Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Manslaughter charge for bloke who killed tagger

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries

Manslaughter charge for bloke who killed tagger

Jury have returned a "guilty of manslaughter" charge. I reckon that's the only reasonable thing they could have done. Whether or not he meant to kill the kid doesn't alter the fact that he was responsible for his death.
    For the family to be disappointed it wasn't a murder charge is a bit tough. Manslaughter is there for those "caused death but not in a premeditated way, or by accident".
    I'd hate to think what anarchy would rule if people were too scared to protect themselves (or property) for fear that they may inadvertently cause the death of the perpetrator! You may as well give crims an open cheque book for their activities since no one would be prepared to stand up to them.

You could also look at it from the perspective that if the boy had been home he wouldn't have crossed paths with an irate citizen; or that if he'd been out but not tagging then he would most likely still be alive. Yes, i accept that a life is more important than property but does that really mean that when trying to stop someone from defacing things you mustn't do anything other than ask them very politely to stop? You're more likely to end up getting the bash yourself.

But I am pleased that Emery didn't get off without any charge. That would have been terrible.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Jury have returned a "guilty of manslaughter" charge. I reckon that's the only reasonable thing they could have done. Whether or not he meant to kill the kid doesn't alter the fact that he was responsible for his death.
    For the family to be disappointed it wasn't a murder charge is a bit tough. Manslaughter is there for those "caused death but not in a premeditated way, or by accident".
    I'd hate to think what anarchy would rule if people were too scared to protect themselves (or property) for fear that they may inadvertently cause the death of the perpetrator! You may as well give crims an open cheque book for their activities since no one would be prepared to stand up to them.

You could also look at it from the perspective that if the boy had been home he wouldn't have crossed paths with an irate citizen; or that if he'd been out but not tagging then he would most likely still be alive. Yes, i accept that a life is more important than property but does that really mean that when trying to stop someone from defacing things you must do anything other than ask them very politely to stop? You're more likely to end up an extra victim yourself.

But I am pleased that Emery didn't get off without any charge. That would have been terrible.
    Problably the right decision. On one hand if the boy had not been tagging he would not have lost his life but on the other I'm not sure when you are running away and you plunge a knife into someone how this is manslaughter. The problem with these verdicts is when a 'respectable' citizen is killed while trying to escape and the 'lowlife' gets the same verdict. Still it's sends a message, tag my property and all I'll get is a manslaughter charge.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Good outcome. Hopefully he'll only get community service or a small fine.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    hmmmm, I have my usual callous view towards this whole scenario- he did society a favour, the little fuck most likely would have grown up to be an even worse piece of shit than he already was, robbing, assaults etcetc, ruining other peoples lives, probably ending up in prison several times......so he just saved us some money and grief. No I don't condone what he did , but I don't care that he did it either, in fact if he got off it altogether that would make me happier, but in saying that- that would probably be a bit frightening too.
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    For the family to be disappointed it wasn't a murder charge is a bit tough.
    But it was a murder charge. With manslaughter as a backup. Jury obviously didn't think the murder charge was proven

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Good outcome. Hopefully he'll only get community service or a small fine.
    ...and his knife back.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    ET-05 ZX6RR,08 ZX10-R A Green One
    I know the guy as a local bussiness man and he is the sort of guy that wouldn't hurt a fly....good outcome lets just hope they give a reasonable sentence cause he did us all a favour folks,tagging around the area where we are based has come to a screaming stop.
    What happened to him an his family is a crying fuckin shame an lets face it he only did what any of us would do in that situation...
    Quote Originally Posted by peasea View Post
    It could be argued that to put anyone on a ZX10 is "just stupid".

CNC Machining,Precision Engineering,Thermal Coatings/Metalization,
    Msg me....

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    But it was a murder charge. With manslaughter as a backup. .
    oops, I meant that the murder charge wasn't upheld.
    I can't help feeling just a teensy bit relieved. Get so sick and tired of criminals getting away with their shit at the expense of the poor lawabiding joe average. How many of us would secretly love to be able to take things into our own hands to deal with antisocial and p i t a behaviour by these people but restrain ourselves. The kid was obviously the straw that broke that camel's back.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    I feel sorry for the guy to be honest,sure he took a life etc but hey.Strangly i couldnt be bothered feeling anything for the tagger that signed off.Simple really,dont fuck with others stuff.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Yay for the Wild Wild South.

Bike
    Thinking
    Point one, he wasnt protecting his property anymore he was in pursuit of the offender
    Point two He was in a pursuit for retribution with a lethal weapon
    Point three, afterwards he went home washed the knife, put it under his mattress and went to bed

I got no respect for taggers or scum of the earth, but just because he is a businessman I dont see how the above factors could result in a manslaughter charge, he took a knife to seek revenge and he got it, its murder plain and simple...........what did you say, he had no intent? BS a knife was taken in anger to fight not to cut a cake

All said with limited media knowledge of course.

lock him up, I dont know any reasonable people that cant put a knife into another human, he is not a reasonable person in my view and derserves the full force of the law.

Thats my view
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I wonder which was the thought process going through his head at the time.

"You little fuck! I'll fucking kill you!" or

"You little fuck! I'll teach you a valuable lesson by carefully plunging this knife into you!"

I feel no sense of sadness for the kid's death (or for his family's loss) but I also feel no sense of relief for the decision to call it manslaughter instead of murder.

I feel more a sense of despair that this sort of thing can happen in our society and yet it barely raises an eyebrow.

(I only have a few more people to get out of Manurewa and then I can happily never set foot in the fucking shithole again).

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by icekiwi View Post
    an lets face it he only did what any of us would do in that situation...
    No, I wouldnt run 300 mtres up a road with a knife and stab or in this situation kill a kid even if he was a little arsehole, and I seriously doubt many here would..........crazy steve excempted of course.
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Simple really,dont fuck around with other peoples stuff,if he hadnt been out there doing his shit he would be happily inhaling glue as we type.Like it or not we have to get used to this sort of thing as i betcha theres much more to come.Methinks people have had enough of the little shits,and rightly so.In saying that why not just give him a beating rather than stab him?At least a beating may have taught him a lesson,killing him taught him nothing.(running for cover)
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    No, I wouldnt run 300 mtres up a road with a knife and stab or in this situation kill a kid even if he was a little arsehole, and I seriously doubt many here would.....
    Agreed. I know what its like to be pushed and pushed and pushed by P heads who think they have a god given right to make everyone elses life miserable.

I have been thinking about getting a BB gun as a means of protection but now will not because it would be way too easy to get to the point of just wanting to have a go at the fuckers......not worth going to jail for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    hmx 500
    i caught a tagger once,,,i was sitting outside around 2am and this car pulled right outside our house,,i seen him bob down by my fence and could hear this pisss,pisss,pisss,,,,(the sound of his spray can)i then ran out yelling,,,you little fucker,,,your gonna get it!!!as he realises hes just been sprung,he runs to his car and trys to take off,,,i then jump on his bonnet and jump up and down on it proceeding onto the roof,making a real mess off it,it looked like it had been thru a car compacter,,,even tried to kick his window in,,,meanwhile hes franticly shitting himself trying to start his car,,,the little homo managed to start her in time before i started on his face,,,have never been tagged again
    DUCATI ALL THE WAY!!!

Thread Information