Thread: Pukekohe photos

Bike
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R

Bike
    Ducati 600 Monster & GPZ550 Postie bike
    Thanks. These are excellent !

Don't forget about the Have a Go Day at Taupo in October if you want to have a go as a passenger.

Cheers, Mark
    If guns are responsible for violence, knives & forks are responsible for obesity

Bike
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R
    Thanks Markc
    Glad you liked them, I have some more if you want see them, any numbered chair in mind. I think the ride in the chair sounds quite good, but don't know how long I'd last till I fell out !!!. I used to race clubman solo's at Brands Hatch in my younger days.So the racing bug is still there.
    Alan

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by MazTLR View Post
    Thanks Markc
    Glad you liked them, I have some more if you want see them, any numbered chair in mind.
    Couple of pie eating monsters on that #165 got me fucked how it goes so quick with those two fat pricks on it

got any of #242
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    nothing :(
    Thanks Markc
    Glad you liked them, I have some more if you want see them, any numbered chair in mind. I think the ride in the chair sounds quite good, but don't know how long I'd last till I fell out !!!. I used to race clubman solo's at Brands Hatch in my younger days.So the racing bug is still there.
    Alan
    Ask for scrivy ...... he a bit soft

Its the "driver" of the first pic
    Second is the fastest loser

"It is better to have ridden & crashed than never to have ridden at all" by Bruce Bennett

DB is the new Porridge. Cause most of the mods must be sucking his cock ..... Or his giving them some oral help? How else can you explain it?

Bike
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R
    Kickaha
    Here you go, hope this one's ok
    Alan
    http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...R/sidecar7.jpg

Bike
    BSA A10
    Kickaha
    Here you go, hope this one's ok
    Alan
    http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...R/sidecar7.jpg
    Ta, Go Johhny B, that'd be at the chicane after Turn 1?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R
    Yes kickaha thats where I was shooting,will all the chairs be at Paeroa, I'll take some more. At my old club days in England there used to be some nice Hillman Imp chairs racing, are they allowed in your races, have not seen any in NZ. Are there any build plans on the net, if you wanted to make a chair as a project.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Yes kickaha thats where I was shooting,will all the chairs be at Paeroa, I'll take some more. At my old club days in England there used to be some nice Hillman Imp chairs racing, are they allowed in your races, have not seen any in NZ. Are there any build plans on the net, if you wanted to make a chair as a project.
    I'm not sure how many will be at Paeroa or what classes

I haven't seen an Imp outfit in NZ but I have been told there was at least one

I am unaware of any plans for building one, however it is possible to get one built and although I can't remember the price I thought it was reasonable at the time

Bike
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R
    I was looking for people building sidecars and found this site showing the work on there chassis.
    http://www.ducside.com/plannen_english.htm

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I'm not sure how many will be at Paeroa or what classes

I haven't seen an Imp outfit in NZ but I have been told there was at least one

I am unaware of any plans for building one, however it is possible to get one built and although I can't remember the price I thought it was reasonable at the time
    Hillman Imp engines are banned for classic sidecars in NZ under the "no car engines" rule.
    Wallace's number 300 Coventry Climax powered outfit is derived from a stationary engine intended for a fire pump, it has aproximately one part in common with an Imp engine & was apparently built to test the rules a little.

Bike
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R
    Thanks sidecar bob, for your reply,here's #300 where you can see his engine.
    http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...R/sidecar8.jpg

Bike
    Anything BSA

car engines ok

http://www.nzcmrr.com/rules.htm

Bollux, I havent heard of any restriction on engine source other than upper capacity in cc. Build an Imp outfit it would be most welcome! (must be front exit and of design re period intended)
    Sidecars have been always been engined with whatever comes to hand including outboard motor engines (konig) and the like, the key is whether it is of the period. Admittedly current NZCMRR pre 76 rules are no japanese major components, but in post classics anything goes, water bus's etc can be raced at all NZCMRR meetings except the Feb Festival.

If you are after assistance with building an outfit, plse send me a pvte message and I'll fwd you some contacts.

Bike
    Vincent-HRD

Engine

Atlas must be right since #242 has some kind of stationary engine fitted LOL. Great to see such a fast 'classic' outfit - a tribute to builder/rider.

Bike
    Anything BSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger0_0 View Post
    Atlas must be right since #242 has some kind of stationary engine fitted LOL. Great to see such a fast 'classic' outfit - a tribute to builder/rider.
    The coventry climax was I understand a fire engine pump engine. 750cc I believe, very interesting bike! Sidecar people like interesting. Their all bespoke homemade bikes, no 2 the same.

Thread Information