Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SMCTNR - SMC Thursday Night Ride

Bike
    Too many to count

SMCTNR - SMC Thursday Night Ride

Who's keen?

Leave BP kumeu at 7:00pm, head north, stop at the lookout before wellsford, and come back via the new toll (free) motorway to meet the ATNR guys at bar africa about 9 pm. If we get bored with the new motorway we can always take the old route through waiwera.

Betterer than the ATNR cause they'll have drawn all the police attention, leaving us to cruise uninterrupted

On every week of semester, weather dependant, and you must be able to maintain 100kph on the motorway.

The ride operates on Real time + 10 minutes tops - the collective shall have little patience for those who are disorganised, including myself. We've moved the time to 6:30 to account for late lectures but no later!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SMCTNR map.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	543.8 KB 
ID:	122432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1000-800.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	288.1 KB 
ID:	123222  

Bike
    1987 VFR400 NC24
    haha nvm I read the title..

I cant make it I have to go to a dive shop im doing my diving this weekend
    Theres a hole in the sky, through which things can fly

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    No. Needed moar warning - i.e. before I hit the booze.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    2nd ZXR250 A

Angry

YOU BASTARD! I REALLY NEEDED A GOOD RIDE AND YOU GIVE ME AN HOURS NOTICE!! i only just got home, mmm will be next time i guess....

Bike
    Too many to count
    well no-one turned up and the roads were nice and dry - remembered i was meant to pick up my glasses from the optometrist so decided to save my money for paeroa this weekend and went home via the atnr

i see the atnr also needs some HTFU pills cause there was no-one there....

next week then!

Bike
    Too many to count
    btw BP kumeu has a nice new shiny air pump thing - the GOOD sort that people don't run over.

Bike
    2nd ZXR250 A
    is that the one we went to have my tyres pumped and couldnt figure out wtf was going on? ohh whats the new motorway like? all nice and even without imprefections just ready to speed on?

Bike
    gsxr750
    the motorways nice and smooth, but on windy days its not too nice, wind comes through that gorge like crazy.

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by macros87 View Post
    is that the one we went to have my tyres pumped and couldnt figure out wtf was going on?
    yep

ohh whats the new motorway like? all nice and even without imprefections just ready to speed on?
    well you'll just have to come next thursday and see :P

Bike
    2nd ZXR250 A
    so the pump is shiny... but do the gauges work now? cos if not... then theres no real point now is there in replacing the danmed thing.... next thursday? same time? id be keen. depending on the weather of course cos apparently this week will be shit.

Bike
    Too many to count
    yep pump worked fine, told me my pressures were bang on which matched up with my tyre-kicking test and means i have lost no air since last filling up

same time, same place unless we start running out of daylight

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    is that the one we went to have my tyres pumped and couldnt figure out wtf was going on? ohh whats the new motorway like? all nice and even without imprefections just ready to speed on?
    beautiful mate, you could average 180 and not hit a bump. there is also a great loooking bridge you ride under.

Bike
    Pure coolness...
    yip the new motorway is just right for finding your top speed out, pity theres been lots of cops along there.
    Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the side effects of horsepower.

'Fast' Harleys are only fast compared to stock Harleys.

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    beautiful mate, you could average 180 and not hit a bump. there is also a great loooking bridge you ride under.
    A scary looking bridge!
    It's at the end of my Dad's road but it's blocked off by a gate, it's all gravel by then anyway. I remember riding my push bike with a mate all the way along there years ago, ended up in Waiwera after jumping a few fences.

Bike
    2nd ZXR250 A
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    Sweet, always nice when new smooth roads pop out of nowhere (not that it did pop out of nowhere but i never go around there so its only just caught my attention.)

Quote Originally Posted by nallac View Post
    yip the new motorway is just right for finding your top speed out, pity theres been lots of cops along there.
    i guess it is a shame, but that knowledge will keep us from doing really stupid things incase they are cops around (dnt worry i left room for doing stupid things just not really stupid)

Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    yep pump worked fine, told me my pressures were bang on which matched up with my tyre-kicking test and means i have lost no air since last filling up

same time, same place unless we start running out of daylight
    sweet just keep me posted for any changes and ill most likely make it...

tyre pressure testing?! i have to do that aswell? fck! there is far too many things to keep an eye on bikes.. im sure with cars you just leave em alone untill..... oh yeah untill they break that would be the difference..

Thread Information