Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre '89 GSXR1100 brakes?

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Newer modern style pads do make a reasonble difference, however backing plates to help with ressiting heat transfer can be handy if using at a track where you are asking a lot of brakes. (But then again its a Gixxer1100 so the inertia is pretty out there aye ........ :-) )
    Just as well you are faster on the track than replying to 2009 threads

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Just as well you are faster on the track than replying to 2009 threads
    Haha, Hows the ZXR *Hybrid coming along............

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Haha, Hows the ZXR *Hybrid coming along............
    Bit of a rollar coaster ride, turns out I cannot use the head or cams I had, but have sourced the right cams on the interwebby thing. The pistons and rods are genuine H1 factory race kit parts, so will use those. I did get a swingarm for 10 lb's on ebay.uk, but found the rules do not let me use it, just as well I found out before it got sent! Rhys has motor spread out in his work shop with crank away getting lightened. Darcy is going to do a wee bit of port work on the head we have. I'm working on the chasis and it's already lost 20 kg's of pork! Mike Web as been an absolute star and shared lots of info, but I've come to realize the reality for me is A: I don't have a sparrow farts worth of his engineering skills and B: I do have a sparrow farts budget! So my bike will never be anything like his one.
    I'm loosely aiming for sometime in summer for the H1 to make a showing.

BTW, imagine if someone built a proper 7/11? ouch

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Bit of a rollar coaster ride, turns out I cannot use the head or cams I had, but have sourced the right cams on the interwebby thing. The pistons and rods are genuine H1 factory race kit parts, so will use those. I did get a swingarm for 10 lb's on ebay.uk, but found the rules do not let me use it, just as well I found out before it got sent! Rhys has motor spread out in his work shop with crank away getting lightened. Darcy is going to do a wee bit of port work on the head we have. I'm working on the chasis and it's already lost 20 kg's of pork! Mike Web as been an absolute star and shared lots of info, but I've come to realize the reality for me is A: I don't have a sparrow farts worth of his engineering skills and B: I do have a sparrow farts budget! So my bike will never be anything like his one.
    I'm loosely aiming for sometime in summer for the H1 to make a showing.

BTW, imagine if someone built a proper 7/11? ouch
    hi is that the standard 89 bike of the year you have or the race production one that came out that year?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    hi is that the standard 89 bike of the year you have or the race production one that came out that year?
    You are thinking of the 'RR' 750 i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    It is the standard one with genuine race kit pistons and rods. The RR versions did not come until later models of ZXR's. The "H"series were already awesome enough in standard form

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    You are thinking of the 'RR' 750 i think.
    Pretty sure there was a "factory model" that year of the green meanie 750, and a reasnoble amount were produced used, you just had to be someone famous to get one............... (thats why sugalite and crazyman missed out,,,,,,,,, ) :-)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    nup, pretty sure it was later models. I've been trawling the internet pretty intensively for a few years now and never seen reference to any special "H" models. I do have a race parts catalog released by KHI though. Saw some interesting clutch parts that were made available that i had no idea existed!

Bike
    Pretty sure there was a "factory model" that year of the green meanie 750, and a reasnoble amount were produced used, you just had to be someone famous to get one............... (thats why sugalite and crazyman missed out,,,,,,,,, ) :-)
    nup, pretty sure it was later models. I've been trawling the internet pretty intensively for a few years now and never seen reference to any special "H" models. I do have a race parts catalog released by KHI though. Saw some interesting clutch parts that were made available that i had no idea existed!
    http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...%20Limited.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    The 89 H1 had a factory race model called a "Stinger" if I remember rightly (got the details in an article)
    The 90 H2 motor was effectively the H1 motor with factory go-fast goodies

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750

Talking

lucky for me l have most of one he he TKA kitted out to

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    The 89 H1 had a factory race model called a "Stinger" if I remember rightly (got the details in an article)
    The 90 H2 motor was effectively the H1 motor with factory go-fast goodies
    I did get all excited when I 1st found references to the stinger tag, but after some investigation, it "seemed" to point to it just being the french name for it instead of the Ninja title the yanks got. I'd really appreciate seeing the article you mention if my investigating skills were naff! Thanks for the info regarding the H2, I are allowed to use cams from the h2, but unfortunately, the 5KG lighter swing arm is out of bounds
    Have you still got your ZXR?
    I've got a long way through getting my H1 back on the road after taking it completely apart and doing my best at refurbing it. It's motor will be essentially half the age of the last one, and I'm really looking forward to getting back out on a bike
    I picked up a motor with a snapped cam chain (wanted the gear box for my sad one) and then a complete bike off the same guy for $750 (the race H1) and a box load of spares, like radiators, forks, wiring loom, clocks and such. The snapped cam chain motor had no other damage at all when I opened it, it even looked quite new with machining marks still on the pistons etc, stuff of miracles!

