Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Manslaughter charge for bloke who killed tagger

Bike
    Yahmama
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    Point one, he wasnt protecting his property anymore he was in pursuit of the offender
    Point two He was in a pursuit for retribution with a lethal weapon
    Point three, afterwards he went home washed the knife, put it under his mattress and went to bed

I got no respect for taggers or scum of the earth, but just because he is a businessman I dont see how the above factors could result in a manslaughter charge, he took a knife to seek revenge and he got it, its murder plain and simple...........what did you say, he had no intent? BS a knife was taken in anger to fight not to cut a cake

All said with limited media knowledge of course.

lock him up, I dont know any reasonable people that cant put a knife into another human, he is not a reasonable person in my view and derserves the full force of the law.

Thats my view
    Yep - that's the way I see it too.

Whatever happenned to tough on crime/harsher sentences etc?

One rule for white businessmen another for everyone else?

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Fuck him, He stabbed a kid to death.

He can burn in hell.

The lesser conviction is disgraceful.

Bike
    rf900
    I have to agree with Quasi here...............once the kid has run off a decent way surely you are no longer protecting your property.

And I have nil tolerance for crims, vandals, taggers, etc and not much sympathy for him because he was out doing dumb stuff.

Its a hard one.........in the heat of the moment fighting to protect your family or property is ok.........but not a long chase

Bike
    2016 GSXS 1000F
    Blog Entries

There was a Jury

I would just like to point out a fact that seems to have been missed. There was a jury that listened to all the evidence presented and then took what seemed to be a long time to arrive at the verdict.

The jury system may not be perfect but I would trust it more than whatever is second best and KB justice.

Bike
    1987 Nifty 50
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisr View Post
    I would just like to point out a fact that seems to have been missed. There was a jury that listened to all the evidence presented and then took what seemed to be a long time to arrive at the verdict.

The jury system may not be perfect but I would trust it more than whatever is second best and KB justice.
    I'd be inclined to agree- all we know is whats in the media/public opinion, which, as Dennis so rightly points out, is definitely not what the jury heard.
    "Not one day that we are here on this earth has been promised to us, so make the most of every day as if it was your last, and every breath ,as if it were the same"

Bike
    2018 Suzuki GSX-R1000
    Quote Originally Posted by DUCATI*HARD View Post
    i caught a tagger once,,,i was sitting outside around 2am and this car pulled right outside our house,,i seen him bob down by my fence and could hear this pisss,pisss,pisss,,,,(the sound of his spray can)i then ran out yelling,,,you little fucker,,,your gonna get it!!!as he realises hes just been sprung,he runs to his car and trys to take off,,,i then jump on his bonnet and jump up and down on it proceeding onto the roof,making a real mess off it,it looked like it had been thru a car compacter,,,even tried to kick his window in,,,meanwhile hes franticly shitting himself trying to start his car,,,the little homo managed to start her in time before i started on his face,,,have never been tagged again

I too caught one a few years ago 'plying his trade' on a wall close to my old place in Glen Eden one night. It was excellent! He he he...

http://sportbikerider.17.forumer.com
    the DEAD forum for politically incorrect Sportbike riders!

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Fuck him, He stabbed a kid to death.

He can burn in hell.

The lesser conviction is disgraceful.
    how did a 50 yo man catch 2 15 yo kids, obviously we wernt there but i can see this scenario happening...they run off hurling abuse he follows they "let" him catch them then turn on him to give him a beating, as they come at him he puts his hands out to fend them off, result 1 stabbed porch monkey....no great loss as far as im concerned there are hundreds of them out there buisy breeding more, and as for his so called family in court if they cared about him so much what were they doing whilst he was out smoking dak and vandalising peoples property

Bike
    Triple Delight
    My spin.

Little shit was 15 years old. He was out and about (reported to be drinking and smoking dope) late at night. He was known (or his tags were) so this was not the first time he had been tagging. Where were his parents? Saw an interview with his mother tonight, she left to go to Australia, assume here Granny had the raising of him recently. He should have been better supervised. He did not however deserve to die. No way, no how, he is little shit, destructive with it and probably heading down a path that would have seen him in court facing some charge or other anytime soon. He did not deserve to die.

Why in hell would you leave your house armed with a knife when you saw someone tagging your garage door, no matter how many times it has happened before? A knife? That be a weapon in my books, when taken outside the house in those circumstances. There had to have been intent to use it or else why take it? Self defense? Ok, I buy that, but self defense would not have been needed if he had simply stayed inside. He went out looking for trouble, armed with a knife.

A young boy is dead, fact.

The killer did not mean to do it, apparently.

Manslaughter/Murder?

A jury of his peers have heard the evidence, and made their call. No one wins here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    My spin.

