Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Doctors - excellent service

Bike
    2003,Kawasaki ZX-9R

Red face

Ye George is really great,gave my bike a birthday after I bought it.Worked like a Trojan all day long on it.Reasonable cost to.He is going to do some more work on the carbs to get her running sweet as they are worn and need some tweaking.He garantees his work and if your not happy he will come back and fix it for free.

Bike
    TF125
    George did some work for me today. Absolutely superb service, communication and a genuine interest in doing what's best for my bike and my budget. My only regret is not finding Motorcycle Doctors sooner, but that's another story.

I'll keep using him and would suggest you do the same if you're looking for a workshop service that doesn't treat you like a job-card.

Bike
    nope ... gone burger

Thumbs up Motorcycle Doctors - excellent service

Just thought I'd let you know about my experience with George from Motorcycle Doctors.

What an absolute delight, he did the 10,000km service on my 04 R1 just prior to Christmas - great service and great price. The single biggest thing that I appreciated the most was that he actually speaks to you and doesn't let you feel that it is below him or a waste of his time in doing so. I'm sure most average Joe's can appreciate this isn't really all that common at a dealler - sure the Sales Guy is more than happy to talk but try and have a conversation with the mechanic and it's not very comfortable (especially if you're not that mechanical yourself).

What really tipped the scales for me and made me want to put this thread up is that yesterday I had 2 missed calls (but no voicemessage) from a number I didn't recognise. I recieved another call from the number this morning and loe and behold it was George just ringing to check that I was happy and everything was great with the bike. THATs 3 phone calls just to check that I'm happy.

To me that is EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE - thank you George - you will get all of my business!

.... back in green and feeling great ....

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    I have to agree, he came out and serviced my bike yesturday, it needs a new chain, and some rubber sleeve which he's coming back out to me to fit at cost- no extra charge for coming back out......I must say i'm pretty impressed!
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Just thought I'd let you know about my experience with George from Motorcycle Doctors.

What an absolute delight, he did the 10,000km service on my 04 R1 just prior to Christmas - great service and great price. The single biggest thing that I appreciated the most was that he actually speaks to you and doesn't let you feel that it is below him or a waste of his time in doing so. I'm sure most average Joe's can appreciate this isn't really all that common at a dealler - sure the Sales Guy is more than happy to talk but try and have a conversation with the mechanic and it's not very comfortable (especially if you're not that mechanical yourself).

What really tipped the scales for me and made me want to put this thread up is that yesterday I had 2 missed calls (but no voicemessage) from a number I didn't recognise. I recieved another call from the number this morning and loe and behold it was George just ringing to check that I was happy and everything was great with the bike. THATs 3 phone calls just to check that I'm happy.

To me that is EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE - thank you George - you will get all of my business!
    how much was the service?
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    TF125
    He's bloody good alright. I rang him on Monday, he said he was due back at work on Wednesday but was booked up all week. I got a call yesterday afternoon, he had some spare time and was able to fit me in (so to speak).

My only gripe is that George keeps telling me that my bike needs a clean . It's just fine the way it is George, dirty is good .

Bike
    nope ... gone burger
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    how much was the service?
    I'd suspect it varys a little from bike to bike so give him a call - he quoted me over the phone so I knew what I was up for before I made the booking.

Bike
    nope ... gone burger
    My single biggest reservation in recommending him is that he's so good as word spreads it'll get harder and harder to get a booking - damn word of mouth!!!!

Bike
    02 Hayabusa K1
    Good stuff to hear

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    I'd suspect it varys a little from bike to bike so give him a call - he quoted me over the phone so I knew what I was up for before I made the booking.
    I found him to be a bit cheaper- and I trust him to do a better job than a shop, he really took his time with my bike, went over every square inch, without rushing it, he was straight-up with me, and super convenient him coming to me.
    I'm a walking talking advertisement for the guy now. I will always use him I think now he's too particular not to. Every bike shop iv'e ever been to just seem to rush it and over-charge and can't wait to get you out the dorr.
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    yea i have a booking for monday, he seems quite srtaight up, my service (12000km on my hyosung) is $200+gst and he is also fitting a new chain and sprocket set for about $80 he said (i already have the parts)

now this is cheaper than Mt Eden motorcycles

Ive only heard good things about him and the fact that he come to us is a big help!

Thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    you dont get 180+ hp out of 998cc by being nice to trees.

Bike
    TF125
    as word spreads it'll get harder and harder to get a booking
    The next hour or so is out, He's on his way back here now. Me boike should be all sorted in time for the ride tomorrow!

Bike
    nope ... gone burger
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
    I found him to be a bit cheaper- and I trust him to do a better job than a shop, he really took his time with my bike, went over every square inch, without rushing it, he was straight-up with me, and super convenient him coming to me.
    I'm a walking talking advertisement for the guy now. I will always use him I think now he's too particular not to. Every bike shop iv'e ever been to just seem to rush it and over-charge and can't wait to get you out the dorr.
    same here - he certainly has my confidence

Bike
    nope ... gone burger
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    The next hour or so is out, He's on his way back here now. Me boike should be all sorted in time for the ride tomorrow!
    an hour hey? well that just enough time to wash it

Bike
    nope ... gone burger
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    I saw you missed the Northland Loop on the weekend but then saw you post about George in another thread.

I assume your carbs are now sorted and your a happy camper?

Thread Information