Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Classic bike gathering

Bike
    2007 HondaXL1000V Varadero and 14 others
    Seen the political baggage and outright bullshit quotient on this site???

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteJ View Post
    Folks, please don't confuse the Classic Racing Register's rules with the classic motorcycle movement. Many of the classic clubs (eg Tauranga Classic M/c Club, one of the largest and oldest in the country) have a rolling 25-year age limit, and accept machines of any national origin.

So my C102 (1961), CB77 (1965), XS650 Trackmaster (1971), XL250 (1973), RD400 (1977), CB400/4 (1977), and my CB1100F (1982) all fit for classic club rides.

Go on - let's take over some of the classic clubs. They have clubrooms and organisational structures, and now that some of the older guys are fading away, they could do with younger members, too.
    I would have any one of your bikes. In fact do you have any unmarried daughters, Dad?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I would have any one of your bikes. In fact do you have any unmarried daughters, Dad?
    No.

I expect that if you saw my OSSAs, you'd be asking about my sons, too....

Bike
    '76 BMW R90S
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteJ View Post
    Seen the political baggage and outright bullshit quotient on this site???

Yep, and now that the classic thing here on KB has its own subtype, I have a quicklink to it and don't generally go near the rest of the site. I'm naively hoping we can avoid that stuff here....

Meanwhile, here's a few piccies from our ride yesterday.

meeting at BP Bombay:
    Photobucket

at rest at Kaiaua:
    Photobucket

Bike
    I was another that had a hard time deciding about this run or the adventure riders' softcock latte ride yesterday.

Went on Crisis management's adv ride, and had a great time. No pics up yet....

The adv riders are by and large grown-ups, too. (I'm the exception...)

Bike
    FactoryPro EC997a
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Hey Guys ....a sponsor!!!
    Maybe we could all visit your shop for tea and bikkies one Saturday?
    My mate says you do the cleanable filters ?
    Tell us more....
    Gingernuts OK? or do I need to stock up on round wines?
    More than welcome but its self service for the tea.
    BMC and DNA filters, generally for late model Euro and Japanese bikes. Pod filters available as well.
    cheers

Best moment of the day? - seeing the two kids as pillions high five each other when they stopped next to each other in Hunua.

Makes me feel guilty about my selfish motorcycle riding.....next time I will include one of my boys too.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

I saw an interview with Jeff Smith where he was saying the classic bikes of the moment are what is in people's memories - that's why there is no big interest in Pope's and Hendersons these days,no one can personally remember them.They want bikes they saw when they were kids,bikes they wanted but couldn't afford when they were teenagers.That's why we are seeing an interest in Z1's and other Japanese bikes from the '80's,because that's what the guys in their '40's remember when younger.I don't consider them classics because I never had any interest in them at the time.In the '80's I was riding bikes I remembered when I was a kid.....I was riding my '62 Norton,and my ''modern'' R60/5.Never even looked at bikes in the shops.Now I'm riding an '80's bike....given time I'll get to the 21st century.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    I saw an interview with Jeff Smith where he was saying the classic bikes of the moment are what is in people's memories - that's why there is no big interest in Pope's and Hendersons these days,no one can personally remember them.They want bikes they saw when they were kids,bikes they wanted but couldn't afford when they were teenagers.That's why we are seeing an interest in Z1's and other Japanese bikes from the '80's,because that's what the guys in their '40's remember when younger.I don't consider them classics because I never had any interest in them at the time.In the '80's I was riding bikes I remembered when I was a kid.....I was riding my '62 Norton,and my ''modern'' R60/5.Never even looked at bikes in the shops.Now I'm riding an '80's bike....given time I'll get to the 21st century.
    Yeah, agree. Then you progress exactly as the motorcycling world did when the machines were new, for reasons of comfort, power, and speed.

My first restoration was a 1946 Ariel, because I remembered watching one being raced and scrambled when I was a kid, then another couple of Brit bikes (still have an Enfield or 2), then the CB77, because that was what I lusted after when I first had my licence, then some 70s stuff to relive actual days, then to the CB1100 because it's comfortable and fast. Then I turned the 1100 into a racer.

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    The '70s and '80s bikes currently sit in no-mans-land....
    Exactly, like at my place between the barbed wire and the Mastiff dug trench trenches
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post

The '70s and '80s bikes currently sit in no-mans-land
    Crikey Max, I don't know about you ,but I refuse to keep my bike in the kitchen or laundry

Thread Information