Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need photo of connected GSX250 carb - Mikuni BS30SS?

Bike
    Too many to count
    well in the apparent absence of someone who owns that bike and/or knows the answer to that question, I'd say to fit one and see what happens

Bike
    GSX250
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    well in the apparent absence of someone who owns that bike and/or knows the answer to that question, I'd say to fit one and see what happens
    yeah gunna give it a try

Just waiting for some mufflers to arrive, the thing is *far* too loud for extended running carby tuning :P

its a little bit past my skill level im afraid!

but keep us updated, i like to learn.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    GSX250
    will do

I since learnt that the breather hose coming from the carby breather port should connect to a T junction kinda piece of pipe up under the seat which then connects to the two breather pipes (which were indeed there) under the seat

The vacuum port should connect up to the fuel tank tap, uses vacuum instead of a fuel pump to suck fuel.

Might help someone in the future?

Still waiting on the mufflers so haven't been able to start the bike and test whether a connector pipe between the two carbies is neeeded or not

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by wired00 View Post
    The vacuum port should connect up to the fuel tank tap, uses vacuum instead of a fuel pump to suck fuel.
    :slap:

uses vacuum to open a diaphragm to let fuel pass through the tap - the only thing driving the fuel is head pressure in the tank but a 250/400 uses so little anyway it doesn't matter

Bike
    GSX250
    haha I actually read that... spose it should have sunk in by now

Bike
    Suzuki GSX250 1984
    I don't know when you posted your carbie problem but if you still need help you'll find the hose which goes from the fuel tap goes to the outlet on the carbie which is between the the carbie and the cylinder head. This is the vacuum hose to operate your fuel tap and it gets its vacuum from each intake cycle of the piston for that carbie. On my bike it goes from the fuel tap on the left to the right hand carbie.
    The other hose is an atmospheric balance pipe which leaves the carbie closer to the airbox side down between the two carbies and it goes up under the right hand side of the fuel tank. Make sure the metal pipe under the tank it connects too is actually clean and clear as it tends to get blocked with road grim over the years and doesn't allow the carbies to find proper atmospheric pressure.
    If you haven't already solved it I hope this helps. Happy biking....

Bike
    GSX250
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziGSX250boy View Post
    I don't know when you posted your carbie problem but if you still need help you'll find the hose which goes from the fuel tap goes to the outlet on the carbie which is between the the carbie and the cylinder head. This is the vacuum hose to operate your fuel tap and it gets its vacuum from each intake cycle of the piston for that carbie. On my bike it goes from the fuel tap on the left to the right hand carbie.
    The other hose is an atmospheric balance pipe which leaves the carbie closer to the airbox side down between the two carbies and it goes up under the right hand side of the fuel tank. Make sure the metal pipe under the tank it connects too is actually clean and clear as it tends to get blocked with road grim over the years and doesn't allow the carbies to find proper atmospheric pressure.
    If you haven't already solved it I hope this helps. Happy biking....
    Cheers mate yep this is exactly what i was after a while back. The bike is all sorted months back and on the road. Just riding till June 2010 till my P's expire and can upgrade

Yeah was having problems because when reving it the engive would stay reving then slowly go down. I stupidly had the vacuum venting and the vent connected to the petcock. Of course in hindsight it seems obvious because on the engine side of the carby when reved it would have just been sucking air straight past the carby and making the engine run lean > Rev. Doh.

Anyway, bike runs like a dream now except for the rear wheel bearings which i'm currently changing. Pretty good for a bike scrounged from a curb side cleanup

Thread Information