Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On-road puncture repair kits

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I've got one, but my new bike has tubed tyres... so I get to buy a whole bunch of OTHER shit to carry around with me.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    I haven't read the whole thread but thought that I'd put in my 2 cents anyway. You'd have to be an idiot not to take when when on tour (and may as well have one at all times anyway).

On the weekend on East Cape we had 2 punctures (2 different bikes). Both were easily fixed and got us safely all the way back to Palmy. I'm considering getting a little portable compressor too as you seem to only get so much pressure in the tyre from the little bottles.

Bike
    1998 CB 600F Hornet-Connie, RM125
    What's the best kit for me to buy now that I no longer have a tubeless rear? The front is still tubeless

Was easier for the lads to throw a tube in than repair all the hole!!

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by chanceyy View Post
    Any motorbike shop should sell them .. they are accessories ...
    REPCO and Supercheap Autos also have kit for tubeless repairs.

Bike
    2014 Yamaha FJR1300
    Was heading back to Wanganui from Raetihi on sunday and got a flat 35km's out.Nearly shit myself until i realised what had happened but anyway pulled over to the road side and saw a self tapping screw in the front tyre.Had a Genuine Innovations co2 kit under the seat kindly left there by Hitcher and was back on the road in ten minutes.Absolutely brilliant piece of gear.Got the tyre inflated to around 35psi which got me back to Wanganui and pumped it to required pressure.If you run tubeless you got to have one of these kits under the seat period.

Bike
    2006 HD FXDC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent51 View Post
    I've got one on board now thanks to this tread. Always going to get one, but never got around to it. Although in saying that I did carry a tyre pando with me. I've still got the pando on board if someone else gets a flat haha
    Thanks for the tread Danderous
    Was this what you used the other weekend at your place? I saw one which I think is the same at the HD place. It was 75 bucks. Is that about right or should I be able to get one cheaper elsewhere??

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by banditrider View Post
    I'm considering getting a little portable compressor too as you seem to only get so much pressure in the tyre from the little bottles.
    Can't beat a little handpump....cheap, easy and limitless supply of air
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie631 View Post
    Was this what you used the other weekend at your place? I saw one which I think is the same at the HD place. It was 75 bucks. Is that about right or should I be able to get one cheaper elsewhere??
    Last time I looked you can get them from $35 up, IIRC $45 for a decent unit. I quite rate the through away Metzler kit.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    2006 HD FXDC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Last time I looked you can get them from $35 up, IIRC $45 for a decent unit. I quite rate the through away Metzler kit.
    Great, thanks for that. I thought 75 seemed a bit pricey.

Bike
    2017 Honda Africa Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie631 View Post
    I paid $70 for mine, but it came with a hand pump as well.
    There is some around that are cheaper like D said, but had less in them. $100 is cheap if you're in the middle of nowhere with a flat. I know what you mean, where do you stop. I got mine from Don at Cycletreads

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezza View Post
    Had a Genuine Innovations co2 kit under the seat kindly left there by Hitcher and was back on the road in ten minutes.Absolutely brilliant piece of gear.Got the tyre inflated to around 35psi which got me back to Wanganui and pumped it to required pressure.If you run tubeless you got to have one of these kits under the seat period.
    Same kit I've got - handy alright.

Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    Can't beat a little handpump....cheap, easy and limitless supply of air
    Would involve physical activity...

Used Meanie's compressor plugged into my Connie on the Southern cross to pump up Koroj's tyres a whisker - quick and easy...

Bike
    he's back !!!
    I got a Genuine Innovations Co2 kit also, used it for the first time yesterday after coming through the Forgotten Highway RR tyre shit it self big time x2 plugs later we where away stopped in Stratford pumped it up abit more had some lunch checked psi all good rode home which was another 250km have checked again this morning still hard, but will need a new tyre, piss me off though only put 1500km on buggered tyre
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    2007 Triumph Speedmaster
    [QUOTEstopped in Stratford pumped it up abit more had some lunch checked psi all good rode home which was another 250km have checked again this morning still hard, but will need a new tyre, piss me off though only put 1500km on buggered tyre [/QUOTE]

Hey guy can you tell me what pressure the co2s put in the tire

Bike
    2014 Yamaha FJR1300
    I reckon mine was about 30+ but not more than 35psi (front tyre and used two bottles).O'h....and one other thing. When you replace your Co2 bottles shop around.i just paid 14 bucks each for mine and then i see them somewhere else for 10 bucks 50 for 2.What a bastard
    Gezza

Bike
    S1000RR
    Any possible way to mend punctured tubed tyre on side of the road?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Thread Information