Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2008 Yamaha Scorpio 225 review

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-07
    Thought I would give an update on my Scorpio 10 years on. The little bike has been super reliable, never failing to start. It is just coming up to 50,000km now and suffered its first mechanical issue, a snapped throttle cable. A new one was quickly obtained for $55 and the bike is happily chugging along again.

The paint and plastics still look like new, but the chrome has deteriorated considerably. The bike has consumed 4 rear tyres, one front tyre, 4 spark plugs, one fuel filter, one battery, and one set of front brake pads. I have been very good with oil and filter changes, so this has likely helped with its reliability. It still has its original chain and there is adjustment left.

Performance seems the same, but I can't really remember what it was like new.

I have now bought a Yamaha MT-07, but will keep the little Scorpio for commuting in heavy traffic until the MT is fully run in.
    He who rides fastest, rides alone.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    they're a rad bike alright!

Bike
    2010 Yamaha ScorpioZ
    I've just bought my third ScorpioZ, this one for the missus as we both have a 45min commute to our workplaces.

(My first was a blue 2007, I bought in 2009)

Anyway, I've fitted a 35w LED headlight bulb in mine, as I've had it since August 2021, but am wondering if anyone has successfully fitted a 60/55 H4 bulb?

I read somewhere that the existing wiring should be adequate, but as we both go to our respective workplaces before the sun rises, and we live out in the country, we'd both appreciate more light.

I'm hoping there are still some active users on here that can help.

Thanks,
    Rick

P.S. Pic taken this week!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220129_113438_capture(0).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	350504  

Thread Information