Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: Wanna setup a bike for stunting?

  1. #46
    Join Date
    11th November 2009 - 23:01
    Bike
    636
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bombsquad View Post
    Yes im aware of the mfsc's general level of awesomeness, having walked over the fairfeild arches and considered riding my dowhill bike over it.
    Whats the chances of havin a chat to you lads sometime then
    Talk to Kruzar, he is from hams. He is riding at Boys Day Out today.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    19th August 2008 - 12:45
    Bike
    05 Kawasaki ZX6RR
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    99
    yeah i watched him there yesterday, had a talk to one of the other riders who was a real good dude and gave me a pretty good run down.
    My next question then is...
    My budgets pretty open at the moment, e.g i could go out now and buy a f4/5 cbr600 if i felt the need, however i think this would a total waste for a noob, so.. do you guys think id be better of spending more and going for something like an f4 ($6-7grand) and then slowly play round on it setting it up etc and end up with a bike ill keep for a long time
    Or.. should i just buy a cheap shitter eg late 80s cbr6 hurricane etc go hard and not worry about beating the crap out of it
    Would a 87-90 cbr stand up to the abuse while learning??

  3. #48
    Join Date
    31st August 2005 - 12:00
    Bike
    er6n, CRF250R
    Location
    Temple View
    Posts
    5,042
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bombsquad View Post
    Yes im aware of the mfsc's general level of awesomeness, having walked over the fairfeild arches and considered riding my dowhill bike over it.
    Whats the chances of havin a chat to you lads sometime then
    haha, pretty good...il PM ya some details

  4. #49
    Join Date
    19th August 2008 - 12:45
    Bike
    05 Kawasaki ZX6RR
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    99
    Currently setting up my F3 for stunting, been steering at the airbox mod on the first page and probly just being a blind dumbarse but cannot work out how to apply this to my own bike.
    This is my box/airbox setup

    Both left and right hoses run down fron the air intake ducts, from there i dont actually know what they do or what that small box is for??
    The hose that comes off the top of the rocker cover is shown in the upper right.
    So what do I do now?? run the rocker breather into the intake duct and put a pcv valve in the line?? and then do i need that black box and the other two lines?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    20th September 2008 - 12:50
    Bike
    1981 Yamaha RD350LC,Ducati M900/RD race
    Location
    Havelock North
    Posts
    1,622
    Is a 88 GSXR750J and good for a stunt bike?

    Its scruffy and got no fairings and cheap, not to worried if i wreck it

  6. #51
    Join Date
    24th September 2008 - 01:32
    Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    3,593
    Quote Originally Posted by dipshit View Post
    Having a frame or subframe or suspension component break while riding down the motorway at 100mph becomes a serious safety issue.
    just riding down the motorway at 100mph could be regarded by most as dangerous in itself. eave 'em to it

  7. #52
    Join Date
    19th August 2008 - 12:45
    Bike
    05 Kawasaki ZX6RR
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by RDjase View Post
    Is a 88 GSXR750J and good for a stunt bike?

    Its scruffy and got no fairings and cheap, not to worried if i wreck it
    It would be perfect, "scruffy" "no fairings" "cheap" "not worried if i wreck it" are all 4 vital things to look for in a first stunt bike. The only thing id look out for is gixxer frames are weak as fuck if you slam them down lots.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    31st August 2005 - 12:00
    Bike
    er6n, CRF250R
    Location
    Temple View
    Posts
    5,042
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bombsquad View Post
    It would be perfect, "scruffy" "no fairings" "cheap" "not worried if i wreck it" are all 4 vital things to look for in a first stunt bike. The only thing id look out for is gixxer frames are weak as fuck if you slam them down lots.
    depends on the year of GSXR post K3....yeah!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    13th October 2011 - 03:42
    Bike
    gs500
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1

    about the f4i..

    First of all, this is a nice post !!

    My question is, if i need a oilpickup on my f4i?.. or is it fine just to toss in 1L of oil like i did on my gs500?

    hope you can help me..
    cheers from DK

  10. #55
    Join Date
    22nd November 2007 - 17:52
    Bike
    09 Speed trip, CBR600F4i
    Location
    Bridge City Stunts
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Jensen View Post
    First of all, this is a nice post !!

    My question is, if i need a oilpickup on my f4i?.. or is it fine just to toss in 1L of oil like i did on my gs500?

    hope you can help me..
    cheers from DK
    I've always put in an extra .75l over the standard amount. I've been running the same bike/motor for 4.5 years with no problems. Just make sure you use high quality motorcycle grade oil. Yamalube full-syn is what I've used for years!!!! Hope that helps

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •