Thread: Greetings and a parts Q

Bike
    None :<

Greetings and a parts Q

This is just a hi to all, I have been lurking but have reason to post now

Picked up my shiny red VTR 250 today, and drove it into a curb trying to hillstart from the middle of an intersection

Henceforce I have a fairly bent brake lever which doesnt seemt to want to unbend (and barely a knick on the handlebar end and that is all, thank god). I've had a google and a search through the forums and google, and I'm guessing it's a fairly common piece to replace ( ) - but I can't find details on where I can get a replacement part. Are there any trusted sites/dealers who can send me out a replacement?

Thanks

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Pretty much any bike shop will have spares - or a wrecker.

Which part of Auckland are you in?

Oh, and welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    Best Bitza Bucket 2008 BoB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drspangle View Post
    This is just a hi to all, I have been lurking but have reason to post now

Picked up my shiny red VTR 250 today, and drove it into a curb trying to hillstart from the middle of an intersection

Henceforce I have a fairly bent brake lever which doesnt seemt to want to unbend (and barely a knick on the handlebar end and that is all, thank god). I've had a google and a search through the forums and google, and I'm guessing it's a fairly common piece to replace ( ) - but I can't find details on where I can get a replacement part. Are there any trusted sites/dealers who can send me out a replacement?

Thanks
    Any bike shop with a parts and accessory dept worth it's salt should be able to source one if they don't stock one, Did you buy from a Honda franchised dealer? If they didn't have one (that lever would fit a multitude of bikes) then go to the next one, you've got a choice in Auckland - lucky buggers!

Welcome to the forum BTW

Bike
    '03 FXD
    Hard luck about the off.Welcome to kb and you've got it right.Practice,practice,practice.
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    Pretty much any bike shop will have spares - or a wrecker.

Which part of Auckland are you in?

Oh, and welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully60 View Post
    Any bike shop with a parts and accessory dept worth it's salt should be able to source one if they don't stock one, Did you buy from a Honda franchised dealer? If they didn't have one (that lever would fit a multitude of bikes) then go to the next one, you've got a choice in Auckland - lucky buggers!

Welcome to the forum BTW
    Im on the shore. Cool, ok, will give cyclespot a call tomorrow and see if they can sort me out

I bought it privately, but previous owner bought it from cyclespot.

Quote Originally Posted by MIXONE View Post
    Hard luck about the off.Welcome to kb and you've got it right.Practice,practice,practice.
    Thanks, and yeah. Back on the back this arvo when it cools down

Bike
    Just checked cyclespot and they seem to have no name brand ones for about $10, is it worth getting OEM ones or are they all much of a muchness?

Bike
    Best Bitza Bucket 2008 BoB
    Blog Entries
    Just checked cyclespot and they seem to have no name brand ones for about $10, is it worth getting OEM ones or are they all much of a muchness?
    They're functionally fine. Though they generally snap when the genuine one will bend. So you'll have to have another whoopsie to see the difference.
    But the genuine lever might cost $40?? (probably more) so buy a few and keep them spare, there's no shame in breaking the odd lever when practicing, just keep it to the levers eh?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully60 View Post
    They're functionally fine. Though they generally snap when the genuine one will bend. So you'll have to have another whoopsie to see the difference.
    But the genuine lever might cost $40?? (probably more) so buy a few and keep them spare, there's no shame in breaking the odd lever when practicing, just keep it to the levers eh?
    Right right, well the plan is to not drop it again hehe - lesson learnt I think, but will stick to cheapies for now just in case.

Thanks for all the help an input to all who have replied.

Bike
    Right right, well the plan is to not drop it again hehe - lesson learnt I think, but will stick to cheapies for now just in case.

Thanks for all the help an input to all who have replied.
    I've also learnt not to leave the key in the on position for very long, and subsequently how much effort it takes to push a bike up a steep hill, and also how to do a rolling start (Twice), and how to take the battery out and hook it up to my charger.

A fun day of learning all around really....

Edit: Typos

Bike
    Buell XB12X Ulysses
    Blog Entries
    We'll have you scraping the pegs in no time

...well we might try hill starts first, eh?
    "Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed..."
    - Page 14 of the Buell Owners Manual

Bike
    big minton
    Welcome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 325rocket View Post
    Isn't it a rectum stretching pain in the ring piece when the mrs wants to slip in a digit and wont use lube
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    I don't need pills to make me blow massive loads
    Cold Kiwi

Everyone loves duck sauce, is the amazing or is this amazing?!

Bike
    Can Am Spyder RS. 2010
    I think you can get a stacking system for levers, when one gets broken off another one drops down to take it's place.

Thread Information