Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Yamaha Scorpio 225 review

Bike
    2010 Kawasaki Concours ZG1400
    Hey I didn't make any mention of "rubbing vaseline into my parts"

I merely suggested wiping it sparingly onto your bits.

Bike
    Er6n
    You guys had any problem with a screeching noise when riding at over 70ks? Dropped my bike off to the shop because of it, just curious as to whether anyone that owns one has had a similar problem.

Bike
    Not personally but I have heard of at least 2 other people with the same problem.
    On KB here Bezajel started a thread about it http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99119
    A bit down the page she mentiones the high pitched noise.
    The 2 cases I heard of previously were both the speedo cables. Sounds to me like yours and Bezajel might be the same. That would make 4 cases I have heard of if this is so.
    A bit of vaseline for lubrication of the internals might help.

Bike
    Er6n
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloggy View Post
    A bit of vaseline for lubrication of the internals might help.
    Infatuated much by Vaseline? Thanks dude.

Bike
    2007 Yamaha Scorpio
    I've have a 2007 Scorpio since new and haven't had a screeching noise - touch wood.

Bike
    2007 Yamaha Scorpio

Screens

Anyone got a screen for their Scorpio? I was thinking of getting one but don't know what it would look like - wondering about the size mainly. Don't want anything too small so that it doesn't do the job, but also not too big since the Scorpio isn't a big bike and it might look silly...

Bike
    The only ones I have seen here in NZ are these ones. Not the best pic but you might get the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05512.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	131286  

Bike
    2007 Yamaha Scorpio
    Hmmm, that screen is very vertical - I'm not sure it looks that great. Wouldn't mind a pack rack like that too.

Bike
    Yep those pack racks are great. I got one of those almost immediately after getting the bike.
    Not cheap, but well worth it. Made in NZ and they fit beautifully.
    http://www.ventura-bike.com/fitments.aspx?modelid=955

Bike
    2007 Yamaha Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloggy View Post
    Yep those pack racks are great. I got one of those almost immediately after getting the bike.
    Not cheap, but well worth it. Made in NZ and they fit beautifully.
    http://www.ventura-bike.com/fitments.aspx?modelid=955
    How much do they cost?

Bike
    2007 Yamaha Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by gumboots4eva View Post
    Anyone got a screen for their Scorpio? I was thinking of getting one but don't know what it would look like - wondering about the size mainly. Don't want anything too small so that it doesn't do the job, but also not too big since the Scorpio isn't a big bike and it might look silly...
    I had a screen but it's abit scratched up now. When I had it, it was good to duck under to get out of the wind. Especially here in welly

Bike
    I can't remember how much the rack cost me. But I think was somewhere around the $160 - $180 mark. Had it been more than that, I wouldn't have bought it. The rack itself is the cheap part as it is common to various models of bike. The expensive bits are the brackets custom made to fit each bike model.
    Just give TSS motorcycles a call in Alicetown and quote them the part numbers of the Ventura website. They will give you the cost. That is where I got mine from.

Bike
    2007 yamaha scorpio

Scorpio clutch

Morning all,

I'm new on this forum, go easy on this novice! ;-)

I have had my Scorpio for about 18 months. I really enjoy the bike and it's perfect for the work commute.
    However the clutch is giving me a bit of grief.
    When I use it on a Monday morning after it has been sitting unused for the weekend, it's like there is no clutch. When putting it into gear for the first time it jumps as if I hadn't engaged the clutch. After that first jump, it works fine. I have tried pumping the clutch lever a zillion times, but that makes no difference.
    Any ideas? The fluid level seems fine. I am far from being a mechanic, but hopefully there is an easy fix, else I will have to take it to the shop I guess....

Bike
    Try adjusting the cable. The clutch is actuated by a cable. The fluid you may be looking at is for the front brakes.
    The clutch cable can be adjusted at two different points. The easiest is at the clutch lever. Move the protective rubber boot and you will see the adjuster. Undo the large round nut and then turn the smaller one out a couple of turns (2 or 3). Do the large nut back up and try that. If not satisfactory adjust it some more. Don't wind the small nut out too far though, you can see how much thread there is left in the clutch lever. These nuts don't need tools to adjust.
    Another adjustment point is down the cable just below the carburettor. Follow the cable down and you will find it. This one requires a couple of spanners to adjust and you wouldn't normally adjust the clutch here unless you had run out of adjustment at the lever.

Bike
    2013 CRF250L & 2007 KLR650

Tale of two Scorpio's

Got two scorpios- one for the missus and one for me; mine is going great so far (coming up to 1000k). Best rust protection is a kiwi product called PROLAN- spray on to any chrome area and buff in- no rust will develop. It is a Lanolin product and absolutely rocks for all corrosion/lubrication needs. Top speed reached: 130kph with wind at back, gets up to 100kph easily, and has only minor vibrations at that speed. Tires have handled non-stop rain for the last month with no worries (love the WEST COAST!) While a great communter, I will seriously look at a Suzuki DR650 or Kawa KLR650 as the next step up. Coast roads are rubbish, so I'll avoid the sportbike temptation.

the second Scorpio: have had two mechanics try to get the idling right with no luck. The bike will not keep running when starting up, (choke on full). So the team at Filco have picked it up to have a crack....we'll see what happens.

Thread Information