a bit prior to round three.

In this round I purposely waited a bit till some dude who had been smoking past me on a large, very-fast-on-the-straights, bike, and got on his tail to see if I could spot any weaknesses he may have had where I had 'self-perceived' strengths.

Sure enough. I found two....Sorry, J, Sinfull, Frosty. Can't tell ya cos you're big enough problems without helping you.:--))....and managed to exploit them several times.

And, just for drill, on the drive home, and before my van karked it, twice, the words of another little birdie popped into my thinking.

"Oh yes, " I thought. "That's maybe the way to at least attenuate the major weakness I have, which is a strength all three of you have."

But in order to attain what I believe I can attain as regards attenuating my significant weakness, a bit of bike surgery will be required, plus a fairly solid amount of practice on a technique which the birdie whispered.

Both parts of the plan are well in hand.

Hell's teeth! If I get this combo going properly I may even see a bit of Biggles' bum after the start. :--))

The major prob I see....just to give you blighters a hint....is that the finish at Manfield is where it is.....Dontcha just love a good enigma?:--))