Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding peace.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by MsKABC View Post
    *sighs*
    Ladies and gentlemen, here we see the genius (much as I hate to admit it) of MBB.

Not only does he get to have a good old wank in public, it has the side effect of pulling every female in range into his fan club.

Which, as I'm sure I don't need to point out, is a handy thing to be doing when you're about to come onto the market.

(I'm not doing my fan base any good here, am I...)
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    CBR600F
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    Not only does he get to have a good old wank in public, it has the side effect of pulling every female in range into his fan club.

Which, as I'm sure I don't need to point out, is a handy thing to be doing when you're about to come onto the market.
    As you well know matey, I'm a happily married woman.

Well I'd take MBB over you any given Sunday, but then I am quite picky.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    I'm illustrating my point, not implying that you'd be involved personally.

Well I'd take MBB over you any given Sunday...
    Quod erat motherfucking demonstrandum.
    - mikey

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Good. That's an improvement on maudlin circular thinking right there innit?

Now all you have to do is mix yourself another drink and decide whether or not to dump her.

Don't do it via txt, though. That's just uncivilised.
    No, you have her and my roles the wrong way around.

Anything is better than maudlin circular thinking, hence my post...
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    Well my fine be-leathered friend, sounds like you have come across that precipice in your life and with all the things going for you, others may not see what you have to gripe about.

But you know your wizened soul better and you have managed to find some kernel of self control to realise that scoot is not what you needed. You find solace in a quantum of travel, fanging your ride through parts unknown, taking yourself to another part of the country where you can find some answers to it all.

Even finding no answers is an answer in itself.

I'm glad you still have the cranial capacity to be able to cogitate your dissonance into a representation of sorts! I think you will find yourself on a sentimental journey, a paradise lost that you are searching for - in the best traditions of Wordsworth and Milton.

You are Gulliver, espying different perspectives from different scenarios, yet ending up faced with fundamental situations. What the hell am I doing? Why the hell am I doing it and where the hell to from here?

In betwixt this, you have responsibilities. Not to yourself, but to the people that depend on you having your head screwed on to make the right decisions to ensure that they have a roof over their heads, food on their plates and providing for their dependents.

I have no doubt you have already realised this, grappled with the fact that it's all down to you and you need to keep forging ahead for that.

As for your own headspace, I hope there is the measured calm and benevolent wry sense of the absurd and incongruous that will keep you keeping on!

Enjoy the scenery, enjoy the change of pace, enjoy the fine food and enjoy looking back to riding scoot again in the right headspace! When you come back, come ride along with the Hornet Swarm and enjoy a more leisurely way of biking, resplendent with stupid stories, good company and mayhap a little bit of riding!

May the fair gods of riding grant you permission to ride scoot again and may Pandora's box be closed for you sometime soon!
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    No, you have her and my roles the wrong way around.
    Then pre-empt that motherfucker!

[YOUTUBE]NHOf3s70w-c[/YOUTUBE]

Anything is better than maudlin circular thinking, hence my post...
    Hence mine.
    - mikey

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    The problem here methinks is driving something as common as a belmont beemer and riding a piece of exotica.Mixed signals,even for the Nth Isle.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries

Well I'd take MBB over you any given Sunday, but then I am quite picky.
    Thanks for two things - it is possible to be happily married, and thanks for liking me over JRandom. Aside from his cynical wit and the big thing between his legs (if it's 1400cc, why is it so slow??), he is strangely attractive to the opposite sex...
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Ladies and gentlemen, here we see the genius (much as I hate to admit it) of MBB.

Its ok.. your fan base cant read yet...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    The problem here methinks is driving something as common as a belmont beemer and riding a piece of exotica.Mixed signals,even for the Nth Isle.
    The car is a grudge buy, I've spent more on my Yoshi bling than the Silver Slug is worth... The bike is the priority, right??!

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    if it's 1400cc, why is it so slow??
    Aircooled, plus soft valve and ignition timing, plus the bastard literally weighs a quarter ton.

Take her out for a few laps at the next MotoTT day if you like. It's good fun. Different feeling when the bike's the limitation rather than your own capability. Not that she can't go faster than I can ride her, of course, just that she can't go an order of magnitude faster, etc.
    - mikey

Bike
    The mighty Zephyr
    Blog Entries

Yeah, 'cause we women love a project.

I'm still finding my way round these boards, I'll call him a cunt next time if that's the accepted protocol :P

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    The car is a grudge buy, I've spent more on my Yoshi bling than the Silver Slug is worth... The bike is the priority, right??!
    Absolutly....................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N_rNz2oAGA
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    *The Streets - Dry Your Eyes*
    I'm listening to this on loop now, by the way.

Great song.

Watch that music video, folks.
    - mikey

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gijoe1313 View Post
    Well my fine be-leathered friend, sounds like you have come across that precipice in your life and with all the things going for you, others may not see what you have to gripe about.

But you know your wizened soul better and you have managed to find some kernel of self control to realise that scoot is not what you needed. You find solace in a quantum of travel, fanging your ride through parts unknown, taking yourself to another part of the country where you can find some answers to it all.

Even finding no answers is an answer in itself.
    Life is so much about perspective and the value and values that you place on the things and the people around you. I have enough bucks to keep eating pies at each pitstop on our journeys, but little more; I still run out of cash midway through the month like everyone else after paying the bills. Would I swap in a heartbeat for the friends and lives whom I embrace but envy in their luck with realtionships and family? In a heartbeat. But life doesn't work like that, and the dice, like the bike, roll to their own accord.

The more I travel and know, the less I understand. Finding no answers is useful, but not the endpoint.

GIJoe - we're all escaping or moving towards something - like I said; perspective.

Thread Information