Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Signals

Bike
    2010, Suzuki DR-Z400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by argada View Post
    What is the universal signal to notify another rider they left the turn signal on?

I was behind another rider for 5 minutes or so, entire time his indicator was blinking away.
    After overtaking him, I figure I'd try to let him know, by emulating some blinking motion with thumb and fingers.

I think he didn't get the message and got offended. (I got a WTF signal back in return.)
    Pull alongside and turn it off for him ?

Bike
    2007 Triumph Speedmaster
    I cant get my head around why manufacturers don't fit the auto blinker off unit as standaed.Ive fitted ;as i do all my bikes; with one at 35 bucks ;every one should fit them for their own safety.

Bike
    2015 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    The last time that the Mrs rode pillion with me she devised a new signal when she wanted me to slow down. Apparently I wasn't taking any notice of the taps on my leg (that used to be the signal) so she reached around and grabbed me old fellas Didn't half get my attention although there was a brief moment there that I thought she might be signalling something else but
    Funny - that used to mean "hurry up and get home - got plans for you" with mine

Bike
    2015 KLR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Zookey View Post
    I cant get my head around why manufacturers don't fit the auto blinker off unit as standaed.Ive fitted ;as i do all my bikes; with one at 35 bucks ;every one should fit them for their own safety.
    Didn't know retro-fit options existed... big up!!!

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Zookey View Post
    Where do you get them for $35?

Sent via tapatalk.
    Last edited by Big Dog; 27th December 2015 at 23:51. Reason: Dyac

Bike
    Several old ones

This is a good idea. I will use this

Quote Originally Posted by Subike View Post
    Most of the signals metioned here make a lot of common sence, yet the only one has had little mention.
    Kick out your right leg to signal the following rider you wish him to pass.
    I feel that this is really good for group riding, as at time you may find yourself at the front end of a pack that wants to ride faster than you.
    I do not enjoy the sensation of another rider sitting on my butt, almost as an intimadation to go faster.
    By kicking my right leg out and forward, I signal him that I want him to pass.
    This could also save a lot of stress for learners who dont want to go as fast but feel expected too because they are in a pack.
    I guess its part of the " ride to the conditions and your ability" saftey margine.
    On a long group ride , I enjoy the excitement of tight corners, but I know my ride is not as nimbile as some around me, so by pulling to the left of the road, kicking out my right foot, I want the rider behind me to pass.
    A very simple easy to read signal, that allows slower or less confident riders to fall of the pace and back into their comfort zone.
    Good one i will use.

Thread Information