Thread: A little trip

Bike
    Triumph Sprint St 07, G650gs BMW

A little trip

Left Auckland on Christmas aftrenoon, and headed to Wanganui to watch the races. The traffic was heavy out of Auckland but once we got off the main drag it was very lite. Stopped in Otorahonga for a rest, and was looking for some thing to eat, but their was nothing open, so we headed to Taumranui and found the 24 hour BP, so filled up and had gas station pie for afternoon Christmas tea!

Had a gret ride through to Wangas apart from some lose gravel on one corner which saw the back end kick out a bit, and cause a slight adjustment to the heart rate.
    Arrived in Wanganui to find everything closed, as you would expect i suppose. Managed to find a place to eat which we did, and paid accordingly !!!!

Boxing day we watched the racers.

Left Wanganui on the 27th and headed to Gisborne via Palmerston North, woodville, SH 50 to napier. This is a great raod to for a bit of fun, and very lite on traffic. Caught up with "Dooley" and admired his garage and view! Got to Napier about 1.30 for some lunch, before heading to Gisborne.

The road form Napier to Gissie is great, very tight in places but a lot of fun. Arrive in Gisborne at 5, and found a neat motel on the water on waniu beach.

The following day we headed around the cape to whakatana, I was pretty disappointed in the stae on the road in pplaces, but the second half seemed better. It is a neat ride, but their is no one their! And the road goes on forever.

Stayetd the night in Whakatana and drank to much with the people we meet in the motel.

Headed back to Auckland, and it rained the whole way!!!!! So much for water proof boots, had about 2 inches of wter in them the time we got home.

Still 1600kms in four days, i was glad to get of the bike..........then a gain an hour later i was thinking how i would like to do it all again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000884.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	114407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000872.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	114408   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000885.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	114409   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000857.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	114410  

Bike
    Tractor
    Good to see you guys.
    Catch ya up here next time.
    Have you knocked that bottle of wine off yet?

Bike
    GL1800
    Nice story!
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    Triumph Sprint St 07, G650gs BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooly View Post
    Good to see you guys.
    Catch ya up here next time.
    Have you knocked that bottle of wine off yet?
    Nope..........that is on the cards for tonight...to share with some other biker mates..........looking forward to it, i can assure you. But will give you a full and detailed taste test soon. Much appreciated that you gave it to us .

Thread Information