Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 wheels - still a bike?

Bike
    1999 Red 955i Daytona
    Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    he's going to take it to an ice skating ring to test its stability and ability at cornering on ice - sounds like fun
    sure does will be interesting to see the vid

Bike
    A big one
    Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    people buy those cheap chinese bikes don't they, and those mini choppa shit toys to ride around on don't they?
    Because they're cheap. Something like this wont be cheap.. MP3, anyone?

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not knocking it. I just wonder who is going to buy it.
    It's only when you take the piss out of a partially shaved wookie with an overactive 'me' gene and stapled on piss flaps that it becomes a problem.

Bike
    bandit 1200s

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lobster View Post
    Don't get me wrong.. I'm not knocking it. I just wonder who is going to buy it.
    Anyone who wants to get around London in rain and frost without falling off their scooter would think about it
    Scooters sales are enormous in other countries because of congestion and fuel prices - not because people are looking for the biker experience

Imagine if you could jump on a 400cc with only a car license - got to be attractive to some people I would think
    Lifes Just one big ride - buckle up or hang on

Bike
    bandit 1200s

Cool A better answer from Nick Shotter

Quote Originally Posted by disenfranchised View Post
    Interesting...but what benefits would it have over the Piaggio MP3....the front end movement looks pretty similar, and the 3 wheeled design must be simpler and cheaper to manufacture.
    The 4MC has many advantages over the Piaggio MP3. These advantages are; the 4MC uses leading and trailing suspension arms whereas the MP3 uses something akin to wishbones at the front. This difference means that the 4MC does not need a separate chassis because its leading and trailing suspension arms can bolt directly to its engine/transmission unit, so the 4MC can be a lot lighter than the MP3. For instance a 400cc 4MC could weigh less than 200kg (440lbs) whereas the Piaggio MP3 400cc weighs 262kg (574lds)which is colossal.
    Therefore, for a given power output the 4MC will have substantial acceleration, braking, fuel consumption, tyre wear, and manoeuvrability, advantages over the MP3.
    Furthermore, the 4MC's leading and trailing suspension arms permits the 4MC's suspension components to be positioned horizontally, and the absence of a separate chassis all add up to a lower center of gravity than the MP3. The advantage of a low centre of gravity is increased stability and easier manoeuvrability.
    The 4MC's suspension dampers can also be used as a suspension brake for travelling slowly without wobbling and for parking.

The 4MC's suspension arms causes the 4MC's track to widen as it leans which increases stability. For instance, when upright the 4MC has a track of 460mm but when leaning at 30 degrees the 4MC's track
    widens to 530mm. This is not possible with the MP3. Thereby the MP3 cannot generate any additional stability when it leans.
    Practical example, I, at 224lbs, can ride the 4MC prototype in a straight line at full lean on level ground without falling over. I can also ride the 4MC prototype at full lean going around a bend the wrong way, it feels weired but it is an indication of the amount of stability the 4MC can generate. By comparison the MP3 can hardly stay on its wheels at full lean even without a rider, and there would be absolutely no chance with a rider.
    The 4MC's 580mm width allows it to get through gaps in traffic that are too narrow for the huge 750mm wide 250cc & 400cc MP3.

The 4MC's absence of a separate chassis and separate suspension brake means that production costs are also minimised.
    The 4MC can be ridden with a car license or bike license but the MP3 can only be ridden with a bike license (this applies to Europe)

Bike
    bandit 1200s

Cool New concept scooter/bike

Some new vids of it on a skid pad - if anyones interested

http://www.4-mc.co.uk/index.html

Bike
    S1000RR
    It looks fun

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    FZR 400
    interesting concept, seems like a bloody good idea but would be interesting to see how it handles when theres more powerful version built, skid pad kinda looked like my kids knocking about on their 50cc pit bike, if it handles like that at 100+ ill order 1 now. i like the lane splitting vid though, you could split with a canam spider through that gap, good luck finding a gap like that here yet alone in london
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Some Kiwibiker threads contain such a wealth of fuckwittery that they should in some way be permanently removed from the digital domain, carved onto stone tablets and then launched into space to scare the living shit out of any hostile alien species that may be lurking nearby

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    4 wheels - still a bike?

no

Thread Information