Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket accessories for VL250 Intruder

Bike
    2007, Suzuki VL250

Aftermarket accessories for VL250 Intruder

Hi Guys

I'm new to the site and to biking. After much consideration and alot of surfing this site, I decided to get me a Suzuki VL250 Intruder and am very happy with my decision. Something I am looking at in the future not right now due to budget is getting some of those Silvertail Custom pipes put on my VL. Just wondering if anone knows if they are supplied in NZ and what the damage is likely to be?

Bike
    Carrie the VL250
    hmmm you going to bling it huh..

saves thread incase of own need to bling bike at a later date
    I wouldn’t be broke if the voices in my head paid rent

Bike
    black thing
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by muman View Post
    Hi Guys

I'm new to the site and to biking. After much consideration and alot of surfing this site, I decided to get me a Suzuki VL250 Intruder and am very happy with my decision. Something I am looking at in the future not right now due to budget is getting some of those Silvertail Custom pipes put on my VL. Just wondering if anone knows if they are supplied in NZ and what the damage is likely to be?
    Not to many place in NZ for aftermarket bling, but Mufflers etc u could try Custom Chambers Ltd in Auckland, also check out www.cruisercustomizing.com

Bike
    Honda Lead 100
    I'm having the same evil thought regarding looking for aftermarket pipes for my VL as well. But I'm having no such luck finding them pre made specifically for our model.

I hate it how youtube gives those videos of other VL with aftermarket pipes that i want but doesnt give much detail about where they were made.

I've tracked them as far as brazil down to a exhaust producer call "Roncar" via www.roncar.com.br but all the website is in a foreign language which I'm not even going to attempt to order from there.

What I think I'm going to try is to visit the local muffler shops (i.e Magoos for chch) and see if they can make up some in mild steel then I would find a local chromer to chrome it.

Also realistically thinking its only a 250. So my brain is telling me should i really be spending that much money on bling when i can spend the same amount actually enjoying the bike? i.e. buying luggage so i can travel, sissy bar so i can take my wife etc etc. But the heart says i want it to kinda sound good.

Bike
    2007, Suzuki VL250
    Haha I know what ya mean Stanley, and I've only just got my bike, so yeah I think I'll concentrate on staying on my bike for a while before I get carried away.
    The only one I've been eyeing up is the silvertail
    http://vyxxn.co.uk/catalog/silvertai...html?btype=sfc

But that's 300 Euros!! WTF, I could buy a nice muck around bike for that much. So yeah something to look at further down the line, hopefully this post might inspire someone to fill this gap in the market however aye? hehe here's hoping.
    Sex is like a game of Yuka, if you don't have a good partner, you better have a good hand!

Bike
    2011 Suzuki M109RZ
    So has anyone tried getting any of these? I'm thinking the same as the rest of you, I'd like new pipes but at the same time know I should just save my money..

Bike
    Honda Lead 100
    I was uming and arring for months now regarding these aftermarket pipes. After a while I began to get accustomed to the sound of the stock pipes (which arent that bad in the first place).

I also realise its only 250 after all and it cant sound too good with open/drag pipes and it will be obscenely loud in a bad way. So I'm happy with the current stock pipes and will probably save the money towards an upgrade later when i get my full.

I spent my money on a screen and a ventura pack rack instead. Much more useful and maybe even heated grips for those cold winter mornings.
    mmm...heated grips are good

Bike
    2014 Ducati Diavel
    Not trying to cause offence... blingin your 250 is fine if you intend to keep it for a long time but if your like many of us... you will be getting rid of it the moment you gain your full... extra bling on the 250 wont add $ to the resale so could be a bit of a wasted expense.

Probly better off to put the cash aside to use towards buying or blingin your next bike
    www.albeephoto.blogspot.com

DuuuuuCaaaaaaTiiiiiiiiiiii

Bike
    2011 Suzuki M109RZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Not trying to cause offence... blingin your 250 is fine if you intend to keep it for a long time but if your like many of us... you will be getting rid of it the moment you gain your full... extra bling on the 250 wont add $ to the resale so could be a bit of a wasted expense.

