Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftermarket accessories for VL250 Intruder

Bike
    Honda Lead 100
    Quote Originally Posted by retro asian View Post
    The size IS a bit daunting at first look, but once you're riding it feels totally different. You may be surprised how easy it is to handle. Have a look at the S50 and M50 as well though if you don't think the C50 is for you.
    I had a look at the S50 which is a nice size but I cant imagine it would have great fuel range. It has a similar volume tank to the VL250 but engine size is increased and carbs are doubled.

The M50 mechanics are similar to the C50 but the look of the M50 is how should i say...."unique"?

I would love to keep my VL250 if only i had a bit more power so i can comfortably go 2 UP riding safely. But more i look into it I cant justify spending the $$$. If only there was a VL400 or VL650 and it looks exactly the same and same size it'd be perfect.
    mmm...heated grips are good

Bike
    Suzuki Fatboy
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleychung View Post
    I had a look at the S50 which is a nice size but I cant imagine it would have great fuel range. It has a similar volume tank to the VL250 but engine size is increased and carbs are doubled.

The M50 mechanics are similar to the C50 but the look of the M50 is how should i say...."unique"?

I would love to keep my VL250 if only i had a bit more power so i can comfortably go 2 UP riding safely. But more i look into it I cant justify spending the $$$. If only there was a VL400 or VL650 and it looks exactly the same and same size it'd be perfect.
    Yeah, that tank is tiny. Guess that's how you get the thin frame though.

There is a 400 (m50 style) boulevard somewhere on Trademe. But the weight is almost the same as the 800, don't think it would have enough power. It's basically the VZ800/M50 frame with a smaller engine

Bike
    2011 Suzuki M109RZ
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleychung View Post
    are you having problems with yours running in cold weather too?
    It was fine until a few months ago, when the mornings got so much colder, it started without a problem and ran fine until the engine was hot, then if left to idle it would gradually slow down until it stalled. They told me to wind the idle up a bit and come back the next day (they were all booked out) so I did that, and ended up winding the idle ALL the way in, and it had no effect other than making the exhaust note very strange, about 1km away from work the adjustment finally did something and it was trying to hit full revs all the time (corners and stopping at lights was.. interesting). They have played around with the mixtures a few times (there were 3 or 4 other VL250s in the shop for the same reason every time I went in..) and last time they took the choke cable out and said water was getting in at the top and building up at bottom, causing some corrosion making the choke stick part on and not adjust properly.
    Now it runs fine all the time except it occasionaly cuts out around the time that I shift to first as I stop at intersections, doesn't seem to matter what the temperature is like though, completely random.

Well I think that's everything..

And the M50 does look different.. but it also looks soooo good, that rear guard and all the black is so much better than the m90/m109r

Bike
    Honda Lead 100
    Yeah those small niggly problems does ruin such a well packaged learner bike. But i did kinda get to the bottom of the idling problem this afternoon when i was checking all the hoses and the connections behind the airbox and around the carb and i came across a disconnected hose than ran from some strange valve attached on the left airbox and to the carb.

This hose does connect directly to the carb and if left disconnected does suck air while the engine is running. I put my finger over it and the idle immediately improved. Bike was cold at the time.

Might pay to check yours just in case your dealer also "forgot" to connect this up and maybe other connections.

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Mine is a bastard to run in cold weather, runs like a crap for the first few k's. Got it all checked, no problems found. Did some digging and found that bad cold running is typical of the VL's. You can get a carb heater for them that help but dont know anywhere to buy them.
    All I do now is warm the bike up for at least 5 minutes before i set off, seems to go ok if I do that.
    Take it easy Stanley me old marsh malla...!

Bike
    Honda Lead 100
    Yup its a morning ritual now warming the old VL up. Seems to cure most of it.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki intruder 250LC

vl250

aaa! thanks, my hose was disconnected from the carb. too =[
    i made a post ages ago trying to source new exhausts for my vl, but they only available overseas at the moment....im in the process of drilling out my baffles, i hope it will pass the w.o.f.??? do you think it will? its currently 92dbs at 4000+ RPM
    please reply

Bike
    2008 Suzuki intruder 250LC
    i know the max for wof is 100dbs, is that quiet? my vl250 is real quiet at 92dbs lol.

Bike
    Carrie the VL250
    Bit of a thread dredge..but pfft.
    You lot are scary.. I always warm mine up for at least 5min before i get on it.. Takes me that long to leather, boot and helmet up.
    Thought everyone did actually. Had no probs with my bike at all. Except i dont ride it as much as I should.

Anyway... Have finally decided to get a screen and sissy bar for the bike as our 14yr old is getting her learners in 8mths and will most likely take over the ownership when I upgrade.
    So where do you get screens and sissy bars from? Any recommendations?
    I wouldn’t be broke if the voices in my head paid rent

Bike
    Suzuki Intruder Vs1400
    spitfire, cruiser customs

Bike
    Suzuki Fatboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
    Bit of a thread dredge..but pfft.
    You lot are scary.. I always warm mine up for at least 5min before i get on it.. Takes me that long to leather, boot and helmet up.
    Thought everyone did actually. Had no probs with my bike at all. Except i dont ride it as much as I should.

Anyway... Have finally decided to get a screen and sissy bar for the bike as our 14yr old is getting her learners in 8mths and will most likely take over the ownership when I upgrade.
    So where do you get screens and sissy bars from? Any recommendations?
    Try online, buying from the USA is cheap right now...

Bike
    vl 250 suzuki intruder 2007

buying loud pipes

I have a suzuki intruder vl 250 looking to change the pipes to loud ones can anyone recommend any loud pies for my bike cheers

Bike
    vl 250 suzuki intruder 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by retro asian View Post
    Try online, buying from the USA is cheap right now...
    can ou recommend a site to buy loud ipes from for my suzuki vl 250 please i found a uk site but they dont deliver to new zealand

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Juncar View Post
    can ou recommend a site to buy loud ipes from for my suzuki vl 250 please i found a uk site but they dont deliver to new zealand
    Keeping with standard pipes saves two things ... your money and your hearing.

There are no gains with loud pipes ...

Be patient and wait until you get a bigger bike.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Yeah, yeah, I know its an old thread. But in case someone brings it up looking at the Intruder or M50 pipes issue.

I had a Hyosung GV250, as close as a clone to the Intruder as you could get, it even had that same going down to first gear glitch as an Intruder. Apparently Hyosung made Suzukis under license in Korea for 25 years before starting to manufacture their own bikes.

I drilled out the three rivets that hold the muffler end plate and removed it. Keep the end plate as you can re-rivet it back if you fail a WOF. I think the Intruder has the same type of muffler end plate.

Actually, the 2006 Hyosung GV250 I had (it became the Aquila the next year) was pretty reliable. It being EFI, I had no problems starting it on cold mornings. After getting my full license and 20 months all up on it, I moved up to a Suzuki M50 (the first of two that I've had). Drilling four 12 mm holes in a cross in each muffler end plate does enhance the sound of the pipes on the M50 (and I suppose on the C50 as well).
    There are two songs, "Stairway to Heaven" and "Highway to Hell" which I think give an indication of expected traffic flow

Thread Information