Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: SMCTNR - SMC Thursday Night Ride

Bike
    2nd ZXR250 A
    ive become a highway biker! and just in time too...

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by macros87 View Post
    i always thought of plastic as asexual... unless wrapped around a scooter... so you are saying honda uses gay plastics?
    it depends on the colour

isn't your bike mostly plastic too?

Bike
    THE XS is GONE, long live the across
    Blog Entries
    Did they drop metal shards into your oil?

Also, my bike had almost no plastic on it. Just solid steel

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Well, another successful ride.

Oh wait, or not.

Ride ended up with the tail-end charlie (me) and Shaun leading the ride, trying to "catch up" to the rest of the pack who were were meant to be 45 minutes behind.

Little did we know that the ride, thanks to Goldilocks, was even further behind schedule in turn, and so we were just pulling further and further away from them as we "caught up".

Ended up at Bar Africa around three quarters of an hour before the nubs arrive.

Fooking brilliant weather for a cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    MC19
    Typical aye.

More electrics problems was it?

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Real_Wolf View Post
    Did they drop metal shards into your oil?
    nah they just charged him 85$ per hour to change clutch plates... and may have buggered his rear brake

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    Well, another successful ride.
    would've been if it wasn't for our useless tail end

So i get to bp kkumeu on time, and wait around for jafa.... ross turns up, talk mroe shit about bikes, check phone, "oh a txt from jafa"

"meet you at helensville"

at this point it's 7pm so having not seen him pass we assign him to tail end charlie

sure enough, by wellsford he's lost two riders and we have to go back looking for them, and lose another good ten minutes.

then on the trip to albany we manage to lose yet more riders, turn back to retrieve one, but get there eventually to find the tail end charlie must've sneaked past and/or gone straight to the pub

another prime example of SMC organisation!

Bike
    Too many to count
    next week we leave on time, and will go via woodcocks rd - so moar daylight and earlier bedtime (or moar time at the pub)

Bike
    MC19
    Let the blame game begin.

How could we lose people we never even saw? And how did we end up in front of you without anyone noticing? Not like we took different routes.

Bike
    Too many to count
    dude, you weren't even there!

or did jafa lose you too?

Bike
    MC19
    Actually, come to think of it, he did!

Man Jafa's a useless TEC!

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    next week we leave on time
    The ride operates on Real time + 10 minutes tops - the collective shall have little patience for those who are disorganised, including myself.
    See, Shaun and myself were working to the basis of you actually following your original post/plan. What fools we were!

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    2nd ZXR250 A
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    See, Shaun and myself were working to the basis of you actually following your original post/plan. What fools we were!
    ill say man! you got no one to blame for yourself, had you given it more than 3o seconds thought, you would have realised it was stupid to assume we would act according to a preset plan!

Bike
    2nd ZXR250 A
    nah they just charged him 85$ per hour to change clutch plates... and may have buggered his rear brake

i got some rubbery type shit out of behind where the break pad is held on to the caliper... seemed to be holding it againstish the disk unnaturally and only on one side so the pad wasn't completely flat, it hasnt happened again since that... but im still suspicious of it..

i am really happy with the clutch tho!

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by macros87 View Post
    i got some rubbery type shit out of behind where the break pad is held on to the caliper... seemed to be holding it againstish the disk unnaturally and only on one side so the pad wasn't completely flat, it hasnt happened again since that... but im still suspicious of it..
    should have taken it back there to get THEM to fix it, seeing as they broke it.

i have no idea what you're talking about but for all we know you may have just removed something vital

Bike
    2nd ZXR250 A
    should have taken it back there to get THEM to fix it, seeing as they broke it.

i have no idea what you're talking about but for all we know you may have just removed something vital
    dude it took me lik 5 months to take in the clutch for fixing, because of the vitality of the brakes in the wholes riding experience, it would take at least another month for me to take it in.

no it was like a ruber piece of something, and from the couple of times ive taken that caliper apart, im pretty sure that wasn't there before... nor did it look like a part of anything on it, seriously looked like a something that somehow got stuck there + the pad is now sitting parallel to the brake disc

Thread Information