Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Tonne racing leathers

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Benk View Post
    Thats a bit of a silly thing to say.

Maybe, people spend thousands on their bikes and then buy buget gear.
    Not so much the good folk on this site because they are keen motorcyclists.
    But all the time I see on the road a 10K+ bike ridden by a person in 1K gear.
    Just seems to me a little wrong. When a friend was getting ready to buy a bike he asked my advice about what bike- I took him to get the gear first, then said his buget was whatever was leftover from that.
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    89 Honda VFR400
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgyiti View Post
    I took him to get the gear first, then said his buget was whatever was leftover from that.
    Personally Id go for the cooler bike

Fair enough though. Each to there own. I just would hate people to think they needed to spend 2g to have any sort of decent protection, which is not at all the case.

Bike
    Pure coolness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benk View Post
    I just would hate people to think they needed to spend 2g to have any sort of decent protection, which is not at all the case.

2g?,they gonna have to buy a car to be safer..
    Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the side effects of horsepower.

'Fast' Harleys are only fast compared to stock Harleys.

Bike
    89 Honda VFR400
    Quote Originally Posted by nallac View Post
    2g?,they gonna have to buy a car to be safer..
    Not really pal. Thats pretty conservative if your siding with the 'need to buy the best to be protected' argument.

Alpinestars 1piece is over 2g. Plus 500 for boots. Plus 400 for gloves. Plus 1g for a helmet. Wont be much left over for a bike at this rate...

Bike
    Pure coolness...
    shit 4k + for gear, that would of left me, hmm lets see after gear costs,0$ to buy my first bike..

while i'd love to have the desposable income for top of the range gear i don't.
    Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the side effects of horsepower.

'Fast' Harleys are only fast compared to stock Harleys.

Bike
    89 Honda VFR400
    Quote Originally Posted by nallac View Post
    shit 4k + for gear, that would of left me, hmm lets see after gear costs,0$ to buy my first bike..

while i'd love to have the desposable income for top of the range gear i don't.
    Precisely man. Same for me. Thats my point. That's why 1tonne stuff is so good for people like us.

Bike
    '04 Road Bike & '87 Track Hack
    Personally I think I am worth more than 1 Tonne/Mohsin leathers, you might not be though.
    Wow, you've managed to make yourself sound like a complete wanker!

And Quasievil, you've made a good go at slagging off other manufacturers. How about you try and be professional/ethical and let people decide for themselves now
    One in four people are unbalanced. Think of three friends - if they seem OK then you're the one!

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by JamRoll View Post
    Wow, you've managed to make yourself sound like a complete wanker!
    What a load of shite... you're the one looking ike a wanker here...

I went out there to check them over before making up my mind.
    He actually went and looked...
    I never purchased them in the end. The fit was weird and I am as standard a size as they come, the quality was comparable to the price but what value do you put on yourself?
    Made a judgement based on what was in front of him...
    Personally I think I am worth more than 1 Tonne/Mohsin leathers, you might not be though.
    Then formed an opinion based on the evidence in front of him and was generous enough to share it with us.

Pull your head in ya Kike.

Bike
    Black Donkey
    Who needs top of the line gear when we have ACC to patch us back up? if I went out and bought the gear I wanted I wouldn't have funds for a bike. Personally I'd rather spend money on a nice bike that I enjoy riding and buying good quality affordable gear as I can afford it. People have done ok for years with just a helmet for protection, so a few months without jacket, pants and boots won't kill us not that the gear would prevent that anyway.

And no Jamroll, I don't think Dondgyiti sound like a wanker, he's just presenting his personal opinion and respect to him for doing so.

Bike
    It was the "I am worth more.." comment that sounded wanky instead of saying I wasn't impressed with the quality or I'd rather have these features...blah blah.
    Thats my opinion on his opinion
    One in four people are unbalanced. Think of three friends - if they seem OK then you're the one!

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by JamRoll View Post
    And Quasievil, you've made a good go at slagging off other manufacturers. How about you try and be professional/ethical and let people decide for themselves now
    I did.........okay...not sure where, thought I was answering questions.
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    89 Honda VFR400
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    I did.........okay...not sure where, thought I was answering questions.
    In this instance I think you have showed great restraint and been very well behaved

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Pull your head in ya Kike.
    What's with the anti-semitism? Are you a fuckin Nazi or something?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    If there's someone in the Wellington area that wants a cheap set of leathers PM me. Dusty at 'Leda' reckons they could be AGV Sport (no labels).
    Plain black, no CE armour but zips in the knees for some. Should fit someone up to 182 and say up to 80 kg. Still good to save some skin.

I will do a trademe thingy sometime but a local can have first dibs. Gaz.

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Hi all. Our $385.00 suit is a very good value for money suit that many people have purchased for track days and road riding. It has been a number of bins and to my knowledge all of the riders have been happy with how the suit performed. If someone wants to do full on racing however, I advise purchasing the GP Tech2 suit as it is an amazing suit that is very, very hard to beat. You won't be able to tell the differance between the very high end suits and our GP Tech2 suit. The reason you won't find a differance is because there is none. We have it made by one of the high end manufacturers.
    I hope this helps. Cheers.

Thread Information