Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoTT Trackday, Saturday 17th Jan 09

Bike
    GSX-R600 K6, 07 CBR600RR
    Thanks for another great day MotoTT. Great weather and track conditions once you realised that those shiny black seal repairs weren't slippery!!! Had an exciting(?) moment when a a young lady lowsided in front of sinful and me coming out of turn three. We both managed to avoid her and her bike though it was close!! She was fine and bike minimally damaged.

Saw you there Patrick but didn't manage to catch up...... Didn't stay at Chantillys????
    When in Taupo, stay with Paul and Sandy at CHANTILLYS MOTOR LODGE
    For Suzuki Parts call Dan at COLEMANS SUZUKI - For Tyres ask for Danny at BOTANY HONDA

Bike
    Girlz bikes rule :-)

Thumbs up Yellow and black 750

Any one see how a little 750 got on.

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS

Thumbs up

Great day

Really enjoyed blackbuell's new buell 1125r (thanks man), what an amazing machine! Best handling bike i've riden, (sorry saul, do try one!), awesome chassis, awesome slipper clutch, awesome awesome... i'd love to have one, real hoon toy. Nothing like the old buells at all.

Quote Originally Posted by saul View Post
    Any one see how a little 750 got on.
    J had a gentle start but found lots of pace late in the day, i think he gave uncle the learn in the final session(!!?)

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    1999 Suzuki SV650S
    I missed this day. I did the Kiwitrackdays trackday on friday and had signed up for this one too, but maybe I got a bit of heat exhaustion on friday or something, I wasn't feeling too good, so had to give it a miss. Sorry MotoTT.

On a positive note, the new suspension (0.85kg/mm springs, emulators and 20wt oil and an '04 zx6r shock) in the sv worked well on friday as did the Metzler M3 tyres .

Hopefully I'll make the next one.

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Thanks all the MotoTT crew for another cracker. Third time and I already can't wait for the next

Was cool to meet a few new KB'ers (and non KB'ers) and see some familiar faces along with some rather lovely bikes.

Thanks again kiwifruit for giving me the learn for a few laps. Think I'll tape the speedo next time so it doesn't distract me. Don't know how to break the habit of apexing late tho. Guess it comes with time.

Motards in 1 and in 4 made for good spectating. They sure get around the corners quick.

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Leong View Post
    Had an exciting(?) moment when a a young lady lowsided in front of sinful and me coming out of turn three. We both managed to avoid her and her bike though it was close!! She was fine and bike minimally damaged.
    You guys did extremely well not to take her out while she was sliding on her arse. Looked pretty close from pit wall.

Bike
    `
    Quote Originally Posted by Leong View Post
    Thanks for another great day MotoTT. Great weather and track conditions once you realised that those shiny black seal repairs weren't slippery!!! Had an exciting(?) moment when a a young lady lowsided in front of sinful and me coming out of turn three. We both managed to avoid her and her bike though it was close!! She was fine and bike minimally damaged.

Saw you there Patrick but didn't manage to catch up...... Didn't stay at Chantillys????
    Were you in pit shed 26 or something?

Bike
    k6 750 :)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    J had a gentle start...
    did he ever!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    but found lots of pace late in the day, i think he gave uncle the learn in the final session(!!?)
    yeh, i learned him good while he was on that 4hundy!!

spent a bit of time tail-gating Fruity & Uncle which was helpful; especially having extra time on those slicks to get 'em nice 'n hot! had a couple of whoopsies from both, so figured it was time to back off.

great day for a first ride; sooooo stoked with the bike, i love it/her!!!!

"Fit a front tyre you love, and put something round & black on the back"
    Il Dottore

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Another super day as usual.

Betty and I are always learning. Yesterday, we learned that:

1. Quasi and sinfull are faster than us, and we need to try harder.

2. Trying harder shouldn't include stuffing it up the inside of the A1 corner and running sinfull off the track.

3. If you run someone off the track, you should probably put the hammer down and get away from them, lest they come back with an extra helping of red mist and learn you with many learns.

4. Group 1 is by far the nicest place to be at a MotoTT day.

5. If I ever sponsor a superbike team, I'm hiring my riders via www.bride.ru.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    GSX-R600 K6, 07 CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by discotex View Post
    You guys did extremely well not to take her out while she was sliding on her arse. Looked pretty close from pit wall.
    Yeah, She didn't seem too far from my front wheel!! She was doing really well though ( up till then, I guess ) It was her first time at Taupo, and first drop at the track.

Quote Originally Posted by wbks View Post
    Were you in pit shed 26 or something?
    Thereabouts. Have we met?
    When in Taupo, stay with Paul and Sandy at CHANTILLYS MOTOR LODGE
    For Suzuki Parts call Dan at COLEMANS SUZUKI - For Tyres ask for Danny at BOTANY HONDA

Bike
    `
    Nah, I was just hanging around in that shed between sessions on my 250. Just remembered seeing someone turn up later in the day on a gixxer 600 with a few stickers of the places in your signature on it.

Bike
    ZX6R race machine, rmz250
    Man what an awesome day yesterday!!! My first trackday and i can definatly say it wont be my last im hooked! .

Man those guys in group 1 are FAST!! :O loved watching you guys giving it stink out there

Bike
    `
    You were wearing the leathers with a big "1tonne" on the back on the tzr in your avatar? Were you giving it full throttle along the back strait?

Bike
    ZX6R race machine, rmz250
    Yep thats me lol, i was near the end of the day not for the first two sessions. I remember you coming past me out of the sweeper onto the straight on one occasion and was thinkn how th f*@k did you out run me lol. You were nice and fast through the corners i remember trying to keep up with you in one of the session but those scooters would ALWAYS get in the way lol

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by del-solider View Post
    those scooters would ALWAYS get in the way lol
    hehe now we have symmetry. The guys in group 1 can complain about the motards getting in the way and the guys in 4 about the scooters

I was impressed with the corner speed of some of those scooters on slicks. They were very cool to watch.

Thread Information