Here is one of the translated pages I found on the stinger...
    http://translate.google.co.nz/transl...%26prmd%3Divns

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    I did get all excited when I 1st found references to the stinger tag, but after some investigation, it "seemed" to point to it just being the french name for it instead of the Ninja title the yanks got. I'd really appreciate seeing the article you mention if my investigating skills were naff! Thanks for the info regarding the H2, I are allowed to use cams from the h2, but unfortunately, the 5KG lighter swing arm is out of bounds
    Have you still got your ZXR?
    I've got a long way through getting my H1 back on the road after taking it completely apart and doing my best at refurbing it. It's motor will be essentially half the age of the last one, and I'm really looking forward to getting back out on a bike
    I picked up a motor with a snapped cam chain (wanted the gear box for my sad one) and then a complete bike off the same guy for $750 (the race H1) and a box load of spares, like radiators, forks, wiring loom, clocks and such. The snapped cam chain motor had no other damage at all when I opened it, it even looked quite new with machining marks still on the pistons etc, stuff of miracles!

Here is one of the translated pages I found on the stinger...
    http://translate.google.co.nz/transl...%26prmd%3Divns
    In amongst the mass of mags & other bits n pieces I've got it's there somewhere but will try hunting it out It was loosely based around some of TKA's work with the ZXRs but made reference to KHI race program for the H1 & H2s. Also got a comprehensive article on a later model ZXR (J1 or J2) used in endurance racing that Kawasaki France (maybe??) put together about the same era that Aaron Slight & Rob Phillis campaigned ZXRs in the Aussie Superbikes

The H1 factory race kit cost either $7kUS or $12kUS at the time which made it a rare piece. Though the following year the H2 sported most of the items stock, that's why the H2 is rated @120hp and the H1 @105hp

Nah my old girl got sold in the pursuit of keeping my licence & keeping the neighbours at bay; she's getting ready to be punted around Ruapuna though (should have done it myself TBH )

Tin-ass scoring all those parts snapped cam-chain that's what started my spiral into fettling my old girl I wasn't lucky though, 6 bent valves

I'm not far off ditching the 1100 for something else, something with a bit of spice

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for offering to hunt the article out, I'm quite sure you already sent me the endurance J series one when I got the 1st ZXR

I found it quite surprising just how different the H1 and H2 are, not that many interchangeable s considering they look pretty much the same bar swingarm.

Sounds like there is a bit of a story behind your keeping the neighbours at bay comment! It's a problem with kawasakis, the cops know they are the fastest bikes out there lol

Yeah, tin arse for sure on the motor and bits, makes up for most of my race parts turning out to be GPX750 parts (heads and cams), all ones that I could not use due to the different valve actuation system allowing for down draft carbs on the H1

Spice eh, lots of spices come in green?!

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    In amongst the mass of mags & other bits n pieces I've got it's there somewhere but will try hunting it out It was loosely based around some of TKA's work with the ZXRs but made reference to KHI race program for the H1 & H2s. Also got a comprehensive article on a later model ZXR (J1 or J2) used in endurance racing that Kawasaki France (maybe??) put together about the same era that Aaron Slight & Rob Phillis campaigned ZXRs in the Aussie Superbikes

The H1 factory race kit cost either $7kUS or $12kUS at the time which made it a rare piece. Though the following year the H2 sported most of the items stock, that's why the H2 is rated @120hp and the H1 @105hp

Nah my old girl got sold in the pursuit of keeping my licence & keeping the neighbours at bay; she's getting ready to be punted around Ruapuna though (should have done it myself TBH )

Tin-ass scoring all those parts snapped cam-chain that's what started my spiral into fettling my old girl I wasn't lucky though, 6 bent valves

I'm not far off ditching the 1100 for something else, something with a bit of spice

Thread Information