Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 24-hour fuel stations

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries

Arrow 24-hour fuel stations

I was thinking about some of the weirder members on KB (I may or may not be included in this) and got to thinking that it may be extremely handy to have a list of all towns that have 24 hour fuel stops. Some of us (I may or may not be included) ride at odd hours, and having a list handy of towns may save long night walks. The main centres will obviously have a lot, so they need to be on the list, but obviously the real aim is being in the middle of the country and being able to find out your best shot for gas.

Idea is, if you know of a town with a 24 hour fuel stop that isn't on the list, post it up, and I'll update the master list. From there, you're free to print it and/or carry the file on your phone etc. If you are using NZOGPS Maps on your Garmin device, the list is going to be sent to Zenbu, and their list of stations will be updated, so you will be able to search for stations nearby that are 24 hr.

Mods, I think this is the best place to put it, but if this goes according to plan, could we sticky it? Guys, try to keep the thread as clean as poss.

NOTE: It is vital that no guessing is made. You must be certain to the best of your knowledge it is indeed 24 hour.

See this post for latest file: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130458304
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Various
    Te Kuiti fuel stop is Shell Te Kumi at North end of town - this one is important as it's the only fuel stop between Hamilton and New Plymouth if travelling late at night.

I think it is important that where possible we list names and locations (especially in small towns) to make these a more valuable resource, as knowing there is a fuel stop in a particular town and actually finding it could be two different things....

Hamilton has BP Tristram on Tristram Street in town as well as Shell Pukete at the North end of town (amongst others)
    New Plymouth has Shell Waiwakaiho at North end of town (between Bell Block and NP) as well as Mobil, Shell, Caltex & BP stations on the one way system (both directions)

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Warkworth Mobil is 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cs363 View Post
    Te Kuiti fuel stop is Shell Te Kumi at North end of town - this one is important as it's the only fuel stop between Hamilton and New Plymouth if travelling late at night.
    The list will need to be a compromise between simplicity for quick use, and detail if you need a helping hand to locate go-go juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by cs363
    I think it is important that where possible we list names and locations (especially in small towns) to make these a more valuable resource, as knowing there is a fuel stop in a particular town and actually finding it could be two different things....
    Quite true. I am assuming most of us travelling at night are either using GPS or have local knowledge. For those with GPS, it will tell you where gas is, but can't make any decisions based on time and whether they are open (as well as sometimes having ghost stations). Local knowledge... well... that beats any list/gps.

If people would like a more specific location, it is best to provide the street address of it, and I will put it in.

Quote Originally Posted by cs363
    Hamilton has BP Tristram on Tristram Street in town as well as Shell Pukete at the North end of town (amongst others)

New Plymouth has Shell Waiwakaiho at North end of town (between Bell Block and NP) as well as Mobil, Shell, Caltex & BP stations on the one way system (both directions)
    I have split Hamilton into a couple of entries (direction and central) to assist, but don't want too many entries cluttering it up. Realistically, 10-15km in town isn't much compared to 30+km in a dark countryside
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Warkworth Mobil is 24/7
    Thanks
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    wanganui. gull is 24 hours. follow road from south from waverly etc past the duck lake and down the hill and its right over the railway tracks. note: they are prepay after a certain time. not sure what that time is though. very handy cos its essentially on the main road through town... only a very slight detour required if you are desperate.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Picton, Amberly, Timaru, Oamaru, Dunedin, Invercargill
    Time to ride

Bike
    -
    Heh, I know one of the weird members your talking about. He should just tow a small trailer with a hundred litre tanker on the back and various manga memoriabilia to dress up in as he approaches major centres.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Picton, Amberly, Timaru, Oamaru, Dunedin, Invercargill
    Done except Amberly, can you clarify where that is? Wises and Google Maps both think its Amberly Rise in Helensville
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhatsit View Post
    Heh, I know one of the weird members your talking about. He should just tow a small trailer with a hundred litre tanker on the back and various manga memoriabilia to dress up in as he approaches major centres.
    no posting without adding stations!!

Bike
    Yamaha TDM
    Thames...caltex...in the main street ...
    make sure you top up if going up the coast.
    dont think there are any more.

Bike
    1996 KLR 250
    This would be awesome if it was made a sticky... a good reference for planning!

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Amberley is around 30km north of Christchurch.
    Time to ride

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevfromcoro View Post
    Thames...caltex...in the main street ...
    make sure you top up if going up the coast.
    dont think there are any more.
    Thanks, do you know if Waihi or somewhere around there has 24 hour stations? (roughly 200km all the way around, so something around there would be handy)

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Amberley is around 30km north of Christchurch.
    Thanks, was misspelt before, so had to make sure I had the right place.

I've also emailed the big brands, Caltex, Shell, GAS, BP, Mobil, Gull. So far, Shell has got back to me, and provided a list of all their stations and their numbers. Cheers (I am not ringing every single flippin' station)

Caltex opp Castle in Mangatawhiri....State highway 2

Eftpos and Credit card only...24hours..

Crazy Steve..

Bike
    none for now
    The only 24 hour place between picton and christchurch is in Kaikoura and its the marine one on wharf. You can use eftpos on pump. I was lucky to find this when I took the late ferry down south cos theres no way any sportbikes going to make it to christchurch on one tank.

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH
    Shell South Rd Hawera.
    Hello officer put it on my tab

Don't steal the government hates competition.

Thread Information