Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heat pumps?

Bike
    CBR600RR, WR250 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully60 View Post
    That's DVS, opening the windows does the same thing.
    i think its actually H.R.V

Bike
    the one and only Gixer 1000
    definately Get Choppa on the job, he installs LG heat pumps, not only will you support his racing, you will also get a wicked pump, who knows Choppa may even show you a few lines on the track as part of the deal.

Bike
    Best Bitza Bucket 2008 BoB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 325rocket View Post
    i think its actually H.R.V

EDIT: Drrrrrr I just saw the HRV add with Marc Ellis, thats what you meant!

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    We have a big Daikin in a large area. Works a treat. Doesn't make the coffee or feed the baby tho.
    Sue them for false advertising!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    Suzuki A50
    Antuy has one in her house (her body is farked, 50 years ina wheil chair will do that to ya) and it has payed for itself many times over because she went from a docters visit every two weeks to maby one evey two months.

Highly recomended.

Bike
    A big one
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    We have a big Daikin in a large area. Works a treat. Doesn't make the coffee or feed the baby tho.
    You need an au pair for that.
    It's only when you take the piss out of a partially shaved wookie with an overactive 'me' gene and stapled on piss flaps that it becomes a problem.

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lobster View Post
    You need an au pair for that.
    ...make sure she has a nice pair too...
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    A naked monster - just like me.
    OK- got 3 quotes in today.

Fijitsu was first. Guy didn't measure and actually said bedrooms are all the same size - so I dont need to look.

He didn't know what the running cost were (said he had one at home for 4 years but his wife paid the bills), and his mounting position was terrible. He actually suggested we put it in an adjoining room and left the double doors open as it would make the install easier and save us $300.

He was a director or the company. - and they only sell heat pumps

Fucken terrible.

Second guy was selling Mitsi's

Didnt measure, and specified a smaller unit, that when we did the measuring after he left was going to be right at the top (or just) past its usable range.

Still he had good ideas for mounting. But everything was very casual and while he gave me more faith than the first muppet, I wasnt sure.

Last guy Daikin - came, measured each wall, checked insulation, measured windows and entered that along with the aspect, number of lights, size of TV, other IT kit, number of people normally in the room etc etc etc into a application to properly calculate the heating / cooling needs.

He was also the only one who came with literature for us to read / keep and gave a written quote (others were verbal only).

He was more expensive (about 15%) more than the others - but guess who got our business.

Didnt get a change to PM Choppa as I needed to have this resolved today.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX650F K9
    Thought you might be interested to know we have two Daikin heatpumps (7kw in the lounge and a 5kw in the hallway) In the winter we run them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (16 degrees when we are not home and 19 degrees when we are.) Only tacked on approx $25 per week to the power bill and don't have to lug the coal and wood in anymore.
    Beer Is Proof That God Loves Us And Wants Us To Be Happy

Bike
    Best Bitza Bucket 2008 BoB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Thought you might be interested to know we have two Daikin heatpumps (7kw in the lounge and a 5kw in the hallway) In the winter we run them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (16 degrees when we are not home and 19 degrees when we are.) Only tacked on approx $25 per week to the power bill and don't have to lug the coal and wood in anymore.
    Yeah, some of the later model inverter Heat pumps are getting C.O.P figures of around 4 and 5 on heating, unbeatable value for money and convenience. Good for the environment too, so you can burn even more fuel without feeilng gulity!

Bike
    A naked monster - just like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Thanks for that - interesting. It is good to get real world indication.

I ant bling you as thanks (fucken infractions) - so someone lay a green on him for me.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Be careful where you place the outdoor unit. Too close to a neighbours bedroom and you may have noise issues.

Some units exceed local noise rules at night time.

Avoid a dispute with your neighbour and timely/costly modifications to quieten the unit.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    farking council workers
    Some things are worth dying for, living is one of them.

Bike
    Black something
    Anybody know anything about the heat pumps that double as a hot water cylinder as well? The theory is during summer you can use the heat pumped out of your house to heat the hot water!

Sounds good to me as i want a heat pump - but I also desperately need a new HW cylinder.
    "And, look, the luscious and fecund fronds of the Silver Fern has given brilliant birth to a stupendous fruit! A red Hondaberry, desposited by a lesser known species of Plonker Gittus Maximus Idiotus."

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatjim View Post
    farking council workers
    Who end up resolving disputes between neighbours from hell, because they are too stupid to discuss things or have any consideration for their neighbours.

Then again, I blame (some of) the heat pump companies/installers - they DO know of the implications but will tell you there is no problem.

Location location location.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Thread Information