Thread: ZZR1100 headlight issues

Bike
    1996 ZZR 1100 D4,

ZZR1100 headlight issues

Hi All,

Just a question....rode back from Whangarei yesterday and noticed when I got home the headlight and front indicators went working (they had been the day before) I'm running a visi-bike system that has the indicators on at low beam but not at high. In saying this, the indicators on the front were working when the indicator button was used.

I opened up the fuse box and sure enough the 10 amp fuse for headlight had blown. I put a new fuse in a presto! headlight and visi-bike system working again.....but now new problem....headlight stays on full beam all the time even when the dip switch is dipped....and the flash switch doesn't work now either.

Any ideas???
    9 down 26 to go

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Tried by-passing the visi-bike system? Sounds like it's faulty. I can't think of any other scenario that would cause the problem you've described.
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    1996 ZZR 1100 D4,
    Will do...that was going to be the next thing I was going to try...touch wood but up to now the visi-bike setup has been working just fine

Cheers and thanks
    9 down 26 to go

Bike
    1996 ZZR 1100 D4,
    Found the problem.....tiny piece of solder on the light switch making contact with another piece of solder on the same switch.

Took the visi-bike system off and still had problem so took the handlebar switch box apart....then took the switch out to look at it.....and then wondered why my finger was getting hot....sure enough closer inspection showed the solder touching....hopefully be sorted by the wkend for Paeroa
    9 down 26 to go

Thread Information