Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 24-hour fuel stations

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Great thread, this list needs to be a sticky.
    what about a seperate list of the non 24hr stations in smaller towns, an their opening hrs if known, for those who may not have the range, and its always good to support the small guy.

Quote Originally Posted by kevfromcoro View Post
    just a quick note
    came past there yesterday
    and the gas station was closed.... the castle was too
    this was about 1 pm.
    dont think it is 24/7 anymore
    new bypass has opened ..and there was no trafic
    Its never open ? ?

But you can still buy fuel from there...24/7 Eftpos or Visa..

Crazy Steve..

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nosebleed View Post
    Mobil - Mercer(?) 90% sure, someone will need to verify
    Accordingly, I haven't added it yet. I will once someone can confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrostt500 View Post
    Great thread, this list needs to be a sticky.
    what about a seperate list of the non 24hr stations in smaller towns, an their opening hrs if known, for those who may not have the range, and its always good to support the small guy.
    I plan to eventually have the entire list of all 24/7 stations in an excel sheet, but the companies are unable to provide a list of only 24/7, so its not a case of merging a few sheets. (I'll probably have to work backwards, have all stations country wide, and remove those that aren't 24/7)

Ultimately, I see a sheet with brand, address, city, country wide, but for the moment, a shortlist of centres/towns is better than nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by nosebleed View Post
    Mobil - Mercer(?) 90% sure, someone will need to verify

Verified

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    R100GSPD
    not all of us have gps or even local knowledge!.Can we note which ones are on the main road through town?Awesome idea.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    not all of us have gps or even local knowledge!.Can we note which ones are on the main road through town?Awesome idea.
    How do you survive!! Eventually I hope to also add exact addresses for every location. At the moment, it is being added as it is provided (or I have free time, and I look them up).
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    ZZR1100 D7
    In Gisborne you can add the Caltex on Gladstone Road. The main road through town.

Locals may know better but the Shell Burger King and BP 2Go Kaiti are open very late and the BP does 98. The pump jockey at BP Kaiti said they were going 24hr after their refit but it will need confirming.

Hawkes Bay has the good ol' BP Express Service Station at Bayview.

It may be worth noting that some smaller towns used to run a roster system whan at least one petrol station was open at a particular time. Wairoa was like that years ago.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxB View Post
    It may be worth noting that some smaller towns used to run a roster system whan at least one petrol station was open at a particular time. Wairoa was like that years ago.
    gyah, that would do my head in (and anyone trying to use the info) trying to read/put in that kind of stuff.

Btw, whats Wairoa now, its not on the list

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Success!!

Further success tonight. Despite most companies coming back saying they don't have details on 24/7 status, I have found some of the companies list it under advanced details, so it is possible to gain a lot this way (and soooo fun bringing up each one and pulling the details from it).

So far, I have put in Caltex, GAS, Gull, with Shell to come. The xls file is attached to the first post. Feel free to check it and give me any feedback, as I have my suspicions (eg, I could have sworn the Gull in Tairua was closed on Thurs in the early hours).

With the companies unable to provide info, its going to be real fun continually keeping this knowledge up to date, and the first post will have the latest file.

I'll continue to keep tracking stations in two ways at the moment, while the spreadsheet is not complete, and then switch to the spreadsheet once it has all companies.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    How do you survive!! .
    have a bike capable of 300 km range in normal circumsatnaces.....stick to the main roads late at night until you have sussed out the the petrol station at whykickamoocow IS actualy open at 2 am.....this of course requires some preplanning and detouring bu that half the fun....I once ran my k100rs on fumes between napier and onga onga because i expected a station to be open on late sunday afternoon.......it wasnt.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Murchison has a 24hr eftpos pump.

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    dunedin bp andersons bay road
    91 , 98 , lpg , diesel ,
    cash credit eftpos
    wild bean cafe

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    F800GS
    Shell, Motueka 24/7
    High st Mot

If you don't see it you must be asleep and probly shouldn't be riding

I'll check on Takaka at some stage but I'm pretty sure one of them's 24 hr eftpos/card

Bike
    Yamaha TDM
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Steve View Post
    Its never open ? ?

But you can still buy fuel from there...24/7 Eftpos or Visa..

Crazy Steve..
    I take it back , came past to-day , and was open
    gong that way next week.
    will call in and confim.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    How do you survive!! Eventually I hope to also add exact addresses for every location. At the moment, it is being added as it is provided (or I have free time, and I look them up).
    Addresses are shit. Add lat and long, then it's sorted
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Thread Information