Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 24-hour fuel stations

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    What about Taumarunui? I assume there would not be a 24hr stn but is there an after hours eftpos pump there?
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan

24-hour fuel stations

@ awa355, The new BP down the bottom end of town (next to Mick D's) was 24/7 when it first opened some years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Don't be put off by using those unattended roadside credit card only pumps, the one here is always 5-6c per liter cheaper than any service station we would use. Granted no a huge saving but they are 24 hours.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Those 24 hr roadside stations can be a sight for sore eyes, esp when you don't know how far it is to the next town and your on empty in the middle of nowhere (left the petrol station haven of Mangakino)
    No map, no idea of whats ahead or how far.
    Corner 3 Waipapa Rd, SH 30/ Whakamaru Rd - met up with a nice local who informed me of a mbike tourist killed on a BMW earlier just down the road to Benneydale- suggested that I was careful - in the shady areas
    -38.390586, 175.759678 - its fully automated
    I said yeah ok thanks (no idea of where Benneydale was at that time) Funnily enough came back that way the next day through Benneydale and found the station again - connected the dots in my mind.

However, I like to support local communities, Had I known how far it is to Whakamaru AND there was a petrol station there I would have waited - experience I guess.

PS - I can recommend Kaahu Rd, behind Whakamaru as a nice gentle way of getting to Taupo via Poihipi Rd

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Don't be put off by using those unattended roadside credit card only pumps ...
    When you are unsure as to where your next fuel stop will be ... gas in the tank is always good insurance ... regardless of the price.

Hindsight is never the best way to screw your mind ... but many still will.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    I now take a little bit of mbike type oil - just in case (yeah I did need it but I had it with me ). Those 24 hr stations don't stock it.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    What about Taumarunui? I assume there would not be a 24hr stn but is there an after hours eftpos pump there?
    http://www.bp.com/en_nz/new-zealand/...FRWUvQodlbQC4Q I was going to check it out this weekend but the weather forecast said rain, rain, rain.

These petrol stations and the web - so much better info than it used to be.
    I remember travelling with the old man in a ute down to wellington from Akl, he had a couple of drums filled with petrol to get there and back, just in case the stations were closed...and they were, back in the day

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    2016 Honda ST1300,86/87 XJ900F,
    I apologise if this has been posted before but a good resource for Petrol Station opening hours is open/close web site

http://open-closed.co.nz/cat/fuel_stations

Bike
    2004 BMW R1200GS

24 Hour Petrol Stations

Hi all,
    Not sure if this is the best place to post this - I do a lot of long distance endurance riding, and I'm always having to plan trips around petrol stations that are open in the middle of the night or early hours of the morning. To help me I have compiled a list of all petrol stations that are open 24 hours where petrol can be purchased with either EFTPOS or Credit Card. Some of these are 'pay at pump' unmanned stations. Some of them only sell 91 octane.

It's presented as a Google Map and can be found here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1SS-SPnGdTsTRKOTVcaGu-U5NfF0&hl=en

If you find any mistakes please let me know, via this post on my website: http://www.thinman.co.nz/24-hour-petrol-stations/

Cheers
    Skinny

Thread Information