Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 24-hour fuel stations

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Sheet has been updated again. Star Marts removed as I realised they were open 24 hours, but didn't sell gas (real useful that). Phone numbers have also been put in for a lot of the Caltex stations now.

Can I get more information for the following towns:
    Waiouru - I have a Shell on SH1, any more places?
    Amberley - whats here?
    Kaikoura - What is the marine one called? Shell West End Motors?
    Invercargill - whats here?
    Murchison - which one is 24 hour eftpos?

Other than that, all those in posts 2 and 3 have been loaded into the spreadsheet.

I have to gripe about the lists the stations provide, and their websites. Its inaccurate, often not enough information (mobil simply doesn't list numbers - hell, waipukurau is even listed under Taranaki).

On the flip side, Caltex contains a fair bit, and you can simply ask for 24 hour, bp, you have to enter a region, but bp spreadsheets are probably the most detailed (except for 24 hour status :slap

edit: 260 stations now listed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    cheers to Gareth123, Caltex Rangiora is apparently no longer 24/7, so its been removed from the list. Updated list attached to post 1.

Anyone else got updates?
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    SOLD. Hey Nick Smith get Fucked!!
    there is about five 24hr stations in chch city itself and on the main road heading south Bp Rolleston too.
    L'arte italiana cammina su due rotelle!

Bike
    Guzzi
    Ya gota be carefull with this. Some only take their own fuel cards. Amberly use to be eftpos but last time I enquired this is not so. There is also a 24 hour at Kaikoura but again this is a Mobile fuel card. Might have changed since.

Best bet is to get each companies 24/7 from an outlet.

Skyyrder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder View Post
    Best bet is to get each companies 24/7 from an outlet.
    You would think it would be a good idea aye?

First, you realise that their lists aren't very accurate (ie, the phone number is wrong for the site - rendering the most extreme form of contact in doubt)

then....

they tell you they don't keep any data on which stations are 24 hour. Even Caltex told me this, but its available on their website if you dig a little. Can find it on Gull, but you have to look through every site (which I did).

*sigh*

Bike
    various

new eftpos

Last time I went through Tekapo they said their 24hr eftpos wasn't going to be around much longer as it wasn't worth it for them to do the upgrade for the new chip cards. Dunno when this happens but it might cause more than a few eftpos outposts to close.

Like the one at Kingston GAS.

Omarama Mobil probably does enough to keep operating.

Queenstown has 24hr servos in case you were wondering. Good pies and coffee.

Wanaka shuts sometime late evening and it's fuelcard only after that.
    Insert witticism.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zooter View Post
    Last time I went through Tekapo they said their 24hr eftpos wasn't going to be around much longer...

Like the one at Kingston GAS.

Omarama Mobil probably does enough to keep operating.

Queenstown has 24hr servos in case you were wondering. Good pies and coffee.

Wanaka shuts sometime late evening and it's fuelcard only after that.
    zooter, if you know more details, can you let me know, as I am also going to be giving www.zenbu.co.nz a copy of the sheet, to update their Points of Interest file, so the list will be useful for those running NZOGPS maps, hence I need to know specifics.

Tekapo is not on my list. GAS, I only have Great South Rd (GAS confirmed it was their only 24hr station) and Lewis Pass, which is eftpos at pump (just loaded into the sheet).

I don't have any stations in Omarama on the list, and I have one 24hr Queenstown station, Shell Queenstown, 846 Frankton Rd.

I am not listing fuel card only stations, as its too specific for many people, and I have limited fields to place information without the sheet being too difficult to use. They need to be manned or eftpos/credit card, as the vast majority of people have that.

The sheet has been updated, in the first post as usual.

Bike
    1996 KLR 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Waiouru - I have a Shell on SH1, any more places?
    Last time I was there in the wee hours, both the servos were shut. Sucked because I was really craving a pie... Will check when I pass through next week.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3L4NS1R View Post
    ... Will check when I pass through next week.
    Thanks, would be most helpful. That area is rather important too, so would be good to know one way or another. Even ask them if need be?

Bike
    1996 KLR 250
    Even ask them if need be?
    Yeah, will have to, because I'm going through there at normal hours this time...

Bike
    Honda FT500, Yamaha WR250R

Hokitika unmanned BP on SH6 eftpos only

Haast unmanned Caltex just off SH6 eftpos and cash only

Both of these places West Coast of the South Island

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Guys, also to Subike about Amberley.

Sheet is updated again...

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Bump...

Does anyone see any issues, or sites I need to add? I'm hoping to finalise it to a reasonable extent, and send a copy of the list to the NZ GPS Project, so all guys using those maps will be able to tell, when searching for fuel...

Thanks guys

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Bump...

Does anyone see any issues, or sites I need to add? I'm hoping to finalise it to a reasonable extent, and send a copy of the list to the NZ GPS Project, so all guys using those maps will be able to tell, when searching for fuel...

Thanks guys
    Send to Zenbu to add to the POI database.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Send to Zenbu to add to the POI database.
    Yep, it will be sent to Zenbu (Sam). Spoken to him a while ago, when I was first compiling the list, and he has no problems with the xls format.

Easier than doing each by hand anyway, I've already done over a hundred other POI edits by hand...

Thread Information