Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Doctors - excellent service

Bike
    2023 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401
    Well, I gave George, of Motorcycle Doctors a call to book in a FULL service. So it's all booked for the 24/02.
    I'm also getting new rear brake pads done as well.
    So I'll report back on the results.
    Pretty happy so far, he was helpful on the phone, and it was nice and easy to set up an appointment.

Really good to have someone who will come to me, whether that be at home or at work, most convenient.

Bike

Thumbs up

Just had the full service done this morning.
    Very impressed. George arrived exactly on time, and put a good 5 hours of hard work in: New brake pads, new brake fluid, new spark plugs, oil/filter, sync'd the carbs, which were out quite a bit.
    He also showed me how to correctly adjust the chain - mine is worn and has a bad tight spot that I hadn't accounted for when I adjusted it...
    Will definitely use his services again.
    In fact, for the hassle of disposing of the oil and the time, it's almost worth getting George to do even the smaller services.

The bike is immediately and noticably running much better now! It idles more smoothly and revs better.

Next on the list then is new tires, then new chain, then full service of front forks. I definitely won't attempt the forks myself.

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    What kind of cost are we talking here? a silver service at a honda dealer for a single cylinder was about 200 from memory...is George more/less expensive? If it's not much more it sounds like he's alot more thorough than the dealers, which I've found to do a less than great job (spilt brake fluid on handlebars, didn't replace air filter element)

Bike
    97 T595
    give george a ring,hes very good,youll use his services well after hes done his magic.

Bike

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    What kind of cost are we talking here? a silver service at a honda dealer for a single cylinder was about 200 from memory...is George more/less expensive? If it's not much more it sounds like he's alot more thorough than the dealers, which I've found to do a less than great job (spilt brake fluid on handlebars, didn't replace air filter element)
    I've got a price breakdown at home... I'm at work, but I'll check it later and let you know. I don't know what a silver service entails, exactly.
    I'm pretty sure his value is very good, and he really does a good job - treats the bike like it were his own. And knows his stuff.

Bike
    nope ... gone burger
    Hi All

Out of respect to George for all the good work that he has been doing for us I'd like to ask that nobody posts details of pricing in here.

The reason is simple - every bike model is slightly different - what labour and parts costs are involved in servicing a VTR250 will differ to the new Ninja 250 which differs to the Hyosung 250's. Just as my R1 is different to a CBR1000.

If somebody wishes to use him all they need to do is pick up the phone and dial a free call number - George can then tell them first hand what to expect.

Best Regards
    Shane

.... back in green and feeling great ....

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Out of respect to George for all the good work that he has been doing for us I'd like to ask that nobody posts details of pricing in here.

The reason is simple - every bike model is slightly different - what labour and parts costs are involved in servicing a VTR250 will differ to the new Ninja 250 which differs to the Hyosung 250's. Just as my R1 is different to a CBR1000.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by samgab View Post
    I'm pretty sure his value is very good, and he really does a good job - treats the bike like it were his own. And knows his stuff.
    That's what really counts.
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    NinjaNanna is quite correct, I used George last Wednesday on my ol' XJ650 that needed a mighty fine service and tune up. He quoted me a price and upon arrival I asked a few more things and gave him the go ahead to which he noted the price increase, of course it was intended but it was nice of him to mention it, as some people just don't seem to think in that regard.

He has transformed the bike completely! I'm not very mechanically inclined but I'm using this bike to figure my way around, he did all the parts I could not, he explained why the XJ was only running on 3 cylinders sometimes, he even went as far as to get out his diary and draw me a description of how carbs work and why the plug on that particular cylinder was completely black. Now I know how it works and he had absolutely no problems with me hovering around like a humming bird looking intently at what he's doing.

I never thought the XJ650 would ride so well to be honest, he even gave me not one, but TWO courtesy calls to make sure the plug was okay and if the bike was running well, he will be getting my money from now on.

Oh and for what he done (which was a LOT), the price was far more reasonable that I had imagined.

Bike

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Hi All

Yeah, seems fair. I agree. Regardless, his prices are very reasonable, especially considering the meticulous care and quality job.

Bike
    Honda VTR 250Y
    Had a front/rear sprocket and chain change done by George.

Immaculate job, and a friendly bugger to boot. Will definitely be putting all my future business through him, and recommending anyone looking for the same level of service to him.

Having your job done on site (while I was at work in this case) is extremely convenient. I hate being without my baby for the day, and this way I was able to ride her home that night.

AA++ will trade again .etc

Bike
    2007,Kawasaki, zx10r

Special on standard service !!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your support and feedback. Just to let you know, we are having a special for the months of March and April - Free oil and oil filter with every standard service!
    For details on the service schedules and prices, please email me - george@motorcycle-doctors.co.nz.

Bike
    Lil Tricycle

Thread Digger Here

Just came across this now.

George comes highly recommended, I've been dealing with George for many years now and he has never let me down.

Genuine bloke and does a awesome job on bikes. He's been in the industry for about 10 years and has the highest qualification in Motorcycle Engineering NZ has to offer.

But most of all he really knows his stuff and does a awesome job, priced really well as well. Sensible and practical approach. Highly recommended.

In fact I can't count on any shops doing a thorough job as him and only touches my bike!

Alvin

Bike
    2005 Yamaha MT01
    I had George do a carb strip\service\balance on my bike last week (and it's got 4 carbs) He said he would be be there at 10.30 and at 10.30 he arrived. He worked all day without a break (I kept making him coffee and offering him food but he just kept working) Anyway the bike goes sweet now, he rang back the next day to check all was OK and called in to have a look at the colour of the plugs today.
    Couldn't ask for better service!! And the price was very fair.
    HIGHLY recommended!

Bike
    ZX10R

Thumbs up

Thanks for sorting my lights last night

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    well since I've been hearing so many good things about them, today I had the Hooligan serviced by Motorcycle Doctors.

Big ups to George. I had a super service done - 50 000km. Came to my house, on the day I wanted, servicing and diagnosting the bike in my garage. Got to watch, ask questions and received constructive answers. Standard and aftermarket parts also available so am possibly getting a few "goodies" put on in near future too.

The hooligan got checked and adjusted with all the minor and major things, including valve clearances, compression, cylynders, spark plugs, most fluids changed etc etc ...you name it he did it.

Even tho the bike was in good condition to start with, the slight tweaks here and there made it feel like a rocket again, itching for that trottle to burst open. It was a hoon just getting to uni for a lecture in the avo

I for sure will be a returning customer.

A big Thanks MD

edit: they also do free pick up in auckland if you happen to brake down - isnt that awesome
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Thread Information