Probly better off to put the cash aside to use towards buying or blingin your next bike
    I think anyone who wants a nice bike in any way at all will upgrade as soon as the law will allow, and does not plan on keeping a 250 for any longer (whether they do or not, I'll hold on to mine until I have the $$ for the bike I want). But I have a flat mate with an engineering design program (Solidworks) who can design an exhaust and build it at the fitter/turner he is working at for me.. so I might still go for that.
    The salesman who I bought my bike off had mixed opinions on the idea the other day though, he suggested drilling my baffles out, but also said "it won't effect the warranty so long as the bike doesn't have any issues" so that didn't exactly build my confidence, especially since my bike is already having problems.. and has been on and off for a few months now, while also going back for adjustments a couple of times to fix the issue (it's not as bad now, but it still plays up)..

Bike
    2014 Ducati Diavel
    Quote Originally Posted by Irontusk View Post
    The salesman who I bought my bike off had mixed opinions on the idea the other day though, he suggested drilling my baffles out, but also said "it won't effect the warranty so long as the bike doesn't have any issues"
    Be VERY careful if you go ahead with this option... I know guys who have f*cked their exhausts doing this. There is a lot of info on the net about procedures to do it but sorting out those that know what their talking about from those that are all blow is a challenge.

Your engineer mate might be a good option if he can sort it for a good price.
    www.albeephoto.blogspot.com

DuuuuuCaaaaaaTiiiiiiiiiiii

Bike
    2011 Suzuki M109RZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Be VERY careful if you go ahead with this option... I know guys who have f*cked their exhausts doing this. There is a lot of info on the net about procedures to do it but sorting out those that know what their talking about from those that are all blow is a challenge.

Your engineer mate might be a good option if he can sort it for a good price.
    Yeah, I am in no way tempted to do something that isn't reversible, that's why I'd like to have new pipes made up, so when it comes to selling I can put the originally setup back on or whatever.

And I'll only have to pay for the materials involved, all the cutting, welding and bending will be free (I could do parts of that myself anyway).

Bike
    Honda Lead 100
    Sounds like you have very little in terms of disadvantages with your mate that does all the designing. Wish you all the best and hope to see a youtube video of the final results.

I'm probably one of those that will look to upgrade as soon as i hit full. Of course it depends on the $$$ being available at the time. But I must say so far the VL has been my favourite to chuck around the roads.

I'm keen to go try a HD sportster to see how they go. I was looking at a c50 but i find the sheer size of them a bit difficult. But hey who knows, im still waiting til october when my full comes up.

Bike
    Suzuki Fatboy
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleychung View Post
    I was looking at a c50 but i find the sheer size of them a bit difficult.
    The size IS a bit daunting at first look, but once you're riding it feels totally different. You may be surprised how easy it is to handle. Have a look at the S50 and M50 as well though if you don't think the C50 is for you.

Bike
    2011 Suzuki M109RZ
    Yeah I'm pretty set on the M50, I'm hoping I'll have enough coin when I get my full to trade my VL250 on a new one. I started looking at the Iron 883 (not available in NZ yet anyway) but I don't think I can be persuaded to go for anything other than shaft drive now.
    I'm skeptical about touching my exhaust now, I'm always having minor issues with my mixture settings.. the dealer plays with it, it's good for a few days and then it's back to how it was, so if I go and change anything they will just tell me to go away, or pay up.

Bike
    Honda Lead 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Irontusk View Post
    I'm always having minor issues with my mixture settings.. the dealer plays with it, it's good for a few days and then it's back to how it was, so if I go and change anything they will just tell me to go away, or pay up.
    are you having problems with yours running in cold weather too?

Thread Information