Little shit was 15 years old. He was out and about (reported to be drinking and smoking dope) late at night. He was known (or his tags were) so this was not the first time he had been tagging. Where were his parents? Saw an interview with his mother tonight, she left to go to Australia, assume here Granny had the raising of him recently. He should have been better supervised. He did not however deserve to die. No way, no how, he is little shit, destructive with it and probably heading down a path that would have seen him in court facing some charge or other anytime soon. He did not deserve to die.

Why in hell would you leave your house armed with a knife when you saw someone tagging your garage door, no matter how many times it has happened before? A knife? That be a weapon in my books, when taken outside the house in those circumstances. There had to have been intent to use it or else why take it? Self defense? Ok, I buy that, but self defense would not have been needed if he had simply stayed inside. He went out looking for trouble, armed with a knife.

Manslaughter/Murder?

A jury of his peers have heard the evidence, and made their call. No one wins here.
    As always,nice Mom,well put.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by icekiwi View Post
    What happened to him an his family is a crying fuckin shame an lets face it he only did what any of us would do in that situation...
    Well I for one would not run out armed with knife for no other reason that i might lose it and have it turned on myself.

While I posted earlier it was probably the right verdict I do have doubts.
    But there is a wider issue here.

Three gangas were found guilty of 'murdering' Jhia' in the Wanganui drive by shooting, which was clearly an accident. So ganga's get found guilty of murder when the death is accidental but the respecatable buisness type gets a manslaughter verdict when chasing a tagger with a knife that results in death.
    Am I missing soemthing here or what .

Ever since that driver who ran over a protester in Lyttelton a few years back and got off I always thought that guilty or not guily verdicts have nothing to do with evidence presented in court but more to do with the jurors morality and self rightousness.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder View Post
    I always thought that guilty or not guily verdicts have nothing to do with evidence presented in court but more to do with the jurors morality and self rightousness.
    Skyryder
    Or the caliber of your defense in some cases.

EDIT: Lawyer I mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    My spin.

Manslaughter/Murder?

How the hell do you get self defense when the dead boy was running away.

Some years back some burglers were stealing a farm bike and one got shot in the back.........dead. Farmer got off in self defense.

Now Mom I'm not unsympthetic with your post on this but it seems to me in light of the cases that I have mentioned it is the type of defendent that seems to be found guilty or not guilty whichever the case. Scot Watson is another case. Painted as a bad arse........found guilty under what is now consider by many as a wrongfull conviction.

But as said not entirely unsympathetic to your views

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    From my experiance these fuckers dont give a shit about you, your property,in fact pretty much all they give a shit about is being some "nigga rapping bad mofucker" there words not mine,if thats there dream then they dont remind me of any "child" ive met inawhile.Hey if they want to live that dream then fine i just cant be bothered with the woe is me shit when it goes bad.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder View Post
    How the hell do you get self defense when the dead boy was running away.

Some years back some burglers were stealing a farm bike and one got shot in the back.........dead. Farmer got off in self defense.

Now Mom I'm not unsympthetic with your post on this but it seems to me in light of the cases that I have mentioned it is the type of defendent that seems to be found guilty or not guilty whichever the case. Scot Watson is another case. Painted as a bad arse........found guilty under what is now consider by many as a wrongfull conviction.

But as said not entirely unsympathetic to your views

Skyryder

how about this then...anyone hurt/killed whilst commiting a illegal activity has no rights

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    By the age of 15, this young fella was already a serious problem in the community.

To suggest that a private citizen cannot, and should not, chase and confront a criminal is incorrect both in law and in principle.

In this case, once confronted, the criminal reacted violently, and as the private citizen was armed, the criminal has paid the price, rather than the other way around.

IMHO there should be no debate at all as to the chase. Indeed, I would suggest that it is the duty of all able bodied citizens to confront criminals, not just consider the job done when they run away.

Only in recent times, have police existed, only a bit over 100 years. Until then, all citizens were expected to sort criminals out, and indeed, the police were only citizens who got paid - they had no power or authority more than a normal citizen.

Even now, in N.Z. law, a private citizen has a clearly defined power of arrest, and self defence.

A private citizen can arrest without warrant, any criminal for any offence where the maximum penalty is a term of imprisonment is 5 years or greater.

Additionally, the citizen may use (the reasonable amount of) force required in self defence or to effect the arrest, in the circumstances as he reasonably believes them to be.

Exactly the same law as the police operate under.

I think this man was very unwise to confront the arsehole. Unwiser again to be carrying a blade.

But, had I been on the jury, I would have given him the thanks of the community, and sent him home to his family.

Same as if he was a policeman. Job well done, thank you.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Thread Information