Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Under Armour" gear

Bike
    SUZUKI road & Kawasaki race bike
    i use under armour..... its from the USA and started out as a "compression" under layer for football players.... it is designed for keeping you cool or keeping you hot depending on the use and type of underarmour. You can buy it from stirling sports or Shoe science stores. There are other brands similar like skins etc available at rebel sports. I have used it for 2 seasons now.. summer and winter under my leathers....
    it is tight to the skin for a few reasons.. it compresses your muscles (not that you notice it) to keep them ready for action, the theory behind it is so you keep them at operating temperature to assist in injury aviodance, the summer UA is designed to wick sweat and heat away from your body and regulate your temperature. I swear by the stuff, it not only stops me feeling the sweat while in the suit, it keeps me cool, something important in the summer. a added bonus is that as it is silky to the touch, your leathers just fall off, rather than the usual uncomfortable sticky and struggle without any base layer. They have a winter version also that keeps you warm which i have also used in my leathers. I swear by the stuff and its very non bulky, i forget i have it on.

a quick note on thermals in winter, i have been advised by a few sorces that even though thermals keep you warm, they are bad if you have a crash, due to the type of fibre in polypropelene type fabric, it acts kinda like carpet inside your suit so yo uget grazes and worse yet the fibres break and get into your cuts.. not a pleasant thought.. but that is just what i have been told.

I have crashed multiple times now in the under armour and not had any form of friction burn/graze from it.
    just my 0.02c worth. PM me if yo uwant to know more about the Underarmour stuff
    Taking it to the track thanks to: KIWIBIKE INSURANCE & PIRELLI TYRES, EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLES, EBC Brakes, SUPERSPROX Sprockets, TSUBAKI Chains, RST Leathers, REPSOL Oils, FutureGrafix, Autolink

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBoy View Post
    Take it from me get the 2 pc
    How come? I've got the 1pc and it's fine. Looks rather gay super hero until you get your leathers on tho haha.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Thanks, all, for your answers - much appreciated.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    81 BMW r80 Cafe racer
    Blog Entries
    That 1 pc does look cool.

Can get Under armour from stirling sports its the same as skins, nike and the CCC gear (available at rebel). I have a CCC shirt and its all good.

There is stuff on trademe for $40, but not sure of the quality.

Riding naked is the best way to be cool
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksta View Post
    a quick note on thermals in winter, i have been advised by a few sorces that even though thermals keep you warm, they are bad if you have a crash, due to the type of fibre in polypropelene type fabric, it acts kinda like carpet inside your suit so yo uget grazes and worse yet the fibres break and get into your cuts.. not a pleasant thought.. but that is just what i have been told. I
    Which is why I use Merino thermals. The polyprop feels horrible anyway...

Thanks for the info. I will have a look.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Thread Information