Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Tonne racing leathers

Bike
    1998 YZF1000 R1, 2001 YZ250FN, 1981 MT50

verdict

I used them in the weekend. They are comfy enough. They are water proof enough. the only sad thing was that the main zipper dome broke leaving them dependent on the zipper to do all the work. pretty minor, just annoying. I fitted a new dome and all is well.
    THE ROLE OF THE INFANTRY

"To seek out and close with the enemy; to kill or capture him; to seize and hold ground; to repel attack, by day or night, regardless of season, weather or terrain."

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by STOLLI R1 View Post
    I used them in the weekend. They are comfy enough. They are water proof enough. the only sad thing was that the main zipper dome broke leaving them dependent on the zipper to do all the work. pretty minor, just annoying. I fitted a new dome and all is well.
    Testing is in the crashing
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    the fun part

got any pants to go with my rapid blue jacket for cheap/ on sale??
    is <3 supposed to be a heart or an ass hat?

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Reido View Post
    the fun part

got any pants to go with my rapid blue jacket for cheap/ on sale??
    nothing on special right now dude sorry got some racer 9 ones I can do something with, send me a pm with your waist mate(hate to be accused of off topicing)

Bike
    1998 YZF1000 R1, 2001 YZ250FN, 1981 MT50
    Hmmm, testing is in the crashing you say... quite right. However, I don't fancy testing my fairings and handlebars and insurance policy and my wife's ability to lock me out of the house, to make sure the stitching holds together.
    All things come to those who wait... I'm happy to wait.
    THE ROLE OF THE INFANTRY

"To seek out and close with the enemy; to kill or capture him; to seize and hold ground; to repel attack, by day or night, regardless of season, weather or terrain."

Bike
    R6
    Hmmm, testing is in the crashing you say... quite right. However, I don't fancy testing my fairings and handlebars and insurance policy and my wife's ability to lock me out of the house, to make sure the stitching holds together.
    could allways get your knew down out of a car passenger seat, and slide off..
    i found sliding across the ground to be quite fun
    is <3 supposed to be a heart or an ass hat?

Bike
    Thinking
    I reckon, hold off on that forever if you can, wrecking a R1 is next to sacrilage

Bike
    L0 RMZ250, Aprilia RS250/SuperMono673
    Hey Quasi
    My Racer 9 gear has developed a bit of mould fungus growth after being stored in a pile in the garage for a few months...whats the best way to clean mould off leather cause it keeps growing back!????

By the way potential leather buyers, iv taken two slides in Quasi gear and never torn any stitching open.
    RMZ#88

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    Hey Quasi
    My Racer 9 gear has developed a bit of mould fungus growth after being stored in a pile in the garage for a few months...whats the best way to clean mould off leather cause it keeps growing back!????

By the way potential leather buyers, iv taken two slides in Quasi gear and never torn any stitching open.
    mate thats not good, Leather needs to be in a dry place, the only thing you can do is use a light bleach solution to kill the spores (now in the leather), dont bath the gear in it use sparingly with a rag and wipe of and clean it again with a mild detergent then a leather treatment/ conditioner like Mothers leather conditioner.

Once mouldy its hard to get it out. but give it a go, failing that get babyB to do it for you.

Let me know how ya get on okay

Bike
    `
    Sorry to go off topic for a second, but I've got something I want to ask Quasi-Do you actually make the leathers your self or just own the buisness/pay the workers? Just curious

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by wbks View Post
    Sorry to go off topic for a second, but I've got something I want to ask Quasi-Do you actually make the leathers your self or just own the buisness/pay the workers? Just curious
    We design and specify all the Qmoto range here in NZ and pay our Factory (we have a financal interest in the factory) to make them on our behalf kinda the same as many brands
    We visit our factory once a year to go over issues and future designs and improvements as well as scope out whats going on in the industry.
    To make leathers to our standard in NZ would be price prohibitive to the point where it would not be feesable, additionally it would be nigh on impossible to cost effectively make and develop moulds for TPU and titanium armours, so there you go mate

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    I went out there to check them over before making up my mind.
    You get what you pay for in non major brands, major brands you pay a lot for the name and hopefully reputation and quality follow.
    I never purchased them in the end. The fit was weird and I am as standard a size as they come, the quality was comparable to the price but what value do you put on yourself?
    Personally I think I am worth more than 1 Tonne/Mohsin leathers, you might not be though.
    Cheap leathers are cheap leathers. Putting some decent dollars into good riding gear will eventually repay you, in longevity and in case of accident.
    Some of my kit is 15+ years old and now the premium I payed back then seems like a bargin.

I ended up getting some Quasi pants and a good as new Natural Wear jacket, had them professionally adjusted, had one spill and done 50,000+ kms and all good so far.
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    89 Honda VFR400
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgyiti View Post
    the quality was comparable to the price but what value do you put on yourself?
    Thats a bit of a silly thing to say. Going by that logic nobody would ever drive anything other than a new BMW (or equivalent), as everything else may be not as safe.

And if we are still talking about how much value do I put on myself, $385 + P&H - making me a bargain

The 1tonne one-piece I got was very good value for money. Meaning at a 1/3 of the price, it is probably 3/4 the quality of expensive suits. Which, to me at least, makes it very good buying, at a quality which exceeds what I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgyiti View Post
    Putting some decent dollars into good riding gear will eventually repay you, in longevity and in case of accident.
    Some of my kit is 15+ years old and now the premium I payed back then seems like a bargin.
    True, you never remember the price (just like a good concert), but not everybody can buy Alpinestars stuff from the get go. And Im big on strong 'gut feelings', so if you dont feel good about buying 1tonne stuff, then that in itself is reason enough to not. Having faith in what you are wearing/riding/doing makes a huge difference with pretty much everything.

That said, I am using it, and Ill happily continue, until someone wants to sponsor me, or I win lotto (or even a decent scratchie win may do it)

Bottom line is this stuff is cheap as chips, and will save your ass in a crash.

Bike
    2004 YZF-R1 & ZXR 750 trackbike
    All my mates and Son have heaps of gear from 1Ton gr8 vaule for money and every one is more than happy
    www.subznz.co.nz
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    I work with a couple of people who wear 1 tonne leathers. One had a majorish crash and the other a minor off. In both cases the gear stood up very well and they are more than happy with their purchase.
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Thread Information