Thread: Pukekohe this weekend

Bike
    69 Norton Dominator Mercury

Pukekohe this weekend

I dont know about you lot, but I still dont know what time the Racing starts....
    "One of us is thinking about sex...Okay, it's me" - Anon

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    No idea but it's usually before lunchish on Saturday, and sort of more urgently after lunchish.

It really is the HARDEST thing to find out anything about. D day was a worse kept secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

There is racing there as well!?? It's not,and never has been about the racing for me - it's about there being more interesting bikes than you can see in a day.I walk around the whole place about 3 times looking at bikes,then I go home.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    There is racing there as well!?? It's not,and never has been about the racing for me - it's about there being more interesting bikes than you can see in a day.I walk around the whole place about 3 times looking at bikes,then I go home.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who only goes for the 'atmosphere' and the bikes......oh and the hot dogs n chips.....

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who only goes for the 'atmosphere' and the bikes......oh and the hot dogs n chips.....
    Oh yeah, I save my gold coins and spend them wisely on hot dogs and chips, gotta stop the flab holding up me pants wasting away by sweating in the hot sun all day.
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    2007 Suzuki Burgman 400
    I was a bit dissapointed today, programmes were sold out by 1pm so there will be none tomorrow. Speaker system went down during the afternoon so with no programme and no sound I did not know what was going on or which race was being run. A lot of fantastic bikes to oggle though, and I got some earplugs from Plugs for Lugs and listened to clear music all the way home to Hamilton.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    this is the classic meet aye?
    I seen a bit on telly... the Konig of Kim newcombe's was there FFS it nearly brought a tear to my eye
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    . .

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    this is the classic meet aye?
    I seen a bit on telly... the Konig of Kim newcombe's was there FFS it nearly brought a tear to my eye
    I think it is the replica Rod Tingate built and not one of Kims original bikes, still be nice to see though
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I think it is the replica Rod Tingate built and not one of Kims original bikes, still be nice to see though
    Ohh ok I was asuming it was brought over from Aussi, IIRC Kims son has the bikes?
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    CB1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Ohh ok I was asuming it was brought over from Aussi, IIRC Kims son has the bikes?
    It's not the actual bike Kim rode, but it's one just like it. Sounds like a very angry wasp from a distance when it's going down the pit straight.

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    from what I understand it was built out of spare parts that where Kim's
    by a friend of the family???

so you could say it was his bike or at least parts of it where
    or so I remember
    and didn't his sun ride it (but not in a race)
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Thread Information