Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Doctors - excellent service

Bike
    GSX1400 K7

Anyone used Motorcycle Doctors?

I'm thinking of getting a major service done on my CBR6, I emailed George at Motorcycle Doctors (who have a link here on KB) and he's given me a decent quote. Just wanting to know if anyone has used them for work and had any experiences, good or bad with them???

Bike
    GSX1400 K7
    Sorry about this obvious bump guys

Bike
    ET-05 ZX6RR,08 ZX10-R A Green One
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiey View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a major service done on my CBR6, I emailed George at Motorcycle Doctors (who have a link here on KB) and he's given me a decent quote. Just wanting to know if anyone has used them for work and had any experiences, good or bad with them???

Today Gary came out to my place and did some work to the bike,turns out the cam timing need tweaking,to cut a long story short he went hard out,we had the cams out so I could show him how the marks were set when it was degreed and back together,double checked valve clearances,checked the balance and then hooked up his Kawasaki KDU except it turns out with a race ecu needs it a different cable and prog but hes getting one sorted.
    Test ride ...more or less the first time ive been on the bike for 3 mths was fun.Down the road and back past the house nailed...back wheel spinning up on the wet patchs...front coming up..oh yeah
    Did it a couple of times (rural) back in and Gary sez geez take it easy mate..lol...BIG SMILE
    So if your after a mobile guy who's a good thourgh mechanic to service your bike get hold of him I recommend him and for what it worth and I was Automachining for 25 years so there... (you'll have to turn a blind eye to his logo on my trackday fairings...)
    Last edited by icekiwi; 9th October 2008 at 22:33. Reason: cause I could and i forgot to say i;ve got the next 3 days off to ride...
    Quote Originally Posted by peasea View Post
    It could be argued that to put anyone on a ZX10 is "just stupid".

CNC Machining,Precision Engineering,Thermal Coatings/Metalization,
    Msg me....

Bike
    2007,Kawasaki, zx10r

Motorcycle Doctors?

Originally Posted by jamiey

Today Gary came out to my place and did some work to the bike,turns out the cam timing need tweaking,to cut a long story short he went hard out,we had the cams out so I could show him how the marks were set when it was degreed and back together,double checked valve clearances,checked the balance and then hooked up his Kawasaki KDU except it turns out with a race ecu needs it a different cable and prog but hes getting one sorted.
    Test ride ...more or less the first time ive been on the bike for 3 mths was fun.Down the road and back past the house nailed...back wheel spinning up on the wet patchs...front coming up..oh yeah
    Did it a couple of times (rural) back in and Gary sez geez take it easy mate..lol...BIG SMILE
    So if your after a mobile guy who's a good thourgh mechanic to service your bike get hold of him I recommend him and for what it worth and I was Automachining for 25 years so there... (you'll have to turn a blind eye to his logo on my trackday fairings...)

Msg me....

Bike
    Buell Xb12x, SR500

Thumbs up motorcycle doctors

hey all.
    george has been rebuilding the front end on one of my new sr500s.
    he's done a great job - kept me well informed as some problems arose (turns out there had been a bad previous repair) and the experience has been great.
    his prices are fair - and he's not one to just order a huge swag of parts to fix the problem.
    it's nice to deal with someone who is doing his best to make a good repair without spending huge money.
    AND he comes to you!
    highly recommended.

ken
    I am Jack's complete lack of remorse .

Bike
    ZX10R

Smile

Hi everyone, Just to let you know if you need a mobile mechanic call motorcycle doctors.
    Thy provide AAAA++++ service, my ZX10 is on the road again running like new.

Sam

Bike
    Cage
    I would also like to recommend Motorcycle Doctors to just about anyone. Their work is pretty much guaranteed since they work on your bike at the place of your choosing (within auckland). You can actually see what they're doing and ask questions about their methods (which I think is great for people like me who know nothing else but basic maintenance about bike mechanics)

Another plus is that since they are a mobile mechanic service it saves you money on transport (i.e. if your bike is out of commission then you don't have to pay to get it towed to a bike shop).

Last but not least is that they can compile a history of your bike's performance/servicing. I had a standard service done to my SV650 about a week ago and George was kind enough to provide me a printed hardcopy of all the relevant performance and service statistics for my bike. That way it is easier to track changes in performance and pinpoint the exact problem (if any) that may arise in the future.

Oh and it was very competitively priced as well (I won't quote mine since I think it is bike specific).

Bike
    ET-05 ZX6RR,08 ZX10-R A Green One
    George is a top guy alright...and like the guys above have said he does a good job and rates are very reasonable..
    And he comes to you..
    I would recommend him to anyone...
    Quote Originally Posted by peasea View Post
    It could be argued that to put anyone on a ZX10 is "just stupid".

Msg me....

Bike
    GSX1400 K7

Motorcycle Doctors. +1 Great service

Recently had George from Motorcycle Doctors to do some work on my bike. I found out about them thro their advert on here KB.

Just thought I'd share the top customer service I recieved. Heaps better than my local dealers. George from MD is a very experienced mechanic, took heaps of care doing the work and was very thorough, went out of his way too to do some extra little jobs on the bike for me without adding stacks to my bill.

Very impressed and would recommend them, i'll certainly be using them again and heaps cheaper than dealers. Plus with all the work been done in my own garage saves me heaps of pissing about and could see exactly what was been done.

Nice one

Bike
    :-( none at present
    does he have a web site or catalog?
    If you are behind meDont ask as I am lost too.

Bike
    XJR 1300
    yup good to here that..
    .xjr....."What's with all the lights"..officer..

Bike
    GSX1400 K7
    Quote Originally Posted by portokiwi View Post
    does he have a web site or catalog?
    I just followed the link here on KB, but I think its

www.motorcycle-doctors.co.nz

Bike
    GSX1400 K7
    MD just been back today to finish a few jobs. He got the bike running the sweetest it's ever been. Paid my bill without that usual feeling that i'd been stung. I was even pleasantly surprised at how much my bill was after all the work he had done, would have been double the price at my dealer. And shit dealer customer service. Highly recommended to everyone.

Looks like others agree to

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...rcycle+doctors

Bike
    ZX10R
    hi there, I used them to, excellent service my bike is running like new again

Bike
    1998 rg150
    Yea i just got a service on my rg150. runs so much better now wasnt to pricey either. really good

Thread Information