Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bmw s1000r

Bike
    GSX11-tysomething, BMW K100 x2
    Haha, no one is going to say that looks like an R6 with a front end like that now are they...and at least BMW don't have to worry about people copying their design priciples...

I love it!
    Jay Lawrence #37

Bike
    Several
    I would...

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Horrible lights and a paint scheme inspired by 6 hour old vomit.

If they'd simply left it black like the pre-prod bike.

Typical BMW though. Take something astounding and make it confoundingly ugly.

Yep, sadly I have to agree....possibly one of the most awaited sports bikes for some time and they go and ruin it like that, just when I thought BMW was getting away from all that weird shit.
    Looks like that wanker Chris Bangle had something to do with it before he left

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
    check this picture out
    Omigod. They've fucked it.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by cs363 View Post
    Yep, sadly I have to agree....possibly one of the most awaited sports bikes for some time and they go and ruin it like that, just when I thought BMW was getting away from all that weird shit.
    Looks like that wanker Chris Bangle had something to do with it before he left
    I wouldn't be surprised, damn thing looks like a confused goldfish
    Last edited by ducatilover; 11th May 2009 at 20:41. Reason: bad gwammarrr
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    R100GSPD
    God you guys are so conservative...they say BMW owners are the conservative ones?.The high and low beams do seperate jobs,why not optimise the light for the job?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Because it looks stupid?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Because it looks stupid?
    Don't hold back....it looks fugly, and they obviously got a deal on the paint....left over from the equally ugly and stupidly named Nissan Tiiada http://images.drive.com.au/drive_ima...nissan_m_m.jpg

Umm, no...on second thought the Nissan looks better!

Shame really as the Superbike looks so horn

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    Various

All is explained.....

Now I understand, picture of the head of design attached...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT00015119.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	129019  

Bike
    -
    Doesn't look too bad. These plastic fantastics always look pretty bland and identical, this Bimmer is no different apart from the interesting lights.

These fairing designers need to throw their rulers and straight edges in the bin. Why do they always clutter things up with folds and ridges and ducts etc. Latest CBR1000RR is a step in the right direction.

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    God you guys are so conservative...they say BMW owners are the conservative ones?.The high and low beams do seperate jobs,why not optimise the light for the job?
    What, the thing is so technologically advanced,, class leading blah blahdy blah, that they can't even design a cohesive or combined headlight package like every other vehicle manufacturer in the world? Just 'cos it's "different" or "interesting" doesn't make it better.

Cardigan wearers rejoice, you've got a sports bike designed just to suit your aesthetic ideal. Can't choose over the dress shoes/socks or sandals with those walk shorts? Just combine the two in a masterful stroke of efficiency: socks with sandals.

Same goes for these headlights. After rearranging his pocket protector and polishing his collection of antique slide rules an engineer has arrived at the obvious solution to the design choice regarding the headlight offerings: one of each.

Oh yeah, that's after signing off on copying Durbahn's fairing design cue's (see Durbahn's 999 V1 below), just to prove they've got absolutely no ideas of their own (other than those arrived at through indecision) after falling into lock step with the classic UJM theme.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Sorry Mista BMW.....................think I'll take one o these........

Anyone got 44k to lend?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-217984910.htm

Bike
    None any more
    While the new RSV4 is unquestionably a lovely piece of kit, I have seen a Tuono in exactly this colour scheme and was smitten. Imagine it dressed up with a set of Mivv Suonos or a full Akra Hex kit. Whoar!

Unlike Mr BMW's effort, it is symmetrical. Call me old fashioned, but I really like that in a motorcycle. Also I wouldn't have to ride to Hamilton to get it serviced.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

well for you Mr Hitcher, there will be a v4 Tuono.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
    well for you Mr Hitcher, there will be a v4 Tuono.
    Will there? Please do not be teasing me....
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Thread Information