Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Manslaughter charge for bloke who killed tagger

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
    ...anyone hurt/killed whilst commiting a illegal activity has no rights
    If you are dead you have no rights anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    A naked monster - just like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
    how about this then...anyone hurt/killed whilst commiting a illegal activity has no rights
    Jimjim for President !

Bike
    GSX-R600 k8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder View Post
    Some years back some burglers were stealing a farm bike and one got shot in the back.........dead. Farmer got off in self defense.
    It was self defence. He was defending his property. You are allowed to defend yourself and your property... otherwise you may as well give the criminals the key to your front door and tell them to help themselves.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by dipshit View Post
    It was self defence. He was defending his property. You are allowed to defend yourself and your property... otherwise you may as well give the criminals the key to your front door and tell them to help themselves.
    I have no doubts the tree huggers will just about take us to that point sooner rather than later.There not really much difference in length of sentence handed out to a person who shoots someone guilty of home invasion compared to a person who fucks up peoples lives by commiting the offences of home invasion/assult/rape etc.....go figure.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    None any more
    The moment our newly-convicted friend left his house whilst carrying a knife suitable for impaling people upon, intent on deeds most foul, he had lowered himself to the level of his victim. By allowing a tagger to throw themselves upon said knife's pointed blade, he proved that he was an idiot of the first order.

He is lucky to have been convicted of manslaughter. I believe that he had intent, means and motive and should have been convicted of murder.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Speed Triple
    I fully support his right to chase the little fucker as far as he wants to, and to crack him around the skull.

I don't condone killing him, Its just a tad out of balance with the initial crime. His crime is far worse then the kids, and the kid was certainly no more misguided in his behaviour then his killer is.

String him up, that ends the matter.

Bike
    None any more
    Sensationalist bullshit. Accosting somebody in the street and stabbing them for allegedly writing their name on your garage door is not about "defending property", it's a malicious premeditated attack. The dead person was only a tagger, for heaven's sake. Let's keep things in perspective here.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sensationalist bullshit. Accosting somebody in the street and stabbing them for allegedly writing their name on your garage door is not about "defending property", it's a malicious premeditated attack. The dead person was only a tagger, for heaven's sake. Let's keep things in perspective here.
    Wasn't he referring to the farmer who shot someone riding away on his quad?

At least, that's the impression I had....

Bike
    Thinking
    How could he defend his Property 300 metres away from it?

He had disturbed them they ran, thats when he defended his property, when he chased them with a knife that was a murder
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    His only bad decision was picking up a knife,as in the interviews he said "why didnt i grab a broom handle" not that when confronting them a broom handle would have done much.This shit goes on all the time and is exactly why i keep and will continue to keep a basball bat close to every entry door in my house and if need be will use it even if i have to chase some scumbags a mile down the road if i find them fucking around with things i toil for.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Wasn't he referring to the farmer who shot someone riding away on his quad?
    Don't know. Both are still crimes involving excessive force, and I believe that both are murder rather than manslaughter.

"Manslaughter" surely is a defence for an accidental situation that causes the death of another -- like reversing a car over the neighbour's three-year-old you neglected to see scurrying across your driveway. Killing somebody as a consequence of fannying around with a bloody great knife or loaded firearm is surely a different matter entirely.

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    His only bad decision was picking up a knife.
    He did make one more bad decision....he used it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    His only bad decision was picking up a knife,as in the interviews he said "why didnt i grab a broom handle" not that when confronting them a broom handle would have done much.
    He was intent on revenge and on seriously hurting somebody. His attack was as premeditated as was his choice of weapon. If he had had a loaded firearm in his house, we would have most probably run down the street with that blazing away.

But we're clearly not talking about a mental giant here.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    He did make one more bad decision....he used it
    Yep,was actually what i meant but no matter.

Bike
    He was intent on revenge and on seriously hurting somebody. His attack was as premeditated as was his choice of weapon. If he had had a loaded firearm in his house, we would have most probably run down the street with that blazing away.

But we're clearly not talking about a mental giant here.
    I dunno mate,wasnt there.I agree he was intent on revenge and hurting someone but not sure on how premeditated it was ie how far it went,ive no idea what similar shit hes put up with in the past etc etc,i once met a bloke who had never been in a courthouse in his life,he came home one day to find his Mrs in the sack with someone else,what he did was pretty fucked up and at that time he still couldnt explain it,he was serving 7 years.Up until then he was just a normal Kiwi bloke with a family,job blah blah but he snapped for lack of a better word,maybe the guy in question had reached that point,who knows,then again who the fuck are we to pretend to.

Thread Information