Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bmw s1000r

Bike
    Ducati 748
    I have never really been a BMW fan but that thing is hot!!!! cant wait to see it in action

Bike
    BMW
    The only thing i dont like is the lights cause it kinda makes em look like this....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-198436701.htm

None of my bikes have lights so ill have one please!

Bike
    Various things

Shows you

How good their 'Telelever' front end is eh? They finally get round to building a full on sports bike...and hello...it's got forks! And don't start telling me it's a weight 'issue'.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    How good their 'Telelever' front end is eh? They finally get round to building a full on sports bike...and hello...it's got forks! And don't start telling me it's a weight 'issue'.
    Well since it's actually an homologation special I guess it could be called a racing bike?

Horses for courses and all that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

came across this article also yesterday, so maybe the s1000 is going to be an alright price, be cheap compared to normal BMW pricing.

BMW Motorrad USA will show the S1000RR superbike in the United States for the first time this coming Memorial Day weekend at the Miller Motorsports Park World Superbike round, with the bike hitting US dealership floors by January 2010. Pieter de Waal, Vice President of BMW Motorrad USA, has revealed that BMW intends to position the S1000RR against litre-class superbikes from Japan.

‘We intend to take the four Japanese head-on. We did not intend to build a motorcycle like Ducati does or KTM does. We wanted to build a mainstream motorcycle,’ says de Waal.

Todd Anderson head of marketing at BMW Motorrad adds, “It’s going to be very different than what people might expect from BMW. It won’t be a 1098 or RC8 kind of price, but much, much closer to where the Japanese are. We’re going right for the fat part of the market with this, and I think it’s going to change a lot of people’s opinions about the brand.”

Unlike certain other manufacturers, BMW realizes the importance of capturing younger riders. Thus, BMW is moving its product line to include younger buyers with its bikes. “It is critically important for us to get younger people on BMWs. It’s not the fact that the average BMW rider is old – because old people are affluent, and there’s nothing wrong with that – but it is that they are getting older. So you have to bring new blood in. We’ve addressed it with the sport enduro, the new 650 and 800 twin series, and we feel the Superbike must do that in a big way.”
    http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...ktm/#more-2093

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Take note, Craver: a performance BeemerWubble-U.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

some specs from the offical unvailing yesterday (193hp, 206kgs wet)

Overview of technical highlights:

* Best-in-class performance and supreme riding dynamics in the supersports segment.
    * Engine output 142 kW (193 hp) at 13,000 rpm, peak torque 112 Nm (82.5 lb-ft) at 9,750 rpm.
    * Weighing 206.5 kg (455.3lb) in road trim and with a full tank, this is the lightest supersports in the 1000-cc class with ABS.
    * Best power-to-weight ratio in this class of just 1.05 and, respectively, 1.06 kg (2.31 and, respectively, 2.34 lb) per horsepower without/with Race ABS.
    * Optional Race ABS for outstanding brake performance and safety. Weight of the entire system just 2.5 kg (5.51 lb), while other systems of a similar kind weigh up to 10 kg.
    * Optional DTC Dynamic Traction Control in conjunction with Race ABS for optimum performance and maximum active safety when accelerating.
    * Only supersports machine with Race ABS and DTC Dynamic Traction Control.
    * Various riding modes available at the touch of a button for wet surfaces, regular road requirements, race tracks with sports tires and race tracks with slicks.
    * All-round set-up, coordination and balance of Race ABS, DTC Dynamic Traction Control and engine management for all four riding modes.
    * High-speed, extra-sturdy valve drive with individual cam followers and titanium valves following the example of BMW's Formula 1 engines.
    * Innovative exhaust system with a small and short rear-end muffler, pre-silencer and electronically controlled interference pipe flaps as well as a fully controlled exhaust gas manifold and two fully controlled three-way catalytic converters.
    * Optimum gas dosage combined with maximum functional reliability ensured by E-gas (ride-by-wire), incorporating two bowden cables (opening and closing cable) leading to the throttle butterfly adjuster.
    * Fulfillment of all environmental standards with the potential to meet future emission requirements ensured by two fully controlled catalytic converters and digital motor electronics.
    * Damper elements with a wide range of adjustment on the spring base, the inbound and rebound stroke, as well as the greatest damping reserves, particularly for racing.
    * New, clearly defined, simple and straightforward options to adjust the suspension and running gear.
    * Aluminum tank unique in this segment for further reduction of overall weight.
    * Supreme handling combined with best-in-class high speed and braking stability.
    * Multi-functional instrument cluster with racing features such as a lap timer. The rider is able to set all functions directly from the ends of the handlebar.
    * New generation of switches with optimized ergonomics.
    * Supreme aerodynamics and sporting ergonomics ideal for both the tall and short rider.
    * Optional HP Gearshift Assistant for shifting up without operating the clutch and without the slightest interruption of torque and pulling power.
    * Wide range of equipment, special features and options tailored to the S 1000 RR and naturally offering full BMW quality.
    more info and pictures can be found here
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/bike/bike_revi...is_the_s1000rr

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Horrible lights and a paint scheme inspired by 6 hour old vomit.

If they'd simply left it black like the pre-prod bike.

Typical BMW though. Take something astounding and make it confoundingly ugly.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Typical BMW though. Take something astounding and make it confoundingly ugly.
    The specs are pretty good though (albeit sounding bewilderingly complicated).
    Unfortunately, it's not set up for disabled people to ride, which it needs to be, as it will likely cost an arm and leg to buy one.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    The specs are pretty good though (albeit sounding bewilderingly complicated).
    Unfortunately, it's not set up for disabled people to ride, which it needs to be, as it will likely cost an arm and leg to buy one.
    wrong....about the same as the japanese competition..... apparently

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    wrong....about the same as the japanese competition..... apparently
    Yawn ... might as well price it the same - in a blind test with them all painted the same colour and no badges, meh take your pick. Unless you are a truly excellent track rider they are all miles to powerful and advanced for the riders buying them.

Especially that Carver dude - shit he doesn't even use the front wheel - it's always appear to be off the ground

I find nothing to get excited about on the latest bunch of sport bikes - yeah they are incredibly fast, handle phenomenally well and cost f-all considering the performance levels available (you'll need $200k to get a car remotely near these levels).
    But......
    They all look the friggen same. I need to go back to a earlier R1 to get a smile from them.
    They must all be using the same wind tunnel software.

I was looking at a Britten on Friday - horrid colours, but there was something very horny about it despite the pink... - I am a big fan of exposing the mechanicals - I like to see what makes it tick.
    Stuff these little plastic covers hiding exhaust welds (new R1) - expose those Titanium beauties and improve your robot welders lines.

Meh.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather have an HP2 Sport.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I'd rather have an HP2 Sport.
    agreed x 2 its a market positioning exercise,as is the foray into WSB

okay which german desginer went to the beerfest first then had a crack at choosing the headlights.

they are different, what the hell is up with that

check this picture out

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6879/s1000rrb.jpg

Bike
    S1000RR
    sigh.....

That's called total disappointment.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Thread Information