Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: On-road puncture repair kits

Bike
    A
    Yep, got a kit with the stringy brown dog turd looking thingees you insert with the spear tool. Spare CO2 canisters as well. Funnily enough, never used on my own tyres, but on mates' bikes who have come for the ride.....

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Shiver
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Yep, got a kit with the stringy brown dog turd looking thingees you insert with the spear tool. Spare CO2 canisters as well. Funnily enough, never used on my own tyres, but on mates' bikes who have come for the ride.....
    I used one of those to fix a large hole in my rear tyre before Christmas. Worked well and got me to the place where I could replace the tyre. Not sure how happy I'd be riding with that keeping the air in my tyre for the longer term.

Bike
    Trumpet
    Yup I have a similar wick style puncture kit but I don't have the compressed air canisters. I have a fold down foot pump. Its handy because most service stations pumps can't each my valves, so I can keep the right amount of air by using my own foot pump. Just wondering how tubed wheels get on? they must require foam maybe?

Bike
    Trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    REPCO and Supercheap Autos also have kit for tubeless repairs.
    I got mine off trade me. Cheap as.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Always carry wee handpump...from wharehouse on one bike,
    a wee katmandu one on other.
    At least with a pump you dont run out of air...
    surpisingly easy to use and efficient

and the plug/ dogturd thingys....
    had to use one in anger on wifes bmw at end of dansys pass.....

works great...
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    On the TT2000 in February I got a nail in the back tire near Greymouth. Pressure dropped to 37psi but stayed there. In Greymouth 1 motorcycle shop and 5 tire shops refused to touch it saying they were not mechanics so could not take the wheel off the bike (really wonder why they can with a car then). Said if I took it off they would fix it but I did not have the tools to remove it and they would not help. Anyway found one who would take out the nail and pump the tire back up after I dog turd it. Which I did. Had a few bubbles at 42psi so they put some magic glue on it. Cost me an hour of extra time.
    The dog turd lasted 3 days without losing a single PSI and was still going strong when I got it fixed properly.

Following on from that I now have a new kit that has a special tool which takes a mushroom head patch that will pass a warrant so does not need to be taken off the rim to be fixed after. Have now had a total of 4 punctures in 5 years. One a massive cut that could not be patched and had to call roadside assist to be trucked to a town and then a long wait for brother inlaw to come with a trailer for a pickup. Was a stat holiday and nothing open.
    Never go anywhere without the kit now.

Thread Information